I'll prove I can do it!!

Morning ladies! Time for a challenge. I've literally been a yo yo for a few weeks and fed up generally with myself! Don't be Sorry Christy, let's just take action! I get the comfort eating emotional eating and it is a curse, an affliction that I have too and will always have. Just have to keep working at it. x

Thanks guys I know I need to take control back. Yesterday saw a new low - the guy I broke up with attacked my car with a hammer during the night (see pic). Police can't do anything as nobody saw him do it. Feeling pretty vulnerable as I know he hasn't finished yet and he did this after zero contact for 2 weeks. Why can't he just move on?

Attachments

• image-3834685033.png
    image-3834685033.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 62
Oh! Christy! You poor thing! I just cannot believe this, it's like something one hears on the news and happens to "other people"! Not one's friends (ok virtual friend)! I'm glad you reported this to the police and whilst is disappointing to say the least that they cant' do anything you still did the right thing. I think keeping no contact at all is the best thing as engaging in any kind of contact could just antagonise him or give him false hope. He clearly can't be completely sane. Just be careful but do not let this make you feel any more vulnerable that you are feeling right now. I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Big big hugs. xx

I know exactly where your coming from Kira - it's a nightmare. This probably sounds extreme but he always seems to strike at weekends so I am going to stay awake at night and be on guard. Next time I am going to catch him in the act so the police have to act. He clearly had psychological issues, i'm glad i got out when i did as i cant believe he is doing this after just 4 weeks together!!

At the end of the day I have a family to protect and he is not going to get the reaction out of me which he is expecting xx

Yes, you must remain calm and strong at all costs to protect your family and yourself. Dealing with someone with psychological/mental issues can take a toll on one's health and the more vulnerable you feel the more vulnerable one can become. I relate this insofar as my ex husband had/has psychological issues and I had to stop all contact to remain sane and to protect my son with him and my youngest son and husband. Irony is my eldest son has no contact with his dad (out of his own choice) because my ex simply was not rational. Remember remain "calm" at all costs you need to be sharp and alert to deal with this man until he finally goes away. x

The police can do something

They can issue him with part one of the harassment order- no ' proof ' required

***** - who is this nutter? I would suggest that your t wat radar needs some careful re tuning love. Speak to a solicitor about a restraining order

Oh and do not engage with him on any level - be it text, email or whatever

I've already discussed the harassment notice with the Police but there is still criteria that needs to be met even though the no proof rule applies, and I don't have enough...yet.

I work in the legal profession so know how the system works and at the moment I don't have enough evidence to successfully apply for a restraining order and I cannot afford a civil injunction.

At the moment my hands are tied and hope that he has exhausted himself. Somehow i don't think he is done so I've got to be on my guard.

I am not engaging in any kind of communication with him - I've changed all my contact details do he can't harass me in the way he was previously. Problem now is, is he is still wound up enough to drive 25 miles and put a hammer through my windscreen. I haven't taken the bait though and reported it to the Police. Yes I am scared, yes I feel vulnerable but I haven't shown it.

I had just started dating someone new but I have finished that now - I am done with relationships. Totally overrated and I am better off single. I am totally serious when I say that. I've got a little boy to think about and it's my job to protect him.

Last edited:
Awh! Christy, I so feel for you. It just seems so unfair when everything seemed to be going so well. You're looking stunning and you were/are reaping the health benefits of the weight loss. Do keep going on that front and aim for your target. I know weight loss isn't necessarily a priority now but health of course is both physical and mental. Surround yourself with the people you love and trust, friends and family they will give you strength to remain strong. x

Christy away to give you a wee private mail chick and I'm totally up for a challenge as I need to get my day arse back into gear. I had 2 burger kings in Sunday yes that's right 2!!!! Why in the actual ****!!! Xxx

Hi Christy,
I am really sorry you are going through this situation. Probably your decision to stay single for a while is the best at the time being. Your little boy should come first. That doesn't mean that you have to put yourself and your health in the second place.
Keep doing what you've started...you are doing so good. Fight for your life and health and don't let anybody control you. Just remind yourself what a battle is to lose so much weight...you are strong!!!!

Ok so I have braved the scales - I'm back up to 15st2 but I can get this sorted. Today is my last 'food day' so I can finish what I bought in the food shop. I have worked it out as 950 calories so a lot less than I have been eating the last couple of weeks. Then I am back on plan from tomorrow morning.

By giving into my emotions I am allowing him to win and I am stronger than that.

I've got my groove back and I will get to goal!!! xxx

That's the spirit!! I am really pleased you are not going to let him win! You will fly through to target now you have your groove back! Looking at where you started and where you are now even with the gain of a few pounds you have done brilliantly!

I am very glad you are starting again tomorrow. You are so close to your goal, it's a pity to let it get over you. xxxx

All on track to start in the morning - looking forward to it.

Just had my last tea and I've just made the most awesome homemade garlic ciabatta...home baked bread, French butter infused with smoked garlic.....yummy!!! That's a treat to remember when this diet finally ends - god I miss baking :( xx

I've made it to lunchtime and I am bloody starving!!! I had a warm choc mint shake for breakfast and going to have a cookies and cream shake for lunch. Forcing water down my throat but it's making me gag :( x

Be prepared for lots of posting from me....made it through lunch with a massive plateful of croissants in front of me and guess what?!!! I managed to abstain!! Yay!!!

Just an hour and a half until I have my lemon and yogurt bar....I will be 100% today even if it kills me!!! x

Christy day 1 is a killer especially when like us there have been breaks etc. It gets harder and harder and that mental resolve is crucial. Routing for you and keep posting as many posts at you like! If the water is making you gag don't try and force it down, keep a glass on your desk and sip at it throughout the day. I use the massive Starbucks mugs that came with my husband! Holds a pint and I refill it. I think Lighter Life say the water you drink throughout the day should be like a water wheel or words to that effect and thus slow and little so you drink the requisite amount. Very excited for you! Just seen how Lily is doing and she's lost 30 lbs!! In 50 days! I really must get my own act together and stop procrastinating! Follow you lovelies ladies! x

Be prepared for lots of posting from me....made it through lunch with a massive plateful of croissants in front of me and guess what?!!! I managed to abstain!! Yay!!!

Just an hour and a half until I have my lemon and yogurt bar....I will be 100% today even if it kills me!!! x

So glad for you!!

I've made it to lunchtime and I am bloody starving!!! I had a warm choc mint shake for breakfast and going to have a cookies and cream shake for lunch. Forcing water down my throat but it's making me gag :( x

How is the taste of cookies and cream shake? I bought a sachet but haven't tried yet..xx

Back