I'm back and ready to lose a stone for Xmas :-)

Hi Lovehate

Well nice to know a bit more about you. I'm about to turn 41 but that is about all we have in common as I don't have any kids and I weigh about 4 stone more than you (although I also have 5 inches on you). I guess the only other thing we have in common is that I spend a lot of my life dashing madly around trying to fit too much in (I manage a big glass office block in Birmingham with very demanding tenants, have a horse, play roller derby, have a pt, slimming world, I'm training for another 5k etc). I definitely find eating properly helps me to do that as I have so much more energy, but like you it also sometimes leads to being too busy or tired to plan /cook properly.

I have a friend who also suffers from hypermobility although I don't know a huge amount about it, she had to give up playing roller derby because of it

Are you able to swim if other activities cause flare ups? I love swimming although I tend not to go often as I can go for a run in the time it takes me to get to the pool!

Anyway, my advise to you is keep at it. We are all in this for the long game and one blip is just that, a blip. You will come out the other side. I had a blip that lasted from Christmas to the end of Feb but I'm still here and doing well again.

I'm still trying to make up for the weekend. I had about 35 syns a day for 3 days which is basically a weeks worth in 3 days so now madly trying to make up for it. Scales seem to be staying the same at the mo and I really want to turn this into a loss before weigh in on Thursday as my consultant (who is also a friend from Roller derby) is leaving SW due to other work commitments and I really want to have a good loss for her last week.

I did an SP day yesterday which for non SW folk means eating lots of veg and protein to boost weight loss. I'm going slightly off plan today to do a very lo call day as that usually gives me a boost.

Well after an sts 2 weeks ago, half on last week - I lost 4 pounds off this week - chuffed of course but puzzled cos I've been trying hard and doing similar things food and exercise wise since I restarted SW classes. Good luck to u all at ur WI x

Thanks Ponytales - sounds like you are mad busy too! If I had another 5 inches I'd be fine!! I know I'm going to have to find a way of liking swimming but need to learn how to swim with my face in the water as I keep getting cramp in my neck and shoulders! I loved running and love weights - and hate not being able to do what I want to!! I think I need a diet that tells me what to eat for a while to get me back in the zone. When I crash I go backwards rather than crash and just sts - so maybe that's my next goal (after eating my yummy tea with pudding that I shouldn't be having!)

I think the cramp in neck and back pain from keeping your head above the water gets easier with time. ...I used to struggle with 30 minutes but as I've lost weight I don't get the pain anymore. ...I can't put my head under as I wear contacts and can't see a thing without them! !!!

Have you thought about taking some adult swimming lessons Lovehate? Might be worth a try?

I have no problem swimming. I used to swim for a club when I was younger and we trained 6 days a week. I guess that's where I got my bad eating habits as I could get away with eating what I liked. I gave it up when I was 16 and got a part time job and started missing training more and more.

Going back to the diet thing, I can't say enough good things about slimming world. It's easy to understand and follow once you have the basics and you can literally snack all day. Because it's basically a sensible healthy eating plan you can still have a life around it and stick to it long term and keep the weight off

Oh and Bex - what you need is prescription goggles ☺

One and a half for me last night, so got my stone award since joining group.

Got a tough weekend away this weekend with family and there will be lots of wine and cake. I shall have some wine but must avoid cake!!

Got a tough weekend away this weekend with family and there will be lots of wine and cake. I shall have some wine but must avoid cake!!

Well done!

I'm away this weekend too so not going to count calories. ...I'm going to avoid alcohol though to limit my intake!

Have a fab holiday x

Enjoy ur break and good idea to be selective about ur treats! x

well done on ur loss - ur 'recovery' plan worked really well! Do u what u can whilst ur away and enjoy!

Last edited:
Good work up down. 4lb is great. Maybe you are just more focused being back at class☺

Thanks - I think I am more focussed now I'm back at the classes and happy with the total loss - just a bit irregular!

Last edited:
Well done for your losses. I'm on the edge of getting back on track!
thx - hope u can get back on track soon - think we all feel better when we are don't we? Keep posting!

4.7k walk - buying a juicer for a 5 day juice challenge and my husband is under strict instructions to get me to pilates this week!!

Step away from the cream egg!

Well, just been on the scales. Appear to have put on 3lb over the weekend and I have 3 days to lose it again before weigh in. Oops.

I was quite naughty having simnel cake (a very small slice on three occasions ), several pints of beer, quite a bit of wine, a roast dinner, cheese and biscuits etc but I also held back on easter eggs, millionaire shortbread, brownies, etc and I went running, did tons of walking, went cycling. My pedometer measured me at over 25000 steps Saturday and Sunday so I thought that would help with the naughtiness.

Back on it today and I think it's a good idea to try and go for a less than 800 cal day.

Hope you are all okay and haven't been as bad as me this weekend. ....

Back