I'll prove I can do it!!

12 weeks on Sole Sourcing would be very tricky indeed. I just about scraped through 8 weeks of it - although I luckily only had 2 and a half stone to lose by this point. I lost the remainder with calorie counting.

An interesting point which I have spoken about before... after the first few weeks on a VLCD, your losses are the same whether you eat 400 calories a day or 800. I found this to be true in practice as well. You may find that actually eating helps keep you focussed.. have you considered step 2 or 3 of CD? This however won't work if eating a little bit leads to losing control < and we've all been there! >

I wouldn't tell yourself that you MUST stay on SS for 12 weeks. I would take each week as it comes right now. Ketosis is not dangerous but you wouldn't want to be in a permanent state of it, no. What you should be aiming for ultimately is the ability to have a healthy relationship with food...everything in moderation, good fats, low carbs, well balanced meals, minimum snacking.

If you work out how to do this, please let me know :D

Hey guys - totally echo GGs advice. The Cambridge book actually states that it is for a
MAXIMUM of 12 weeks or for as long as you can manage. I am wondering if it may be a good time to have a week of SS+ to help with the eating urges u r experiencing.

The problem with eating is that you then have to really control WHAT you eat, it's so easy to kid urself thinking that a small slice of cheese or a couple of crisps from u'r child's leftovers are ok. Believe me....I do it all the time and it has dramatically slowed my progress. It's time for me to get back to basics.

One thought has struck me though - I don't actually do SS, I've been doing SS+/stage 2 since the start and I've lost 80lbs since July. If u want to lose 75lbs I think that's high enough to enable u to see the great results I have and quickly. My CDC said she doesn't recommend SS often as it normally ends in disaster and her ladies do a lot better using Stage 2.

So far so good today - I had mint choc shake for breakfast, had a cookies and cream shake for lunch....3 litres of water all ready! I am determined to smash the cheating and messing about :) xxxx

I knew GG & Christy would provide good sound advice!

So glad I can pop and off Minis as I've had a few wobbly moments today! Its only early afternoon! Having a pint cup of the and boy it's tastes so good after just water all day long! A real treat!

Christy you're doing well! Come on we can get through today!

I would LOVE to have at least ONE meal (as in food) a day, but my consultant is pretty adamant to my sticking to 12 weeks MINIMUM of SS - and I'm feeling hard done by ... LOL.

I'm meeting with her on 8 March and I'm going to mention eating a small meal (and I "think" I can do a small meal of chicken breast and veggies...or tuna salad or something).

I have made up my mind of how I will be eating once I've reached goal - and if you Cristy can do it in 6 months, its achievable.

Thanks ladies - you've urged me to speak to my witch of a consultant (who even said she'd MOVE IN with me when I was really struggling in the beginning) - tbh, I think she see's me as a money making cow to her - and I want to move off the cambridge products (or at least cut down on them) asap as they are expensive.

Thanks for your excellent advice GG - I agree, its all about having a healthy relationship with food, and I think my mind is in that space - I'm just feeling really deprived at the moment - 4 weeks of NO FOOD is making me a bit mental.

Thanks Kira for keeping me company today whilst all I could think of is food...food!

OMG!!

triedon the size 29" Levi's I wore on 14 December going out! Ok they were snug but looked ok and I managed to have food without jeans feelin unbearably tight). I weighed 8st 13 lbs 8 oz that morning so 9stmat start of week).

Tried them on now and I had to lie down for them to "do" up and they were tight not snug or even very snug! Uncomfortably tight I couldn't even wear them for five minutes tight!

The 4-6 lbs difference has clearly made a difference and I've been fooling myself having the 2 PT sessions are enough! Jeez! What more incentive do I need! So,whilst the 6 pounds may not necessarily show,in certain clothes it certainly does in more fitted clothes!!

Come hell or high water I will get to Friday! I have to!!!

Alas, I'm afraid it doesn't! You see, had I continued in the new year and not allowed myself to slowly go off piste around 14 Jan, I would either have maintained at the exact same weight (worst scenario as I see it now or better still I'd be under 9st with a 7lb buffer!) DO NOT be a me! Be very, very careful when you introduce food. I'm angry, scared to eat but not necessarily scared enough NOT to binge! What makes me feel worse right now is I am all dressed up to go out (albeit in jeans) long top to cover big bum! and my hair nail and make up done etc. But I feel uncomfortable as they jeans (size 30 and J Brand with a lot of stretchy lycra stuff in) feel tigher and I can feel that extra 6lb. It's all it take 3- 6 pounds to make a difference. I just feel I am all words and not action. There is not such thing as "diets not working" any diet other than "eat anything you like" diets work IF one sticks to them. I guess that goes for maintenance. I'm so sorry I am upset and very very angry at myself. Yes, I am doing something about it but I so don't want anyone to go through this. It's awful! I will report back on a completed day either tonight or in the morning ................it is going to be so hard! :cry: (feeling very sorry for myself!)

Sorry Kira! I mis-read your post on your jeans now feeling UNcomfortably tight!!! I get it now... sorry. I must say, although I'm dying to eat something - I'm also scared of food. My consultant keeps saying to me "you need to follow my advise EXACTLY and not waver" and I think, listening to you, I understand what she means. I guess we tend to think "cool, so I'm at goal weight - lets celebrate" and the celetration goes on... and on... and then you jump on the scale and :cry:. Its all about controlling what goes into your mouth - portion control and being aware. My consultant lost 35kgs on CD in 3.5months on SS and said MAINTAINING was more difficult than losing the weight. I get it. We cant expect to go back to eating how we did after losing weight.... its a new lifestyle we have to create, and then adjust to it accordingly.

Life as we knew it is no longer.

Today I had my morning shake at 9.30 (and 1 litre of water before "breakfast") and my "lunch" shake at 1.30 and "dinner" shake at 6.30 and I'm ok... evenings are always the worst for me - once the kids are in bed, and its just me..... snacking was my comfort. Now I have you guys!:D

....and Kira.... if you put your mind to it, you know you could lose those extra pounds in a week or two....

I hope your evening out cheers you up a little bit.

Alas, I'm afraid it doesn't! You see, had I continued in the new year and not allowed myself to slowly go off piste around 14 Jan, I would either have maintained at the exact same weight (worst scenario as I see it now or better still I'd be under 9st with a 7lb buffer!) DO NOT be a me! Be very, very careful when you introduce food. I'm angry, scared to eat but not necessarily scared enough NOT to binge! What makes me feel worse right now is I am all dressed up to go out (albeit in jeans) long top to cover big bum! and my hair nail and make up done etc. But I feel uncomfortable as they jeans (size 30 and J Brand with a lot of stretchy lycra stuff in) feel tigher and I can feel that extra 6lb. It's all it take 3- 6 pounds to make a difference. I just feel I am all words and not action. There is not such thing as "diets not working" any diet other than "eat anything you like" diets work IF one sticks to them. I guess that goes for maintenance. I'm so sorry I am upset and very very angry at myself. Yes, I am doing something about it but I so don't want anyone to go through this. It's awful! I will report back on a completed day either tonight or in the morning ................it is going to be so hard! :cry: (feeling very sorry for myself!)

Ahhh Kira - i know how u'r feeling and it's really hard coming to terms with the fact we are always going to have to measure and watch what we eat...it's taken me 40 years to realise that the buck stops with me.

Our brains are complex things and I do believe that a lot of my cheating had been self sabotage
- is it because I don't think I deserve to be thin because of low self esteem, is it just lack of personal discipline, am I just "greedy"???!! The bottom line is I love food!! But yes I also think the years of being fat have made me believe that defines who I am.

We choose to do this because we want to be healthier and look better - we want to walk into shops and pick up slim clothes knowing they fit and that we will look nice in them, instead of reaching for the larger sizes and trying them and having the feeling is dread as to whether it will make us look huge. We want to see photos of ourselves with friends and family and think 'thats a nice photo of us all together' instead of 'oh my god look at my double chin'!!

We will always have fat days and times when we don't like how we look, but by keeping control we WILL successfully maintain. We have all worked so hard to get this far we bloody deserve it just as much as the next person!!

Pat urself on u'r back and be proud of the journey and rise up to the 3 day challenge :) u will lose that extra few pounds in no time. I'd be more worried if u told me u had gone and bought a bigger size - use these jeans as u'r benchmark :) xxxx

Feeling your pain Kira. A lot of my clothes feel snug to say the least. I have err maybe a dozen pairs of size 8 jeans and the same again in size 10s and the 8s < unless they are New Look or Gap > are tight. Just writing that makes me feel like a tool actually, like I'm all ' wah wah wah, I'm having a pity party for one because i'm having to wear a massive size 10 '.... but it really is all relative. And I completely identify with just a few lbs making such a massive difference in how you feel. I need to lose 6lbs and I will lose them in the next few weeks if the effort kills me <probably will >

I would LOVE to have at least ONE meal (as in food) a day, but my consultant is pretty adamant to my sticking to 12 weeks MINIMUM of SS - and I'm feeling hard done by ... LOL.

I'm meeting with her on 8 March and I'm going to mention eating a small meal (and I "think" I can do a small meal of chicken breast and veggies...or tuna salad or something).

I have made up my mind of how I will be eating once I've reached goal - and if you Cristy can do it in 6 months, its achievable.

Thanks ladies - you've urged me to speak to my witch of a consultant (who even said she'd MOVE IN with me when I was really struggling in the beginning) - tbh, I think she see's me as a money making cow to her - and I want to move off the cambridge products (or at least cut down on them) asap as they are expensive.

Thanks for your excellent advice GG - I agree, its all about having a healthy relationship with food, and I think my mind is in that space - I'm just feeling really deprived at the moment - 4 weeks of NO FOOD is making me a bit mental.

Thanks Kira for keeping me company today whilst all I could think of is food...food!

Believe me if I can shift it, anybody can! U will do just fine I'm sure of it!! I would have crashed out of CD months ago if it hadn't been for this wonderful site and the fantastic people on here - its amazing how u come to rely on people u have never met and are able to open up about this deeply personal battle.

I stopped posting in here for a couple of weeks and lost my way for a bit, but writing on here really helps me focus and think about why I am doing this xxx

Day 1 of the 3 day challenge over!! I did it!!!!! Absolutely 0 cheating for the first time in god knows how long!

Thanks everyone for being an awesome support....here's to day 2 :) xxx

Feeling your pain Kira. A lot of my clothes feel snug to say the least. I have err maybe a dozen pairs of size 8 jeans and the same again in size 10s and the 8s < unless they are New Look or Gap > are tight. Just writing that makes me feel like a tool actually, like I'm all ' wah wah wah, I'm having a pity party for one because i'm having to wear a massive size 10 '.... but it really is all relative. And I completely identify with just a few lbs making such a massive difference in how you feel. I need to lose 6lbs and I will lose them in the next few weeks if the effort kills me <probably will >

I hear what u r both saying too. I out 6lbs on and could really feel it. As a size 14-16 my clothes still have room in them but man I could feel it round my neck and tummy. Not a nice feeling at all!!!

You will do it - u r one of the most determined people I've come across :) x

I say determined... a lot of folk say obtuse :D I'm capable of remarkable things when I put my mind to it. As are you. Have to say, i'm not confident that I could have come back from weighing over 20 stone like you have. And < I've said this before too! > studies show that once you become over 20 odd stone it is statistically not likely that you will be able to lose weight without gastric surgery of some sort. So you have already done the bloody hardest bit! And at 5 foot 7 I think you could weigh 12 stone and be a very nice size 12.

Thanks Christy! Your story has really motivated me as I feel I'm one of those people too who says "if I can do it, anybody can" as I am a big girl, and after being divorced 5 years feel I'm ready to tip my toe in the dating pool and feel that my weight really does revolt men! It revolts ME to see my body in the mirror! I really thought, doing 3 shakes ONLY a day for all this time the weight would drop off me, but it really does seem to be very gradual and slow... slower than I thought and THATS why I'm losing hope and faith in myself (and my body) in its ability to lose fast. As I have so much to lose, I thought it would be faster, ... I know someone here in SA who is a week behind me, has less to lose, and has lost what I've done in 4 weeks, in 2. and THAT demotivates me. I know our bodies are all different, bla bla.... but hells bells....

Its also funny, how when life throws us a wobbly, we turn to food? I used to be the complete opposite... when I had something thrown at me, I stopped eating! Now I comfort eat.... Divorce, then death of best friend... then 2 other deaths which affected me at work that were both sudden and I was really needed.... food was my comfort...

I will definately think differently about everything that goes into my mouth going forward!

As I'm too new to this site, I cant upload pics of anything... I really NEED a bunc of cyber ladies, going through the same emotions that I am - to motivate me to continue.... I HATE MY BODY and therefore hate myself.... and I've lived like this too long, I need a new me to find my self confidence again.

I say determined... a lot of folk say obtuse :D I'm capable of remarkable things when I put my mind to it. As are you. Have to say, i'm not confident that I could have come back from weighing over 20 stone like you have. And < I've said this before too! > studies show that once you become over 20 odd stone it is statistically not likely that you will be able to lose weight without gastric surgery of some sort. So you have already done the bloody hardest bit! And at 5 foot 7 I think you could weigh 12 stone and be a very nice size 12.

Oh I hope so GG! That's what I am aiming for really. My GP wanted to refer me for gastric surgery and was starting the process off, it was the last thing I wanted which is why I had to dig deep and sort it myself.

Here's to day 2 lady!!! :)

Back