I'm obese!!

I couldn't believe it when he came thru & asked me to look at it!! Bless him.. he has a little tummy but that boy doesn't stop!!

BMI is not a good indicator in my opinion, My BMI is 24.1 and that is considered overweight, but I'm not believe me. I'm 13 stone 3lbs at the moment and I'm 6' 1", my chest is 48" my waist 36" and my hips are 38" does that sound overweight to you?

I thought bmi of 25 or below was ideal

No I feel great Cheryl.

Vicky,

In June 1998, the federal government announced guidelines which create a new definition of a healthy weight -- a BMI of 24 or less. So now a BMI of 24.1 to 29.9 is considered overweight. Individuals who fall into the BMI range of 30 to 34.9, and have a waist size of over 40 inches for men and 35 inches for women, are considered to be at especially high risk for health problems.

But I still feel it's nonsense, My mate Paddy, is the same height as me but dead skinny, how can we have the same BMI range?

I dont care what size clothes i wear just as long as i have a bigger choice from normal shops and i loose the love handles! I think back fat is the worst

There is a diet, herbalife i think it is (my mil and sil done it for a bit) they work on the basis of body mass and bone density reather then bmi's. They sounded like a cult to me to be utterly honest and rake in the money with their mega expensive mix of vits that they say you can only but from them but if you brought them seperately you would still save a fortune.

I think thats taking it bit far isnt it Jim - its nor right - they dont take into account peoples build. I have huge knee and hip bones and even when i was 8 1/2 stone (underweight) i still looked bigger cos of my bones.

I just look at my sencond phot and think, would you call me fat? I wouldn't

No Jim certainly not. I think we all agree tht bmi's are a waste of time. We know how we feel and a silly number wont tell us that.

Not at all Jim. skinny Jim :D

LOL, I'll never get away from the naughty tag will I linzi. :)

LOL, really Linzi. LMAO.

Back