I'm either very sad or very organised....

Wendyuk

I'm still in awe at all the yummy recipes you can get at SW online and especially on here! Even my teenages sons and hubby like them. So, I copied all the one's I like the look of and have copied the ingrediants onto a shopping list and as I've gone along have printed off the recipe and put it in a folder. Like I said I'm either very sad or very organised :D

Not sad... very organised!!

I have a folder of recipes I've either printed off here or the SW website, or have ripped out of the magazines. I also work out the syn values of recipes I like in the free Tescos magazine and stick those in the folder. But like you, I too write down the list of ingredietns on my shopping list - that way I KNOW I won't miss any!! lol

don't panic i done this too when i went on a baking craze a few weeks back

i have a black folder of all great sw recipes - its getting fuller since i found here!!!!

Ok I'll go for the organised then :D

hahahaha ..... what is sad is collecting loads of recipes from here etc and putting them in a nice black folder, then never bloomin trying any of them and eating the same things over and over! lol

I do this too - any time I spot a recipe I like the look of in whatever mag - Chat sometimes or shops own etc I work out the syns or MAKE IT synfree by adapting then put into one of two folders - I have one black one for untried/tested savoury meals and a pink folder for desserts. IF when I have tried them I want to do them again in the future then I copy the recipe into a notebook entitled "Tried and Tested". I have Saturdays as my main recipe day as more time to commit to it. Shopping lists and weekly menus are planned Monday ready for Tesco on Tuesday.
You are not alone - LOL

Jill

hahahaha ..... what is sad is collecting loads of recipes from here etc and putting them in a nice black folder, then never bloomin trying any of them and eating the same things over and over! lol

I was about to say the same thing!! LOL

We still have bloody spag bol at least twice a bleedin week!!!!!!!!!!!

How sad is this. I put my favourite recipes onto a Microsoft Access Database and synchronise it with my pocket pc mobile phone. On there I've got an application that lets me tick off each of the ingredients as I buy them when I'm out shopping.

I have a folder full of recipes but i love being organised. I do the same with all the ingredients for a shopping list too. I spend a day making loads whilst my OH is at football matches. Once ive tried them i make a 2nd folder and copy them in for my very disorganised friend who is also on SW. She's quite hard to cater for as she hates all veges (except peas) and all salad!!!!

PMSL! :D Glad I'm not alone! Jo I will almost certainly end up doing the same thing lol but at least you know their there if you need them. Now the pocket phone sychronisation thing? Not quite there yet! ;)

Well, I picked up a brilliant document pad thing in tesco the other day - for 20p may I hasten to add as it was in the clearance, anyway it has 4 different sections separated by dividers just so happens to be green, red and orange and I have been WRITING all of my recipes into it, mainly ones from here, now thats sad! LOL.

Well, I picked up a brilliant document pad thing in tesco the other day - for 20p may I hasten to add as it was in the clearance, anyway it has 4 different sections separated by dividers just so happens to be green, red and orange and I have been WRITING all of my recipes into it, mainly ones from here, now thats sad! LOL.

This sound brilliant!! Will have to nip to the tescos clearance bit and hope that mine has some!! lol do you happen to know how much it is full price as this is highly unlikely lol

I have 2 folders, 1 for main meals, the other for puddings, I put each recipe in syn value order - I seem to have lots of time on my hands at the moment. lol

So whenever I need inspiration I thumb through my folders.

I'd say I was organised!!! Not Sad ;)

Back