My new Weapon of Mass Destruction!

gazter

needs to get a life
IMG_1398.jpg

Its a monstrous (to me) 12kg kettle bell. A couple of months into the kettlercise classes i go to, I started off on the 4kg moved up to after the first couple of weeks. This is much harder though.

I took it to a class and it wasted me within a few minutes. Kettlercise isnt just doing swings and snatches, there is a lot of upper body arm and shoulder stuff. Lifting 12kg really kills for that stuff.

So, I am going to ease myself into getting used to it. I can manage the basic swing and snatch moves with the bell, to be honest i could possibly cope with another 4kg. Its all very momentum based.

I carried out my second ever tabata exercise on it today. Follows the same principle that crossfit use.

Doing a one arm snatch (arms alternated with intervals) working as hard as you can for twenty second, and then ten seconds rest. Repeat until you reach eight repetitions (four minutes). Musnt flag, 100% of your effort for 100% of each of those twenty seconds.

You need to be dizzy and gasping for air at the end for it to work properly. If your not, next time do it harder.

I think i can do better next time. You record your progress by taking your lowest number of repetitions in any of the intervals, and that is your base line, with the intention to improve that number as you progress.

The four minute work out that burns and burns and burns.

Eeek mines only 5lb (2kg) and its killing me!

Dont worry, all other things being equal, men naturally have more muscle and not only that, they build new muscle much easier. If 2kgs is killing you, its the right weight!

You will probably find that the move to a four or six for the swings and snatches wont be much of a jump, the momentum going down and up propels you around and its all the leg and torso muscles that you are using to keep you stable that you dont even realise that are getting a strong workout.

Keep using the light one for the halos and the dead weights etc.

How long you being doing it?

I started on a 4kg, then moved up to a 5kg for ages, and I've just moved up to a 6kg...it seems soooo much heavier, lol! I still use my 5kg for some of the one-handed lifts as my wrists are a bit weak and prone to spraining.

There's one guy who was at our class last night who had a range of kettlebells from 8kg upwards...8kg, 12kg, 20kg and 24kg!!!!!! :eek::eek: Mental!!

I started on a 5kg at home, but at the gym it's 4kg then 8 kg The 4 is too light but the 8 is beyond me!
Anyway it's not the bell for me it's the squats, I have to dip instead as I can't walk for a week afterwards!

Back