I'm BACK for more slimming :-)

Managed a total solutions day yesterday nd so far today have had my shake and bar. Saving my soup for start of night shift and will take an extra soup or shake as I have a 13 hour shift to do!

The worse thing about nights is all the snacks people bring in and all the gifts of sweet stuff we get given. But I will resist :D

Managed my night shift - too busy to eat! LOL! :D
Got up at 2pm had a bar so far, will have the other two meals later, hope to get to the gym if my post night shift headache goes away.

Well done getting through your nightshift! Busy-ness really does help get through tricky times, huh? I have had a manic day so far and only had one shake (yuck!), but things are slowing down now and I am getting really really hungry! Just got to hold out for another couple of hours until I can get home to attempt a soup :)

Hope your headache gets better pronto!

A x

Cheers Anna :D

My next hurdle is my trip to China in 11 days. I will be eating as its all inclusive and we are travelling around a lot. At least I am going 2 stones lighter than I was back in June and will be straight back on it once home. I am considering taking some shakes and bars with me for breakfast and lunch and just having the evening meal with the group. Not sure if I am allowed to take the packs on a plane though? :confused:

Oooh and last night the first 3 people who saw me, dropped their jaw to the floor, said how good I looked and asked how I had lost so much weight!! :D Wooooo Hoooo!

Yes I think I will take a shake for breakfast as its going to be continental which means loads of the evil carbs :mad: Then maybe a bar for lunch most days as its a packed lunch each today chinese style :confused:

Then I will enjoy the evening meal with the others but will try to go easy on the rice and noodles. Does that sound OK as a plan?

Ok so after eating ONLY packs all week apart from one BBQ meal last Sunday. I have lost the measly sum of 1lb as of this morning :cry: (official weigh in day is tomorrow)

This coupled with my husband informing me that he had had a bad day at work and would be having wine and nibbles tonight led me straight off the path. I joined him with doritos and dips and red wine :eek: :break_diet:

I am honestly so pissed off that I have eaten these tiny calories all week and last week I only lost 3lb and everyone said oh you'll have a big loss next week and all I lost was 1lb!
Why is this happening, my hubby loses 4lb+ every week with LL apart from one small loss week.

I have even been to the gym 3 times :confused:
Off to Bodypump tomorrow and back on the wagon till Friday as a new box of Exante came today, but I don't have much hope. Maybe this just doesnt work for me :mad:

Totm? Water retention? Susie get back on the wagon! Everyone can lose weight with this diet. You cannot eat 600cals a day and not lose weight. Just keep eating the packs and drinking the water it will come off. If you do that you will lose an average of a stone a month.

When I feel I am wavering and I have several times this week I just think to myself that I am on a cart to a certain destination, it may go quickly or slowly, stop or go in reverse but eventually it will start galloping in the right direction again! I know my reaction too many times has been to have a gain or no loss and give up, only to put the weight back on. The key is to stay on the wagon until it gets there. A vlcd is the fastest way to get there. When I lost it before I lost alb one week and 8 the next, I suppose the woosh fairy was on her tea break

Don't beat yourself up, we all have ups and downs, big losses then none. Don't let your disappointment lead you to undo yr good work. You have not failed, this is not an all or nothing contest. Get back on the wagon

I feel your pain honestly. Thats a big part of why i get disheartened is small losses but what we need to remember is we wouldnt have any loss at all if we werent doing this. Its taken me a while to get my mind thinking like that tho....its hard work this diet, and if you dotn feel you are being rewarded enough in terms of weight loss it can be tough to stick at it. Chin up huni....your losing steadily xxx

maybe the exercise might be playing a part in the losses? sometimes muscle gain? or using up too much muscle as too much cardio? be wary of cardio work also, try to stick to toning and weights, which help to boost metabolism. try not to be to hard on your body, being to severe and working bout to hard may have the opposite effect than that which you wish to achieve, by putting your body into a shock reaction. It is already working hard to adapt to the calorie intake.
i would suggest maybe taking a tape measure to yourself and looking for changes that way.

Last edited:
Yamabe has written some good threads on this, but the jist is...

We are all different and our bodies are unique so what works for one person may be a total disaster for someone else, but on a whole...

in regards to exercise..What actually happens is that because of your low calorie intake, when you exercise (particularly cardio stuff that gets you out of breath and sweaty) your body uses itself to provide the energy for it.

Although it burns fat, it also burns muscle. To replace this muscle you need lots of protein, and you're not getting it whilst on total solutions.

So if you exercise too much you lose muscle. Now the more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism runs as a general rule. So less muscle = slower metabolism, and of course slower metabolism = slower weightloss!

This is why to much exercise isn't recommended, especially cardio and especially when you are on exante total

Exante recommend abut 20 mins light exercise only.but Do the stretch and tone and strength stuff first, this will help you maintain your muscle rather than burn it. then maybe throw in.. ie Go for a walk. Go swimming maybe.

Yama has the wise ideas but this thread helps too:

(Benefits of Resistance training on a VLCD)http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/132363-benefits-resistance-training-vlcd.html

Thanks for this information it's a minefield out there! We have been doing BodyPump class which is a one hour workout with varying weights and lots of squats and lunges.

Then on another 2 days I do a gym programme of 70 minutes which incorporates treadmill, cross trainer and resistance weights. I thought it would help increase my metabolism and tone up my flab! My husband is concerned that he will end up with all saggy skin which is why we went back to the gym.

I will reduce what I am doing and see if it helps. Thank you everyone for your input its much appreciated :)

S x

Well so far this week the scales seem to be dropping slightly. 2lb so far, weigh in day is Saturday so will do a final weight then.

I only have 2 more days to do Exante as I am going out for a goodbye meal with my hubby on Friday as I will be going away to China for 2 weeks on Saturday. We are going to FISH in Borough Market London, which is a lovely place and I am going to eat and drink lots of wine so ner-ner!

Then I go away the next day, 12 hour flight and a very busy 2 weeks where I will not be doing Exante although I may take some shakes for breakfast as I don't fancy all those carbs now that I haven't eaten bread for nearly a whole month!

This week has been fine, despite really busy long shifts at work, in fact it's been so busy I haven't had chance to think about food. Although when I got home at 9pm last night I cried as I was so hungry and couldn't find my whisk or shaker! LOL!

I am really pleased I did Exante as it's taken another stone off my weight and the compliments are coming thick and fast now! I can't wait to lose another stone when I get back and buy some new clothes. At the moment my trousers are held up by belts and are swinging around my legs like clown trousers!

S x

Thanks Anna :)

Just wanted to wish you well and have a fab time in China :D

Back