Im in agony....

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by Starlight, 3 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You know that feeling when youve slept awkwardly and youve got a sore neck? Well I started noticing that last night, but its spread to my shoulders, back down as far as my shoulder blades and now my upper arms.

So much so I cant turn my head properly without turning my body round. God knows how Ill manage driving to work tonight...

Has anyone else ever had anything like this... any suggestions??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

Ooooh poor you.....:( Try Ibuprofen...... in fact I've just bought some as I've got a really stiff neck and all across the back of my shoulders too - mine is from slouching in bed reading a book mind....:rolleyes:

Take it easy and drive carefully chick....:)

Love

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Try the topical ibuprofen cream. You just rub it on and it works really well.

If you don't have that, the pills will help a lot.

It is very uncomfortable. Hope it gets better quick!

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i deal with this type of thing (and have experienced it myself) in my job. As you can't get a remedial massage right now, other things to try are:

apply heat (hotwater bottle, heat pack, cream) for 10mins. Followed by ice/icepack (if ice ensure you have it wrapped in something not directly applied to the area) and leave it on the area for no more than 15mins (this is important) you can then alternate the heat and the ice as often as you like through the evening/in the morning.

If you have epsom salts (not likely but you never know) then put a couple of handfuls in a hot bath and stay in the hot bath for minimum 15 mins (this is important, needs to be at least 15mins).

Take the ibuprofen/apply ibuprofen cream

This may bring some relief. Hopefully it does

If I lived near you, I'd come give you a massage.

6. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I've not got any better suggestions but just sending you hugs. Gentle hugs, don't want to make you hurt more :eek:

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks everyone. Have taken Ibuprofen for now, since Im working at 2200

Will try other things when I get in

Thanks *HUGS*

8. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Oh WW guru, how many points in an ibuprofen? Lol :D

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  10. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Gold Member

Diet:
    SW
    I tell you what i use because i get it all the time is this thing i get from the pharmacy in tesco's. Luckily my pharmacist is very helpful....what it is is a sachet for 50p and you rub it on your neck or anywhere you think you may need thawing out. Its called BIOFREEZE...its a pain relieving gel and its the pups nuts in my honest opinion. Its drug free too.

Ruthy xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.