*I'M BACK + BIG UPDATE* - My Story (16st gone + pics!!)

Great going mate, congrats.

Wow! Well done you, what an achievement :D

So glad the conference went well! Not surprisingly though as look at how much u have achieved!!! Such a total inspiration!!! What another massive mile stone though talking in front of all of those professionals!!! I can only imagine the buzz u got from up!! Xx

Amazing achievement, you look great congrats!!

That's an incredible story, well done.

Wow! What a huge huge difference, well done. You have worked so hard and managed to keep yourself motivated and the results are incredible.

Best of luck with maintaining for the year, not that you'll need it!!

Fantastic, how well done is that, good for you mate, what a great story and set of pics. Big hand clap here mate.

wow cookie your a complete star :D
I am at the start of that same journey and you have motivated me brilliantly

congratulations i have no doubt you will get to your goal xxxx

Thank you all, your comments are great :)

Still managing to shed the odd pound here and there. I've dropped 2 pounds again and i'm down to 16st 3llb :)

Another 5llbs and it's exactly 15 stone lost.

To broadsbean, i'm sure you will achieve your goal(s). I've said it before to others but if i can do it, anyone can. Motivation and patience are your friend to name a few :)

Thank You again

Cookie

Well done mate, keep it up :)

Wow you really are an inspiration! I need to lose about 13 stone!
How long has it taken you to lose the weight?
I have been doing the diet for a week now (got weighed this morning, lost 11.5 lbs)
You are a true role model!

Wow you really are an inspiration! I need to lose about 13 stone!
How long has it taken you to lose the weight?
I have been doing the diet for a week now (got weighed this morning, lost 11.5 lbs)
You are a true role model!

Thank You :D

It has taken me 17(ish) months. I started in September 2010 and for 13-14 months of that i managed to average a loss of about a stone of month. It has obviously slowed down alot now but i'm not far off getting to my goal. I'm also doing weights etc so hopefully i'm putting a bit of muscle on which obviously weighs more than fat!!!

And wow on loosing nearly 12llbs in a week, keep that up and you'll catch me up in no time :D

Wow 17 months isnt long at all to say how much you have lost! I'm really impressed!
I am hoping to go to some fitness classes when my confidence has improved :)

Wow 17 months isnt long at all to say how much you have lost! I'm really impressed!
I am hoping to go to some fitness classes when my confidence has improved :)

Thank you,

The confidence will come, believe me. When i first started i thought i would never go a gym or employ a personal trainer and i have now done both. I go the gym at least 2-3 times a week and it's great.

Take your time though, don't rush into something you don't want to do. The time will come.

Cookie

OMGoodness! Amazing! Well done!!

Oh my dayz!!! :eek: Well done hun :D :happy096: :clap:
Jackie xx

Thank you both.

I have now lost 15 stone exactly :) I got on the scales this morning and it said 15st 12llb. Hooray.

After 17-18 months of dieting and working my ass off exercising i am now half the man i used to be :D

Going to see the Dr today and tell him where i'm at and ask for his advice as to whether or not i need to lose more, or is that it now and i should stop, considering the possible weight i can account for with my loose skin.

Will let you know the outcome, and i will try and post some updated pictures.

Cookie

Update then:-

Went to see the Dr and he thinks i should try and concentrate on maintaining my current weight now as he thinks i have lost enough weight. He said i have "a considerable amount" of loose skin and i should now be patient and await the next referral for skin removal surgery.

I have to go and see him again at the end of march, and if i have not put any weight on, he will refer me again for the skin removal op.

Will try and post some updated pics, and if i'm confident enough i may post some pics of what skin currently looks like. If poeple can stomach it lol :)

Cookie

Good news that they will refer you, shame about the wait, but it's a step in the right direction.

If you are up for it I'd love to see some pics as I know my skin is bad now but will be even worse at goal weight.

Again massive congrats.

Good news that they will refer you, shame about the wait, but it's a step in the right direction.

If you are up for it I'd love to see some pics as I know my skin is bad now but will be even worse at goal weight.

Again massive congrats.

Thank you, and i've bit the bullet and decided to upload some photo's of my loose skin!!!

As you can see there is quite a bit, and when lifted up i actually look pretty thin, and that is what the GP commented on and then asked me to try and maintain my weight. I've got more than what is on the photo's as well, i've got some that is under the boxer shorts and on my legs as well :(

I've also added a photo with a shirt on :D

5-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

20120210_111219.jpg

Cookie

Nice one on posting the pics, it's shocking really what we do to our self over the years, think mine will be worse if anything but it's better to have it loose than full of fat! Hope they hurry up and help you as it's very expensive to get private. Like I said at the start of my journey I'll be glad when I have my loose skin as it means I will be at goal :)

Have a good day mate.

Good job man. I'm looking forward to the loose skin, in terms of the fact i know the fat will be gone - the loose skin will be solved with an operation - whilst it's not ideal, i'm more than happy to wait for it as it will be the finishing product to the 'new me'.

Well done mate, i wish i had some photo's that showed my "Apron" back then, if you're lucky like me it may just go of it's own accord. One thing i have never managed to shift though is my moobs :(

Well done mate, i wish i had some photo's that showed my "Apron" back then, if you're lucky like me it may just go of it's own accord. One thing i have never managed to shift though is my moobs :(

I'm the other way around strangly enough. I'm doing loads of exercises with weights at the gym and my moobs are slowly going down, along with my "bingo wings" but the stomach etc just doesn't seem to moving.

Maybe it's just too far gone, or it's just going to take alot longer, which hopefully won't be an issue come March / April time.

Cookie

Hi cookie, thanks for posting the skin photos - think that being realistic that we may have excess skin after big loss is important. These are the scars of a fabulous victory:). Well done again

Maybe I should try doing reps with weights then mate, but I'm far too lazy for that LOL :)

Back