I'm back and ready to lose a stone for Xmas :-)

Heading to the airport in a couple of hours. Dreading weighing in when I get home :-0

oooh.... exciting, have a fab time, don't worry about the scales until you get home x

At least you got back on them!

I'm about 9 and a half down since Christmas so not far off my 4 stone goal now! I don't know where I'm going to end up with it as finding the diet easy and don't think I could eat more than I am! starting weight training tomorrow so I'm expecting my losses to slow down but that my body will start to firm up :)

Okay, so I''ve pretty much had two months off but phew only put 3lb on ( it could have been so much worse).

There are 6 full weeks before Christmas and I'm determined to go for it and shift a stone before then.

I'm upping the exercise and getting back on the diet wagon.

6 weeks will be gone in a flash right?

Anyone with me?

Hi - I've just read your lovely thread from the beginning to the last post. It's really inspired me - you're all doing so well.

I've been messing about for too long - I'm still carrying a few pounds from last August's holiday gain!!! We're off to London for a break on Monday but if you'll have me - I'd like to join you and get to my goal in 10 weeks by sticking to my diet (for a change) and upping my currently slapdash exercise regime.

Welcome upndown we are all here to support each other. What eating plan are you following? Do you like exercising?

Welcome upndown we are all here to support each other. What eating plan are you following? Do you like exercising?

Thank you Mumof1 - I'm doing Slimming World (sort of!)

Yes I do like exercising - I like walking and cycling on cycle paths - too much of a scaredy cat to go on the roads - we live on near a section of the Wales Coast Path which is pretty flat locally - so good for my kind of cycling! Being Wales we're not far from hills for more strenuous walks!

At my heaviest I was 14 stone - in desperation I had a personal trainer at home for a while to help a couple of years ago - so I have a few workouts and dvds that I do - but lately I've been true to my username!

I'm looking forward to joining you - ur all doing so well - it's really motivating! xx

hi up, welcome to our little group x

Thank u - raring to go - just about to do a 30 min workout and as it's such a nice day think we'll go for a walk later. Hopefully food will be on plan too. Not sure how good I'll be in London tho'!

Hope u enjoy ur weekend x

Thank u - raring to go - just about to do a 30 min workout and as it's such a nice day think we'll go for a walk later. Hopefully food will be on plan too. Not sure how good I'll be in London tho'!

Hope u enjoy ur weekend x

I went to London at Christmas, had a big breakfast then lots of walking, avoided snacks throughout the day and then a big dinner. .... The amount of walking you'll do down there will earn you extra calories for eating x

I'm enjoying a long weekend this weekend as had some holiday to use up, taking my daughter on a shopping spree tomorrow now that I can fit in smaller clothes :-D

enjoy your workout x

I went to London at Christmas, had a big breakfast then lots of walking, avoided snacks throughout the day and then a big dinner. .... The amount of walking you'll do down there will earn you extra calories for eating x

I'm enjoying a long weekend this weekend as had some holiday to use up, taking my daughter on a shopping spree tomorrow now that I can fit in smaller clothes :-D

enjoy your workout x

Enjoy ur retail therapy - fab to be buying smaller sizes :). Yes thx I always enjoy and benefit from a workout - so why am I so inconsistent? ;)

Really hoping not to go overboard on food whilst we're away - will try to follow ur suggestions and as u say at least the walking will be a plus!x

Heading to the airport in a couple of hours. Dreading weighing in when I get home :-0

Now look 'ere pony. What is the point of booking a break away, looking forward to it, and then calorie counting every bit of food you see? Have a blow out, eat drink and be merry. You will come back relaxed, refreshed and ready to zonk those few gained pounds. Much better than coming back feeling you haven't been away

When I was in Jersey a bit back, I had Jersey cream with everything. I explained this lapse thus: It seemed very churlish and bad mannered not to eat the cream when they had gone to the trouble of milking the cows.... Virtuous sinner eh?

Oh dear. I just seem to have been messing about too since Christmas - been a bit upndown ;-)

After getting back from holiday a few days ago holiday I weigh about the same as I did just after Christmas again :-( I got back on the treadmill and did a 10 minute mile this morning and started a kettlebell workout to follow on but gave up after clonking the dog around the head with an 8kg kettlebell :-0.. luckily she didn't seem any the worse for wear but I was panicking that I had cracked her skull!

Anyway, I have a 5K run in a few weeks so need to get back on the training plan ASAP and stop messing about. I just don't seem to be able to stay on the wagon at the moment. I was breezing it before Christmas and now I can't get my head in gear.

I've ben doing slimming world alone, but think it's tie to join a group. I have a friend who runs a group so migt chat to her about joining when I see her on Wednesday.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing okay..puts me to shame!

Oh dear. I just seem to have been messing about too since Christmas - been a bit upndown ;-)

After getting back from holiday a few days ago holiday I weigh about the same as I did just after Christmas again :-( I got back on the treadmill and did a 10 minute mile this morning and started a kettlebell workout to follow on but gave up after clonking the dog around the head with an 8kg kettlebell :-0.. luckily she didn't seem any the worse for wear but I was panicking that I had cracked her skull!

Anyway, I have a 5K run in a few weeks so need to get back on the training plan ASAP and stop messing about. I just don't seem to be able to stay on the wagon at the moment. I was breezing it before Christmas and now I can't get my head in gear.

I've ben doing slimming world alone, but think it's tie to join a group. I have a friend who runs a group so migt chat to her about joining when I see her on Wednesday.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing okay..puts me to shame!

Yes know exactly where ur coming from - hope if u decide to join ur friend's SW class - that provides motivation to get u back on track.

Glad the dog is none the worse for wear! Don't think all's lost whilst ur exercising either!!xx

Life gets in the way and everyone has ups and downs dont worry about it, I say if you can lose the weight albeit slowly and enjoy life then you are more likely to keep it off. Look how well you have done, me and my friend have started a daily declaration diet where we text each other with what we have eaten and agreed to be honest, try that before paying weekly to get weighed?

Back from our break - reckon I was 2 days on plan and 2 off! Lots of walking too.

Back on plan this morning - didn't weigh in case that set me off on a binge - done 30 mins exercise.

Hope everyone is ok? xx

Last edited:
Back from our break - reckon I was 2 days on plan and 2 off! Lots of walking too.

Back on plan this morning - didn't weigh in that set me off on a binge - done 30 mins exercise.

Hope everyone is ok? xx

Hope you had a good time, 2 on and 2 off is good, it could easily have been 4 off x

Hope you had a good time, 2 on and 2 off is good, it could easily have been 4 off x
Thx we had a great time - back on plan today - so far anyway! How are u doing? xx

I'm good thanks, still chasing my 4st but I'm sure I'll get there soon enough! Today was pay day so we all go to the pub for lunch, my treat for the week

I'm good thanks, still chasing my 4st but I'm sure I'll get there soon enough! Today was pay day so we all go to the pub for lunch, my treat for the week 

You're doing really well - I think we all need a break from strict eating plans - hope you enjoyed lunch? x

Back