I'm proud of myself today :o)

Sussex Girl

I decided I needed a pat on the back and as nobody at home appreciates how hard this diet is I thought all you lovely people on here might.

On the spur of the moment at lunchtime I invited some friends for dinner tonight. I ended up cooking the following for them all:
Roast Lamb with mint sauce
Roast Chicken
Runner Beans (my fav veg)
Baby sweetcorn
Carrots
Roast potatoes
Sage & Onion stuffing
Chipolata sausages
Yummy gravy

followed by
Fresh strawberries
M&S meringues
vanilla ice cream

NOT ONE CRUMB TOUCHED MY LIPS :D

I cooked for 7 people and it took me hours and I couldn't even taste the veg etc to see if it was cooked - so I guessed. Everyone cleared their plate and said it was lovely. I'm just so happy my head is in the right place and I didn't even want any of it.

Sorry to blow my own trumpet but I'm totally shattered now after clearing up etc and I just needed to say well done to myself. Hope you all don't mind me sharing it with you.

Well done indeed!

Mike

First day on Cambridge Diet

Well done you. I avoided a roast lamb dinner today and freshly baked cakes, feeling the diet now as tummy is rumbling. Well done you. Mind over matter eh!!:)

I decided I needed a pat on the back and as nobody at home appreciates how hard this diet is I thought all you lovely people on here might.

On the spur of the moment at lunchtime I invited some friends for dinner tonight. I ended up cooking the following for them all:
Roast Lamb with mint sauce
Roast Chicken
Runner Beans (my fav veg)
Baby sweetcorn
Carrots
Roast potatoes
Sage & Onion stuffing
Chipolata sausages
Yummy gravy

followed by
Fresh strawberries
M&S meringues
vanilla ice cream

NOT ONE CRUMB TOUCHED MY LIPS :D

I cooked for 7 people and it took me hours and I couldn't even taste the veg etc to see if it was cooked - so I guessed. Everyone cleared their plate and said it was lovely. I'm just so happy my head is in the right place and I didn't even want any of it.

Sorry to blow my own trumpet but I'm totally shattered now after clearing up etc and I just needed to say well done to myself. Hope you all don't mind me sharing it with you.

well done, i know it is hard but once you set your mind to ss, it's amazing what you can do.

As you said, it is sometimes hard to cook for others, as you can't test when things are cooked, it drove my husband mad, kept calling him to check things.

once again well done.

Fantastic - thats the spirit! If you can do that then you can go all the way!

Well Done!!!!!

Thank you everyone. I've just popped home in my lunch hour so thought I would pop on quickly - just about to have my first tetra of the day and I need it after a really busy morning.

I have to say I went to bed last night and dreamed that I ate loads of food. I woke up in a panic this morning. I just hope I didn't raid the fridge in my sleep !!!!!! :eek:

Back