I'm New

FatmanSlimming

well not really, I'm old enough to know better.

Just found this forum while surfing t'net so I'll give a quick intro.

In June my Doc told me my blood reading was at a danger level for diabetes and I needed to lose weight etc. I weighed in at 119.5 kilos on his scale and he prescribed me some tablets, I think they were xenical, I never took 'em after reading about them and took 'em back to chemist.

July, follow up appointment, I told him about the tablets and he said if I'd lost less than half kilo I had to go on them, weighed in at 116 kilo...-3.5kgs:D.

I've to see him again in September but had to have a weigh in with nurse on 4th Aug...113kg...- another 3kgs :D

I'm not weighing myself 'till I go to docs again.

I miss my pies more than my ex wife

'I miss my pies more than my ex wife'

I actually laughed innapropriately loudly in my office at that.. :D
Good luck on your pie-free journey!

Actually your doctor can't force you to take them if you don't want to. It is your body, your choice. Other options are available. What's right for your doctor isn't necessarily right for you.

I have this thing about being used for statistic purposes by my doctor lol.

Hi and welcome. What was it you didn't like about xenical? I took them for a few months and we have many successful takers of it on here.

Good luck.

Irene xx

Hi Irene, It was the side effects I didn't fancy. The doctor had warned me and I looked them up. I know it links to how much fat you eat but I didn't fancy any sudden oily blowouts.
Volcanos were invented for sudden smelly eruptions

lol at the sudden oily blowouts... that's exactly why I stopped taking them :)
Welcome to the site from another newbie :)

Thank you cupcakes and welcome to you too.
It was the phrase "without warning" that decided it for me

Back