I'm never doing a Red day again!

Ah the loo! Do you know what I remember not going to the loo AT ALL that whole week, I actually had to buy and take Benefibre to help. Now I have started back on the green everything seems back to normal. Its totm Sunday and already starting to feel a little bloated but I'm making sure I drink at least 1.5litres of water a day and that will help flush anything out. 5lbs is alot and thats why I was so confused and upset, I've done red days before in the historic past but I dont remember it affecting me like that?! But I suppose our bodies can change especially with the different diets I have tried in between SW.

I think it is not going to the loo that was the problem. When I first started sw and did not go and was showing a weight gain.

Hi girls! I am back and a bit lighter!

Great tip for red days if you dont eat meat is to just use quorn. I eat so much quorn now, I do two red days and two green, and sometimes even eat the same main bit of the meal for both (eg quorn toad in the hole) just varying the bits that go with it! Its a god send! xx

Quorn!! Oh god bless it! I live on Quorn and I really didnt have it whilst on a red day as i didnt really see the point as you can have the real thing? Anyway being back on green and much happier I have my favourite Chilli Con Quorn, yummy!! Plus I think it makes you regular toilet wise.

Talking about Quorn, has anyone got the new Quorn Kitchen cookbook, I ordered it and received it the other day, its excellent!! xx

I'm intolerant to quorn and any products with it in - I get violently sick for hours if I eat it - I tried quorn twice and twice had this dreadful sickness for hours ! Awful.

Quorn is the best invention ever! Sometimes I do wonder how it can still be free on a green day though considering its mostly protein? Or maybe I am just being silly!
I was tempted to get on the scales this morning to see if I had lost any of the 5lb gain but I was strong and resisted and am going to weight to my official weigh in Monday morning, my stomach churns just thinking about it! I must be honest though I do feel lighted compared to last week when I was doing Red days. Lets just hope its not in my head! Lol xx

I've never quite got why you would do a red day if you don't eat meat?

I think you do it if you feel you would benefit from limiting your carbs. Some people think they go a bit ott with pasta and potatoes sometimes on green so it's a way of reining things in a bit. I'm veggie and it never ocurred to me to do a red day until I read on here that people do it. I still haven't done it tbh, but wouldn't totally rule it out!

Totally agree with last post - I was wondering why people were so quick to shoot Esther's suggestion down! A veggie red day is a really good idea and I'm sure would be the most slimming of the lot

I'm still not sure I agree - what do you have for your free food bearing in mind meat and fish are unlimited on red? Also you are pretty restricted with B choices on red as in you can't have nuts, seeds, cheese etc as a B choice.

The whole point of SW is the free foods and not restricting ourselves too much.

I wasn't dismissing anyone's idea, I just don't quite see the logic behind it.

No-one has pointed out another point from one of the post about ALOT of walking - if this is increased from what you normally do you could see a gain from water retention too...

what do you have for your free food bearing in mind meat and fish are unlimited on red? Also you are pretty restricted with B choices on red as in you can't have nuts, seeds, cheese etc as a B choice.

Presumably the free quorn options and tofu? I can only speak personally but I wouldn't be bothered about nuts, seeds, cheese etc as I don't use them as 'b' choices anyway and if I was doing red I would probably use the choice on beans, potatoes etc anyway. I'm not that familiar with the ins and outs of red as I mentioned but I don't think it would be overly restrictive as a short term measure, but hey - each to their own!

I had a lovely piece of gammon for tea last night. It did taste like it was quite salty and I have gone up about 1.5 pounds. I have done nothing different and 100% on plan - I think this is water retention from salty food (I get it is I have chinese takeaways too).

Did the OP eat a lot of gammon/bacon I wonder?

Back