I'm back and ready to lose a stone for Xmas :-)

Back from our break - reckon I was 2 days on plan and 2 off! Lots of walking too.

Back on plan this morning - didn't weigh in case that set me off on a binge - done 30 mins exercise.

Hope everyone is ok? xx
Omg I am the same when I weigh in if the results arent good, so I limit my weigh ins. Well done on the exercises. 8 mile run today for me

Omg I am the same when I weigh in if the results arent good, so I limit my weigh ins. Well done on the exercises. 8 mile run today for me

Well done on the run! Hope ur enjoying ur weekend?!x

Hi gang.

I really need your help. I just keep eating bad stuff. I know I shouldn't but I just keep doing it. Help me!

I have put half a stone on since my lowest weight just before Christmas - partly Christmas, partly holiday and partly general naughtyness.

My Personal trainer got a new job and gave up his clients which didn't help but I have been good and I got a new one and started with her on Saturday which was good. I got up this morning and went for a quick 15 minute run with the dog as I need to up my training as I'm doing a 5K in 3 weeks. I then had a nice mushroom omlette for breakfast and a jacket with cottage cheese for lunch. I've now totally ruined it with a sausage troll, a skinny latte with caramel syrup and 3 choccy biccies :-(

If it was just a one off I could deal with it, but it's just day after day I seem to be sabotaging my own diet.

Normally having a short term goal helps me so I have given myself 12 weeks to lose a stone and a half which is doable if I can just get my head sorted.

My Mum is currently the Deputy Mayor of the town where I grew up. There are local council elections on May 7 and if she is re-elected to the council she will be made Mayor on May 14th and there will be a big ceremony in the day and a dinner at night at which I have been asked to make a speech. I have a lovely new dress which fits, but would look nicer if it was a bit looser for the daytime. I will probably get a new outfit for the evening as everyone will be looking at me when I make the speech. I would obviously like to be looking my best.

I just don't know what to do to sort my head out and get myself back on track :-(

Any help or advise much appriciated

So sorry to hear you are struggling so much pony. I don't know what advice I can give other than to say on the days I've found hardest I've reminded myself of why I'm doing all this and what the long term benefit will be. ...ok the chocolate or biscuits would be nice but only for a minute then you end up feeling crappy about it afterwards. .... losing the weight and keeping it off will be a long term buzz.

That said I do still have the occasional treat. ...today was 4 quality street, but it's all counted and I either exercise it back or sacrifice something else for it. ..no oreos tonight. ...its all about balance.

Well done on getting back into your training, you know you can do this and getting up in front of all those people is definitely the motivation for you to stick to it x

Arrgh. ..talk about sabotage. ...tomorrow's weigh day and I'm hoping to hit 4st....so I just stuffed my face with cake! !!! ...maybe I'll be waiting another week!

Hi gang.

I really need your help. I just keep eating bad stuff. I know I shouldn't but I just keep doing it. Help me!

I have put half a stone on since my lowest weight just before Christmas - partly Christmas, partly holiday and partly general naughtyness.

My Personal trainer got a new job and gave up his clients which didn't help but I have been good and I got a new one and started with her on Saturday which was good. I got up this morning and went for a quick 15 minute run with the dog as I need to up my training as I'm doing a 5K in 3 weeks. I then had a nice mushroom omlette for breakfast and a jacket with cottage cheese for lunch. I've now totally ruined it with a sausage troll, a skinny latte with caramel syrup and 3 choccy biccies :-(

If it was just a one off I could deal with it, but it's just day after day I seem to be sabotaging my own diet.

Normally having a short term goal helps me so I have given myself 12 weeks to lose a stone and a half which is doable if I can just get my head sorted.

My Mum is currently the Deputy Mayor of the town where I grew up. There are local council elections on May 7 and if she is re-elected to the council she will be made Mayor on May 14th and there will be a big ceremony in the day and a dinner at night at which I have been asked to make a speech. I have a lovely new dress which fits, but would look nicer if it was a bit looser for the daytime. I will probably get a new outfit for the evening as everyone will be looking at me when I make the speech. I would obviously like to be looking my best.

I just don't know what to do to sort my head out and get myself back on track :-(

Any help or advise much appriciated

Hi - I'm late responding but I was sorry to hear how ur feeling - been there so often myself so know exactly where ur coming from - u've had some good advice here and you're going to start SW classes - so hope that'll get u going and it's great that ur continuing with ur exercise!

When I'm struggling I try to get back on track - I try to focus on eating a healthy meal at a time cos sometimes it can seems daunting to look further ahead! I allow myself a treat towards the end of the day (cos if I have it earlier I tend to want more). I find it handy to have some food in which is quick and easy to prepare like beans on toast, jacket potato, soups, pasta and sauce topped with ur HEA cheese, full English b'fast or whatever floats ur boat!

Not sure what u'll make of this one but it works for me - find photo of yourself when u were lighter & one where u were heavier to boost ur motivation - no one else needs to see them!

Could u think about the times when u've successfully lost weight in the past - what worked and what didn't?

Glad to see you'll be going to SW now - I rejoined this week too - for exactly the same reason as you! Let's hope we get good results - good luck to youxx

Ponytales firstly you are not alone, my diet has been appalling, I have no idea why I do it but I do, I can exercise until the cows come home and have some stunning clothes sitting in my wardrobe that I am too fat to wear, every day I tell myself this is it and I then have a good breakfast and then wreck it. So I came up with the daily diet declaration text, I have agreed with a friend that we text dailynour food and we have to be honest. I also complete it on my fitness pal. Its not perfect but its a start, my friend has lost 2lb so far doing this with me. Try it along with s w I am sure you will get there, you can even message me daily if you want? (Its fine if you dont want to too)

I thought about setting up a daily confessional on here to come and own up if (when) I slipped but worried it might encourage others to eat badly!

I thought about setting up a daily confessional on here to come and own up if (when) I slipped but worried it might encourage others to eat badly!

I think that's a good idea - u shd go for it! I'm sure we can't blame anyone other than ourselves for what we put in our mouths lol!! I find posting my naughtiness is just like a confession - then I feel cleansed and ready to get back on plan - strange but true! xx

I went to my first ever SW meeting last night☺(was doing it online before).

I'm feeling good about things this morning and confident that I can do this for the first time in ages.

Bex - suggest the confessional has a penance attached ie you tell us you ate a biscuit and we tell you to go for a 10 minute walk. You tell us you had a whole pizza and we tell you to do 200 kettle bell swings etc.

I'm feeling good about things this morning and confident that I can do this for the first time in ages.

Bex - suggest the confessional has a penance attached ie you tell us you ate a biscuit and we tell you to go for a 10 minute walk. You tell us you had a whole pizza and we tell you to do 200 kettle bell swings etc.

Ooh I really like that idea

Love the idea of the consequences - can see I'll need a new pair of trainer soon!

Good luck to u this week - do u feel more accountable now ur going to class? x

I think we should do the confessional too. Going off plan could be exhausting so hopefully we would all avoid it at all costs.

I think going to class made me feel focused for the first time in ages. If I'm paying to go to class I have to do it otherwise I'm wasting my money

I've been avoiding updating my stats as my weight has crept up, but now I've done it. Hopefully make me feel more accountable. can't believe what I have allowed myself to sneak on :-(

We've all been there - the main thing is you've done something about it now and you never slipped on exercise (I think I read that?!) so here's to a good weekend and good weigh ins next weekxx

No, I've stayed good on the exercise front and based on my self weigh in this morning I don't think I've put on as much as I first thought.

On my scales naked this morning I am 6lb lighter (count em . ..6!) than I was on the SW scales on Thursday evening in jeggings and t shirt.

So say 2lb for clothes, 2lb for morning /evening difference and maybe the rest is just down to the scales. Anyway, the long and short of it is that I've only put on about 5lb as opposed to the 11 I thought I had put on.

Been really good today. Been very active and eaten totally on plan so feeling good.

How is everyone else doing?

Back