I'm growing my own healthy diet!

mollydog

Silver Member
This year i have really got into gardening. I've bought a greenhouse and i'm growing corn on the cob, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, peppers, chillies, basil and coriander. In the garden i've potatoes, beetroot, carrots and brocolli.
I'm really enjoying going out to look at them and seeing them grow. I've even been remembering to water and feed them regularly.
My cherry tomatoes are just starting to turn red now so should be ready fairly soon.
No excuse not to eat healthy when (if i ever) get to maintainence. Its really exciting!

Its great fun. I started last year with one of those little plastic greenhouses that only has a couple of shelves and less than 2ft square so didnt take up any space. I did some herbs and lettuce. My interest has grown from there.

sounds really good hun, you will get to goal and will have lots of yummy food to enjoy. My mum has a greenhouse and has a lot of the same things im no good well i like flowers and stuff thats about it though!

Growing your own veg is fab.
In our garden and greenhouse we have Potatoes, lettuce, beetroot, parsnips, spring and Spanish onions, butternut squash, green, yellow, cherry, black and beef tomatos, sweet peppers, chillies, cucumbers, courgettes and aubergines

Hubby takes care of that part, he goes up there for about an hour every day.

On the patio I am growing strawberries, basil, corriander, mint and dill

It's saving me loads of money! :D

we have a veg garden too, problem is i have a glut of tomatoes, peas, mange tout, peppers and other stuff I cant eat, it is absolute torture!

Have also started veg growing this summer for the first time. Mostly in containers and growbags as space is limited, but have some fantastic runner beans, strawberries, herbs of mant kinds, toms, cucumber and peppers.

Only problem is, I can't eat any of it!!! Shall freeze some of the beans though for later when I'm eating again. And next year, plan to do a lot more veg growing - part of a conscious decision to eat healthily. It's such fun too!

Sounds great - something I would like to do next year. Move over Alan Titchmarsh!

Gosh Suffolk Guy, I forgot i've got strawberries and a plum tree too.
Been out to check my tomatoes again and they def looking more red than this morning! Think i will have to make some salsa and chutney to preserve them until i can eat again.

we have a veg garden too, problem is i have a glut of tomatoes, peas, mange tout, peppers and other stuff I cant eat, it is absolute torture!

I know what you mean, I'm overloaded with tomatoes and courgettes so I've been making ratatouille to put in the freezer for when I can enjoy it again! No spoon licking allowed!

Back