I'm back and ready to lose a stone for Xmas :-)

At least you are one or the other. ...I'm all or nothing. ...Great when I'm on it. ...disastrous when I'm not! !!!

I'm normally the opposite Upndown, it's usually either the nutritiuon is spot on but no exercise, or I exercise but lose the plot nutrition wise.

This is the first time in ages I've been doing well with both, so I'm hoping the benefits will show :) I'll let you know in a few weeks

Just read wot I posted - sounded like I was bragging! When, wot I was trying to say - was that if I can get my head around food I seem to think I shd exercise - but if my food is going badly - the exercise goes by the by - hence my username! x

Just read wot I posted - sounded like I was bragging! When, wot I was trying to say - was that if I can get my head around food I seem to think I shd exercise - but if my food is going badly - the exercise goes by the by - hence my username! x

Lol....totally like me then!

Lol....totally like me then!

Yes - I've never really understood why that happens - I've been the same since I've joined here but the 'down' periods have been much shorter - thanks to all the support I've had from Minis!! You're under half a stone from target now - you've done so well! xx

Yes - I've never really understood why that happens - I've been the same since I've joined here but the 'down' periods have been much shorter - thanks to all the support I've had from Minis!! You're under half a stone from target now - you've done so well! xx

Thanks. ...I think its a bit of a fluke. ...I've never stayed on a diet this long before. ...I keep waiting for it all to go wrong and I'll down myself in a tub of ice cream or something!

The support I get on here plus no one at home to drag me off plan has defo got me through the last 6 months! !!!

Thanks. ...I think its a bit of a fluke. ...I've never stayed on a diet this long before. ...I keep waiting for it all to go wrong and I'll down myself in a tub of ice cream or something!

The support I get on here plus no one at home to drag me off plan has defo got me through the last 6 months! !!!

Pls don't put yourself down! Losing over 4 stone has taken lots of effort, determination and willpower - pat yourself on the back and stick with Minis - whilst you're here we won't let you stray off the straight and narrow - altho the odd ice cream is allowed lol x

Bex, you might say you are disastrous when it goes wrong but the stats prove you are doing way better than me. I started first and we started around the same weight and you are speeding ahead to the finish line now, whereas I'm still struggling at Beechers lol

I'll get there in the end though, even if it takes me a bit longer. I'm determined to do it and stay at target this time.

My biggest concern is what happens when I get to goal. ...I've found the diet relatively easy to stick to and even managed to lose over Christmas. ...I've not deprived myself at any point but instead of eating lots of the bad stuff I've just had a little.

Already though as I'm approaching my goal I find myself buying things I shouldn't. ..cakes and biscuits and also thinking that I can have this or that when I get to goal. ... I'm so worried that all of a sudden I'll pile it all back on!

I've decided that my plan when I get to 160 will be to stick at 1200 cals in the week and have weekends sensible and counted but without restriction. I've had the occasional week like that already so I'm hoping I'll be able to maintain our maybe even have very slow losses at that. .... if I start to gain though or lose my discipline in the week I'll have to have a rethink!

I agree Becky, its maintaining that is hard.

Now I've joined a SW group, I think I will try to keep going regularly even when I'm at taget. That way you still have to "face the scales" and can deal with any gains quickly rather than letting them add up.

Another suggestion I have heard before is to keep a fitted item of clothing in your wardrobe and try it on every week. If it ever feels too tight, get back on the diet until it fits again :)

I'm going to stick with my weekly weigh in and will still be running my diary so I'm hoping I'll catch any gains before they become a problem. ... I really like the structure of a diet (never thought I'd say that) so I'm hoping Monday to Fridays on and sat/sun off will just about keep me on track!

Bex, you might say you are disastrous when it goes wrong but the stats prove you are doing way better than me. I started first and we started around the same weight and you are speeding ahead to the finish line now, whereas I'm still struggling at Beechers lol

I'll get there in the end though, even if it takes me a bit longer. I'm determined to do it and stay at target this time.

Now you're at SW - you'll have that extra support to get you thro - like you I'm planning to stick with SW to target and beyond!

My biggest concern is what happens when I get to goal. ...I've found the diet relatively easy to stick to and even managed to lose over Christmas. ...I've not deprived myself at any point but instead of eating lots of the bad stuff I've just had a little.

Already though as I'm approaching my goal I find myself buying things I shouldn't. ..cakes and biscuits and also thinking that I can have this or that when I get to goal. ... I'm so worried that all of a sudden I'll pile it all back on!

I've decided that my plan when I get to 160 will be to stick at 1200 cals in the week and have weekends sensible and counted but without restriction. I've had the occasional week like that already so I'm hoping I'll be able to maintain our maybe even have very slow losses at that. .... if I start to gain though or lose my discipline in the week I'll have to have a rethink!

That sounds like a good plan - I don't have any ideas other than to suggest reading a few diaries here where the writer is maintaining successfully - agree it'd be vital for you (& us when we finally get to goal!) to keep posting here - of course confessions/penances apply to maintainers too!! xx

Oops....rhubarb crumble and custard at lunch! Going the gym at 4....name the punishment. ...

Last edited:
At least you are one or the other. ...I'm all or nothing. ...Great when I'm on it. ...disastrous when I'm not! !!!

Yup. That's me.

Oops....rhubarb crumble and custard at lunch! Going the gym at 4....name the punishment. ...

Oh yum! My fave!

Plank 60 second
Crunches 30
Sit ups 30
Bicycle 30

Plank 45 seconds
Crunches 30
Sit ups 30
Bicycle 30

Plank 30 seconds
Crunches 30
Sit ups 30
Bicycle 30

Change of plan. ... I've booked on to aqua aerobics at 7 so going to leave my house at 5.45 and walk up there (15 minutes ) , then do 45 minutes on the treadmill, then do aqua (1 hour) then walk home. ...another 15 minutes!

Cat.... if I can manage the punishment after all that I'll do it as soon as I get home. ...if I'm knackered I'll do it first thing in the morning!

Change of plan. ... I've booked on to aqua aerobics at 7 so going to leave my house at 5.45 and walk up there (15 minutes ) , then do 45 minutes on the treadmill, then do aqua (1 hour) then walk home. ...another 15 minutes! Cat.... if I can manage the punishment after all that I'll do it as soon as I get home. ...if I'm knackered I'll do it first thing in the morning!

Good girl :)

It was bloody lovely! Getting ready to leave for my 2 hours of punishment. ...I have a feeling I'll hurt tomorrow! !!!

Back