*I'M BACK + BIG UPDATE* - My Story (16st gone + pics!!)

Hey Cookie,

Thanks for posting your journey. You have done amazing! And thanks for posting the pics of loose skin - its like the 'unspoken' thing when losing weight!

I started three months ago and have almost lost 2stone. Its coming off slowly but I guess that's the best way as its taken me 25 years to get this big!

I've done okay up until about three weeks ago when my parents came to stay for a month (they live in Yorkshire - I live in Wales) and they want to go out for lunch and nice meals etc, so I've had to put my foot down and start again properly this week - but good news I've already lost 3lbs this week on my own scales!

I have to say that I don't think I would have stuck to it had I not found this forum. I keep going by checking in with the lovely peeps on here and sharing stories and tips.

Anyway enough rambling - huge congrats on your achievement - I hope your op comes through soon and I look forward to seeing the 'after' pics!! :D

Emms xx

Hey Cookie,

Thanks for posting your journey. You have done amazing! And thanks for posting the pics of loose skin - its like the 'unspoken' thing when losing weight!

I started three months ago and have almost lost 2stone. Its coming off slowly but I guess that's the best way as its taken me 25 years to get this big!

I've done okay up until about three weeks ago when my parents came to stay for a month (they live in Yorkshire - I live in Wales) and they want to go out for lunch and nice meals etc, so I've had to put my foot down and start again properly this week - but good news I've already lost 3lbs this week on my own scales!

I have to say that I don't think I would have stuck to it had I not found this forum. I keep going by checking in with the lovely peeps on here and sharing stories and tips.

Anyway enough rambling - huge congrats on your achievement - I hope your op comes through soon and I look forward to seeing the 'after' pics!! :D

Emms xx

Thank you, and you seem to being going amazingly well.

Well done :)

Yeah the showing of loose skin seems to be no no, i can understand why as i nearly didn't do it because of the "embaressment" factor, but it is what it is and i got myself into the mess of being 30st and this is the aftermath so to speak after losing it all.

Cookie

Wow that's fantastic. I'm just starting on my weight loss journey.

Thank You,

How are you going now? I hope you have great success. You've come to the right place with this website for motivation, tips and advice :)

I'm still trying to find a balance of eating the right amount / the right foods and levels of exercise to try and stay roughly the same weight. At the moment i am still slowly losing weight. I am now 15st 10llbs which is great, but i'm trying to take my GP's advice to maintain, but hey another few pounds can't hurt :D

Cookie

You look amazing!! well done :) xx

You look amazing!! well done :) xx

Thank You :D

Another Quick update - really big milestone for me this week. I'm now 15st 6llb which means i've lost 15st 6llb - exactly half the man i used to be :D

Also 2 and a bit weeks until my next GP appointment to be referred for skin removal op. Let's see what happens this time hey and hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky!!

Thanks to Everyone again, this is great forum :)

Cookie

Amazing
well done you are truly inspirational

kaz:)

Nice one mate, massive achivment, bet you feel on top of the world, hoping the drs goes well.

You've made me feel like i really can do it :) Thank you.

I have 10 stone to lose, and hearing stories like yours just show me that its possible. You've done amazing!! xx

Wow - 50 %. That's amazing:D

Well done cookie mate

Hey OMG well done and how handsome you are :) I really hope the docs refer you I can't see any reason why they won't. You're very brave and an inspiration for showing your loose skin piccies. Good luck at the next docs appointment xx

You've made me feel like i really can do it :) Thank you.

I have 10 stone to lose, and hearing stories like yours just show me that its possible. You've done amazing!! xx

Thank you so much :)

I've said it before to others - If I can do it anyone can. I had been overweight all my life, and the majority of that was morbidly obese. I thought i was going to be like that all my life and had effectively given up. Then the final straw was the holiday i talked about in my original post and it just clicked in my head and i've never looked back.

I'm not talking for everyone but from my experience, it's about patience, getting through the down times i.e. not losing weight after working your ass off (you will have them), keeping up with the motivation, and every once in a while letting yourself have treat but not falling off the wagon so to speak.

Let me know if i can help more :D

Cookie

Hey OMG well done and how handsome you are :) I really hope the docs refer you I can't see any reason why they won't. You're very brave and an inspiration for showing your loose skin piccies. Good luck at the next docs appointment xx

Thank You :D - It's not very often i get called handsome, especially before the weight loss!!

I know not many people show the loose skin pics and i can understand why as i almost didn't. But it is what it is, and is the aftermath of being so overweight. It also shows people what it's like for us that have lost alot of weight.

No amount of exercise is going to get rid of it 100% and we need help to get rid of it!!!

Cookie

Enjoy the plaudits mate, re ur journey to date, u surely have earned them. Hopefully the loose skin help will come asap for you. But well well done, inner strength knows no bounds

You are a true inspiration!

Loved reading your story, well done love the 50% comment!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back