I'm back, and need to lose 2 more stone. I MUST I MUST.

Ooooh preetone am I invited, I love Indian weddings, all that great luscious food. :D

Ooh wow, not long now then!! You'd best get some photos up! When you say trainer do you mean personal trainer like in a gym or...?

Today I've had my porridge and a nectarine so far and I've got a prawn salad for lunch with more fruit. I think I'm having greek style canellini beans for dinner so quite a good day methinks... Neck is still horrid though. Grr. I really hope I lose weight. Maybe i'll try going for a long walk tonight. Longer with a bit less pace. Any thoughts? x

yes i mean trainer as in guy at gym who makes me work out and i pay to much money to lol

yes lots of yummy food at an indian wedding. its my engagement ceremony/party this weekend.
but i have decided im going to make good choices at the party rather then not eat at all, after all im only going to get married once!

I have a rule, Preetone, and that is that diets don't count when it's a special occasion. After all, if you're going to be dancing all night then I pretty much guarantee you won't put weight on if you indulge a little bit. You have to enjoy yourself too sometimes you know.

Damn, I'm jealous now, I have to ask Sharon our Sikh girl to bring in some food again, her mum makes samosa's to die for.

Take it easy elle, you need low impact stuff, do you have a bike? or swimming maybe.

Preetone has a point with the FITflops. Those, MBT's and the Skechers Shape Up range have soles which are designed to tone up the legs and bum but they also support the muscles around the knees and promote good posture keeping the back in a good position. The only drawback would be, when you first start wearing them they take some getting used to!

Morning elle.

Yep Taz - I'm still getting used to mine cos I don't get to wear them enough x

I think I'm eating too much fruit. Is that possible?

Probably not Elle - you'll be fine once your body gets used to it. How much fruit are you eating for goodness sake x

It is possible. I've seen people eating too much on Slimming World where fruit is 'free' and been told to cut back! It really depends on how much you are having, when you have it and what else you are eating. Although fruit is good for you it is also high in natural sugars. It's best eaten in it's whole, raw state than juiced or in a smoothie. Also, it breaks down fast in the gut so it's always best to eat BEFORE slower digesting food such as meat or it will get 'stuck in the queue' for digestion and turn to gas causing bloating and wind!

Morning elle, anything planned for the weekend love?

How much am I eating? Hmm let's think. Probably about 2 nectarines, 4 apricots a handful of strawberries and lots and lots of tasty watermelon, as my father in law is a dab hand at picking the tastiest ones.

Folks, this morning I had the urge to have a quick sneak at the scales first time since Monday. The oddest thing is that, after 4 attempts, it still said 12st 12 1/2lbs which, apart from being 12 12 12 hehe is also 4lbs less in 4 days! Now, I'm trying to figure this out. Either the scales are broken or I've lost a silly amount in a very short amount of time while not exactly going on a hardcore diet....or.... it's because on Monday I was pre-TOTM and was quite swollen up in the chest region. Now I am on 'TOTM' it doesn't seem so bad.

Any thoughts?

p.s. Yep Jim, I'm going to my old uni's homecoming! They do a reunion every year and I've been to every last one as I'm still a student at heart :D

I know my mates will end up with a take away or the Keele special of chips, cheese and gravy at the end of the night but I know I have the determination to say no so I'm not worried. Also, as I'm on pills, there's no alcohol for me, which is fine as I'm usually on the diet cokes during a night out anyway. I think I get high on the fake sugar....

xx

LOL, enjoy your reunion then love, catch you Monday

If you are unsure of your scales get something large and weighty which doesn't change size/shape and weigh it. Make a note of it's weight and weigh it first before you weigh yourself so you can see if the scales are working properly

Taz is right about the fruit but what you have described doesn't seem excessive. Bananas are a tricky one, both from the diet point of view and potassium (which you need but can have too much of) so the usual advice is one a day. Fruit stuck in the queue is bad news (and can cause embarrassing explosions).

The rapid weightloss is almost certainly the result of ditching a build up of water retention. TOTM and this heat are both likely to make you retain water. Drinking water will usually sort this out x

Fruit stuck in the queue is bad news (and can cause embarrassing explosions).

LOL, PMSL. That really made my day gem. :D

Hey folks and followers. Today I could not weigh myself at my usual time as I was not at home (where the scales are) so I'll weigh tomorrow morning and hopefully change tickers/signature then :)

Didn't do too badly at the reunion. Went for food and didn't have pudding - just a chicken burger with lots of salad on it and I took off the top roll so it was a sort of open-top half burger. I got it to come with a jacket P instead of chips and had about a mouthful of that. I had no alcohol and no chips at the end of the night, nor a pudding. However, I did have a solero yesterday, but that's 99 cals so it was a treat for me :) We'll see...

Reactions: Taz
Hi elle, sounds like you enjoyed yourself anyway love.

Back