IM A FAILURE

hotty25

:(:cry::cry::cry: i thought i would have one night off yet that night turned into a two week binge i ate everything you can imagine.and now 5lbs heavier and neg on the stick and back on the diet today im starving and feel so worthless and cant stop crying.a 5lb gain in two weeks whats gonna happen when im at target am i gonna gain it all back after eating a bloody chip.grrr hate myself so much right now.got family probs and aint got over losing two family members to cancer and my life is just so **** right now iv had suicide thoughts hoe BLOODY SELFISH my children lost there dad to cancer im a worthless idiot who cant do nothing right......

Listen you will shift that 5lbs in no time, really don't be so hard on yourself! Think of it as a little holiday and put it behind you! Look how amazingly well you've done, your ticker is inspiring! And yes you've put on 5lbs, but look at you now, back on it to sort it out before it gets out of control....and that's exactly what you can do later once you are at goal!

We are all too quick to beat ourselves up! Just remind yourself how much you've achieved already and how much more you know you can achieve if you put your mind to it! Chin up and good luck!

hey hun - dont be so hard on yourself. So what if you had a couple of weeks off and gained a few pounds. Its not the end of the world. Just accept it, put it behind you and get on with it tomorrow. We all hate ourselves sometimes cos we judge ourself more harshly than anyone else. Decide whats important to you and if thats losing weight get back on track. Good luck :)

Hi hotty, Sorry to hear about your familly members. I hope you are ok. Look we all have tough things and times to deal with and as i learned this week i still turn to food to make me feel better its like still my best friend.its all in my diary hun but im starting back on the cd wagon monday.
Just the other week you were telling me how well you have done. and you have done well hotty,once you get to your goal your cdc will help with the food issues and easing you back so as you dont put on any weight.I hope your feeling better soon.

becky xx

Hey hun there are no failures here, we are all trying and that's in itself makes us winners. Look at everything you have achieved and a 5lb gain pales into insignificance. Don't be so hard on yourself xxxxx

blimey hun , dont stress bout 5 lb, bit more going on in your life than a diet right now. you have the self awareness to say you have suicidal thoughts .... go and see your gp. i felt like that 3 months although mine was after a hysterectomy at age 36. i havent been able to diet for a few months so im restarting this coming week . if you fancy a buddy to start back up with im here and on pc everyday !!!

Aww don't beat yourself up. We all know it's one of the hardest things, losing weight then keeping it off!
I've started this CD about 5 times and each time there has been a reason why I have given up, and here I am again.....
You're not a failure x

Hi Hotty25,

I can only agree with all posts before me. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are going through tough times and just the fact that you have done so so well so far despite that is something you can be so very proud of.

I've been struggeling too but compared to you I haven't got a reason. My life seems very plain sailing at the moment and I feel a bit guilty for struggeling and feeling sorry for myself. During 10days off I put something like 6lbs on but by the next weigh in it was all gone.

I am worried to see you so sad and all I can do is send a truck load of hugs and good luck.

Hang in there....

xxx

Hotty, don't despair over the 5 pound gain or even the fact you ended up having a 2 week binge. You had reasons for going off piste. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. You have done so well prior to the 5 pound gain. Don't let all that hard work go to waste. Gain control, like you did when you first started and lost all the intial weight. You can do it, you have already proved that. I am sure many of us have stopped and started with small cheats big cheats as well as falling completely off the wagon. Use the support of this forum, the regular posters and the ones like me that dip in and out.

Louise,

You are such a fab person and ur posts on here in the past have made me laugh and cry! Dont be so down on urself. Those who u have loved and lost- ur ex and ur nan i think?? they would be so proud of u for coming this far and they would want u to continue being strong for ur children. If u take a few weeks break from the diet and gain 5lbs so what? u've had so much heartache in the past while u defo dont need to be stressing over this. if u feel ready now then get back on it and give it ur all--i dont doubt u wont-- and dont worry about wen u get to goal wot will happen....cross one bridge at a time babe.
thinking u lots of kind wishes and hugs xxxx

oh sweetheart i was wondering were you were!!!!
im so sorry for your losses hun and as all before me have stated 5lbs is nothing compared to how far you have come,you are feeling low and this diet is hard enough to do without the added stress you are under,dont go it alone hun please,try talking to someone close to you if you dont want to see your gp,or just post on here as often as you can,we are all here for you,as ive said to you before you are an inspiration to the likes of myself and alot of others on here so dont give up and remember why you are doing this,
ELAINE XX

Failure????? Don't be so ridic. You tooka detour that's all. A detour to the wrong place so jump back on the wagon and don't dwell xx

Hey Louise, thats not much at all considering its most likely water :) You have done brilliantly on your diet, and you will shift it again in no time.

sorry to hear that you are feeling so down, please dont let the few lbs drag you down, you have so much to live for

Hugs
Hx

Hi Louise,
5lbs will come off in no time - take care of yourself. Chin up .....

Hey, don't worry at all, the 5 pounds is just water! And how do I know? Because I've had a day off the diet today because I wanted to cook a special three course meal as a treat for my well-deserving mum and family, and guess what?... I've just weighed myself.... and I've put on five pounds just today alone! :cry: 5 seems to be the magic number here, doesn't it?

Now even though it was a lovely meal with a fattening dessert and copious wine, there's no way I've consumed the 17,500 calories needed to put on 5 pounds of fat!

So just do what I'm about to do - draw a line under today, start again in the morning with the shakes, and those five pounds will be gone in no time.

Good luck!

5lbs is 5lbs, easy on and easy off, I promise, ok, lets get it in to perspective, you are only human hun x

When you get to goal you wont put it all back on again, I didnt, and you wont.

When I ssed, I did it for 5 months, at the end of the 4th month I went to Tunisia for 4 days, I had all intentions of doing ss or AAM there.

I got on the plane, and they stuck a full english i front of me, guess what, I wolfed the lot :D and then i didnt resurface for 5 days!!!

I put on 9lbs in the space of 5 days. I then SS'ed on my return, and it was back off in 5 days, another month on SS I was at goal, then I did it properly, worled through the stages (well till xmas 2006) and then roughly maintained for 1 year, DD got ill and was hospitalised last summer and I gained weight there through living at the hospital and then christmas this year, hey, its only 14lbs, its not the 60lbs I had to lose 2 years ago!

You can do it, you are not a failure, you are a beautiful mum with beautiful kids. Bet hey, guess what, you are human too, and a brill human at that x

one night off yet that night turned into a two week binge i ate everything you can imagine.and now 5lbs heavier and neg on the stick and back on the diet today im starving and feel so worthless and cant stop crying.a 5lb gain in two weeks whats gonna happen when im at target am i gonna gain it all back after eating a bloody chip
As you only put on 5lbs during a two week binge, I've got a strong suspicion that a 'bloody chip' isn't going to make you put all your weightloss to date back on;)

2 weeks of binging and only a 5lbs gain is fabulous :clap: Probably just glycogen replenishing and no extra fat at all.

Get back on the diet and I'm sure it'll be off before you can say McDonalds :)

Louise

Darling you sound like you've had a rough trip. Dont beat yourself up over relaxing for a while. Remember you want to lose and how good you'll feel when you get there!

Hang in there. You've done it now and today you get straight back on with it. Take your kids out and pack a healthy picnic. Drink plenty of water and flush your body out.

Brenda
X

:(:cry::cry::cry: i thought i would have one night off yet that night turned into a two week binge i ate everything you can imagine.and now 5lbs heavier and neg on the stick and back on the diet today im starving and feel so worthless and cant stop crying.a 5lb gain in two weeks whats gonna happen when im at target am i gonna gain it all back after eating a bloody chip.grrr hate myself so much right now.got family probs and aint got over losing two family members to cancer and my life is just so **** right now iv had suicide thoughts hoe BLOODY SELFISH my children lost there dad to cancer im a worthless idiot who cant do nothing right......

What you thought would be 1 night off turned into a 2weeks binge and you've gained 5lbs. STOP now and you can easily lose that 5lb in the first week again. If you carry on the 1 night that went into 2weeks will go onto a month, 2months and where will your gains end??

You are not a worthless idiot - you've got lots of emotional family problems at the moment and so it's easy to blame yourself. Stand back - take a deep breath, remember why you want to lose the weight .... and if you still do, start again - one day at a time.

Maybe you'll look at everything and decide now isn't the time to be doing the diet? If so - it'll still be here when you are ready.

If you do want to do it ... Come on here daily for support, motivation or a kick up the bum! Buddy up with someone too to give you extra encouragement.

Good luck either way.

Back