I'm panicking and stressed.

RuthG

Gold Member
I think I have bitten off more than I can chew..... I started Cambridge in August, planning on being a size 12-14 by Christmas. I go on holiday on 20th December, to the Caribbean. I really didn't want to be any bigger than a 14. I've lost 2 stone 4.5lbs in 7 weeks, but discounting my first week, my average weight loss is 3.5lbs a week, which I don't think will get me to a size 14, let alone a 12, in 11 weeks. I had planned on working up the plans in the lead up, but I don't think I am going to be able to do that now. When I did Cambridge before, my average was 4.5lbs. I always drink my fluid allowance, and bar 4 SS+ days I've been completely SS. My plan is to increase my actual water intake, I usually have between 2 and 2.5 litres, so I will aim for 3 litres for the next week and see if that makes a difference or not. When I started Cambridge this time I was a size 20-22 bottom, 20 top. My size 18 jeans are now a little on the baggy side, and I did manage to squeeze into size 16 (stretchy) jeans the other day.

If I don't get into a size 14 I will be completely stuffed. I have bought lots of size 12-14 clothes, which I really want to wear :( I want to get back into the gym, with the hope of toning up somewhat, which should make a difference to my shape/size, but I nearly passed out the other day, I don't think I can do the exercise I need to do without stepping up the plans. Gah, I really don't know what to do.

I think you have done brilliantly so far. Maybe try the water thing and talk to your cdc and see what they suggest....am a bit new to this so have no suggestions but didnt want to read and run x
Positive mental attitude!

Thank you, you're right, PMA. I think it's easy to get disheartened on CWP, it has a massive impact on your life, and when your weight losses don't reflect that it's easy to get down about it. Looks like I've lost 4lbs this week, 4lbs every week and I'd be happy! (Well, happy-ish!!)

Hey,

Please don't worry a baggy 18 to a 14 in 2 1/2 months is totally possible. Do some maths..I honk you will be at least 2 1/2 stone down by then...if this brings you into the lower end of overweight bmi then your in with a very good chance. My bmi is 27.6 I'm 5.8" and size 12-14 to give you an idea x also to speed up it may be worth a trial of doing SS+ as when your heavier sometimes the extra bit speeds it up xx

I had considered maybe an SS+ week, I've got that week coming up soon anyway, I may just bring it forward. Good thinking, thank you x

Back