I'm back and ready to lose a stone for Xmas :-)

I lost 0.4lbs this morning - I would be disappointed with this if I'd been on plan but considering I had three meals out and was expecting a gain I'm over the moon with this!!!

100% back on the wagon now and back in the gym so hopefully I'll lose a little bit more next week! :fingerscrossed:

struggling with motivation for excersise at the moment. ...I have absolutely no energy. ... Think its the knock on of going back to work after 2 weeks off!

managing to stay on plan with calories though so will hopefully see a good loss this week :)

Im on a real downer today :-(

My cat is very poorly. He is very old and has has a fab life but I'm not sure he has much longer left in him and we might have to make a difficult decision. It's been so awful worrying about him for the past few days and trying to decide what to do for the best. He's due to go back to the vet tomorrow so I will have to see how he is then.

I'm also stressing as I have the equine vet back out to my horse today to reassess after a steriod injection to try and resolve her ongoing lameness, plus my sister in law is having a back operation on Wednesday.

Plus I found out a good friend had lost her lovely little dog who has been ill for ages last week.

Everything I watched on TV at the weekend seemed to be death and doom and gloom - has anyone been watching Walking the Nile? I had saved the first episode from last week as it's on at the same time as Last Tango in Halifax and remembered yesterday I hadn't watched it yet, so decided to catch up on it yesterday afternoon. It was quite upsetting and I can't get it off my mind.

After watching that I didn't sleep at all well, and was disturbed by peculiar dreams.

Today I just feel shattered and depressed. I'm so tempted to go and get a massive piece of cake to cheer myself up, but I know I would just feel worse afterwards.

I need to get a grip!

Ponytales you are having a really tough time, eating cake will only add too it I promise you. I watched walking the nile and couldnt stop crying. Stay strong will be thinking of you tomorrow

Thanks mumof1.

I managed to to resist the cake and had good news about my horse who trotted up sound tonight after her steriod injection last week.

The cat is still poorly but OH and I have decided he still has a reasonable quality of life so we are not ready to say goodbye just yet so will discuss our options with the vet.

Im gonna try and get an early night and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow :)

hi all,

sorry to hear your news ponytales, hopefully things will improve soon. As for eating cake I totally agree that you are better to resist. .. Although i'm hardly one to talk after the last couple of days, I've stayed within my calories but I've had cream cakes the last two days! I'm dreading this week's weigh in. ... totally struggling with discipline at the mo!

I find it's really hard to get back on track after being naughty. Being on plan seems to make staying on plan so much easier. I guess it's the habit forming thing.

i have managed to lose 2lb of my Christmas weight which gives me 3 weeks to lose 9lb before holiday. A tall order but still doable. I'm planning on upping my exercise and doing a couple of 600 cal days to boost my weight loss.

Has anybody been watching the "what diet is best for you" thing on BBC2? Very interesting and worth a catch up on iplayer. I took their test and it tells me I'm a constant craver so a few days of very low cal should suit me according to them.

I agree with getting back on it. ...I think if you cut everything out is easy to say no but if you have one is easy to have 2!

I have upped my exercise too... aiming for 100 days of a minimum of 30 minutes per day. .. I'm hoping this will help with toning as well as losing!

I'm not keen on low cal days as find I binge the next day, hope you get on well with it x

I tend to be about three weeks behind everyone else with tv.... last night I watched the first silent witness that was on the other week so I have three to catch up on now! !!

H all, Jules suggested that I come over and join you all here so let me introduce myself.
I'm Lisa and I'm 29, been a real starter and restarter over the last few years, have had my weight up and down, at the moment its up and I'm determined to do something about it!

I currently weigh 14st 4lb which is way over the top for me, I used to be only 9st. I've come here for support and to give support also, I am using simple calorie control as well as exercise daily as its always worked best for me in the past.

I do 30mins on the Wii at lunch time with exercises such as hula hoop, boxing and the muscle exercises. That is my 30 mins of lighter exercise. I then do 30-45 mins, depending on how strong I feel, doing a barbell workout called Pump FX, it's great and helps me lose quickly.

Im looking forward to being part of the group and starting this journey yet again, I really am going to do it this time, enough is enough!

hi Lisa,

nice to have you here :)

I've battled with my weight for years too as I've never had the motivation to keep going. ... something seems to have clicked with me for the first time ever and I've managed to stick with it more or less since the end of August!

It can be so hard to face the battle of losing weight but you're in the right place!

I love that your exercising daily and calorie counting I think works well ... It deffo has for me!

We're all here for support/advice etc and we're all in the same boat ... It's nice to have someone who understands the struggles on difficult days x

Welcome lisa, this is a great supportive group, I have nearly 60lbs to lose which would put me at my lowest weight since I was in my 20's, i too like to exercise I currently do spin class twice a week, running twice a week, and try to do weights twice a week. I am currently training for the leeds half marathon. I do the herbalife plan which is working for me, I have tried everything, ponytales, I have been watching that horizon programme it says I am an emotional eater which I agree with but the sw plan did not work for me at all when I tried it and I find this forum better than going to a meeting to be humiliated.

Thanks Becky & Mumof1, well done to both of you on your losses, that's great...the only way is DOWN for our weight eh?! Sounds like you are both working hard and Mumof1...doing a marathon?! You're fitter than me! :eek: Brilliant!

I just had to order a new Nunchuck for my Wii as the old one has broken. The Hula Hooping, boxing and muscle exercises on the Wii helped me lose a 2 stone 3 years ago. Unfortunately I've put another 1 stone back on. But when I combine the Wii workouts with my barbell I am sure it will drop off....with the diet as well of course. I know some people say the Wii isn't good for weight loss but it works for me and it's not the only thing I do. I try to do the Barbell workout 6 days a week.

I have a soup maker and intend on making myself healthy soups for lunch...are there any recipes on here do you know?

Hi gang, Hi Lisa - glad you came over

How are we all doing? I'm feeling pleased with myself today as I am wearing a pair of trousers to work that were too tight only a month or so ago. I have upped my exercise with my personal trainer and although I'm still 4lb heaveier than before Christmas I have lost inches through exercise and these trousers are a perfect fit now. I have also noticed some toning to my legs :)

hi :)

today was weigh day for me. ...1.6lbs off which takes me to a total of 46 and 10 off my next target!

I'm really pleased. .. Although at the same time a little disappointed as I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday that showed a bigger loss!

I'm determined to stay off the scales til next Thursday now!

You must be gaining muscle ponytales which is great :)

I'm doing more regular exercise now so I expect this might have an impact on my losses. ... I'm aiming to get into size 12 jeans though so whatever gets me there quickest well suit me fine! !!!

Hi everyone so no weight loss this week and no changes in measurements or body fat despite everything, however on a good note I had to get a coat one size smaller which I am happy with and I am 2 weeks away from completing my first 10k of the year. Uber strict diet starts tomorrow no excuses and tomorrow means friday 16th january 2015. Onwards and upwards I say. Oh and lisa I am only doing a half marathon dont think I have a marathon in me!

Hi everyone so no weight loss this week and no changes in measurements or body fat despite everything, however on a good note I had to get a coat one size smaller which I am happy with and I am 2 weeks away from completing my first 10k of the year. Uber strict diet starts tomorrow no excuses and tomorrow means friday 16th january 2015. Onwards and upwards I say. Oh and lisa I am only doing a half marathon dont think I have a marathon in me!

on a positive note though a sts beats a gain any day so well done :)

fantastic that you are doing so well with your running. ... I still haven't made it to 5k yet so am in awe of your 10k and half marathon x

I expect you'll see more losses next week, I'm glad you're not on a downer because of no loss this week, you still sound positive about it. Well done on the coat size too, always feels good to do that!
And can I just say ONLY a half marathon?! I couldn't even do that! :p

Well, the inches are certainly going aren't they? Sometimes the weight loss takes a back seat to catch up with the shrinking skin. If it didn't, and we went on dropping the weight off, we'd have to gather up the slack skin and tie it in a knot on top of our heads:eek:

Back