I'm really bad at finding titles that people will want to read! :)

:needhug: because I am:gen125:

After the:kitty:I now need a dog to warm up:chores016:

Honestly though, I'm freezing, and it doesn't help that my house is so poorly insulated :( It's not fun everyday to live in rented accomodation. One day, I'm gonna have my own house and it'll be one of the first thing I save for: a proper heating system and first class insulation :)

I ate an egg, I ate an egg, I ate an egg :cry::break_diet:

Off I go working it off on the wii fit. My diarrhea is over, I have no excuse to eat protein :mad:

Bad, naughty ellie. It starts with an egg and then it ends up in a full pigging out session so STOP :mad: I hope I'm still in ketosis :(

Elie said:
I ate an egg, I ate an egg, I ate an egg :cry::break_diet:

Off I go working it off on the wii fit. My diarrhea is over, I have no excuse to eat protein :mad:

Bad, naughty ellie. It starts with an egg and then it ends up in a full pigging out session so STOP :mad: I hope I'm still in ketosis :(

Don't panic Ellie you'll still be in ketosis!! In fact if you're on SS+ you're allowed 2 eggs a day so you'll be fine, but don't let it escalate to more than that and you'll be great. Xx

Thanks surfhunny, it makes me feel a bit better :)

I won't be buying eggs anymore, that's it. So no more cake for OH either :D

I know myself, I'll start with an egg and then another, and another, and a bit of bread, and, and, and... :rolleyes:

Right, off to do some more wii fit. I'll try the cycling. :) And it should warm me up!

Day 36

Oh my! I lost 6.2lbs this week :eek: For some reason, I always lose more when it is TOTM, but I never had such a big loss in the middle of the diet before!

Not that I complain of course :D

It must have been a lot of water though, as my fat % didn't move much, and I didn't lose many inches either, but I'm happy with the lbs dropping too :D

I was doubting myself when I set this Christmas challenge, but it looks like I should be able to reach this target if I keep focused!

Maybe I was a little bit optimistic on the clothes size front though :eek: I took out all of my size 20 clothes from their storage bags, but I'm still far too fat for the trousers, although now I can actually fit my bum in them. I just can't button them up :rolleyes: I haven't tried the tops yet, but will tell you how that goes. I only lose much faster from my upper half. I actually noticed a waiste the other day :eek: :cool:

And my BMI is in the 38s! Yay! Another 8 BMI points and I'll overweight :p But what is 8 BMI points when you're on CD? :D

I'll have to up the exercise a bit on the wii fit, as I'd like to be toned as well, although I know that gyms aren't for me, I saw they had a nice selection of exercises to tone up abs, waiste, etc. I'm more of a "home gym routine" girl than a public gym girl :) And hopefully, once I'm actually able to move without too much pain, I'll be able to go on long walks/bike rides (with the advantage of not feeling ashamed if I'm huffing and puffing while climbing a hill!)

You know how they say you should always have some goals to motivate yourself? So far, I have 3:

1- Not appear to big next to skinny OH at wedding :D
2- buy a pair of size 14 (or lower if my body feels like it!) skinny jeans
3- (the new one) be able to wear a pair of wellies. Indeed, my legs are to fat for wellies :eek: which can be pretty annoying when living in the rainy muddy countryside :eek: Also we love camping, and wellies are a must!

I have plenty of other goals of course, but for some reason, these three are really important, although they're quite trivial!

Day 54

I'm back!!!!!! Boy, am I busy!!!

Two weeks ago, I had a very bad chest infection and yes, I ate :break_diet: I had to take medicine for my vocal cords (I lost my voice too, the joy) and they threw me out of ketosis and I thought: what the h*ll! I'm eating :cry:

Anyway, I have been back on CD for a week now but I know I won't reach my Christmas target nor win my November challenge. But you know what? I don't care, as long as I lose weight :) I'm not weighing myself until the end of the month as I don't want to get too depressed if I have put on weight. I know I'm bound to have gain a little, but not seeing it makes me more focussed on CD. At least, if I wait till the end of the month, I'm sure to see a loss on the scales :D

I'm working like crazy at the moment. I have to submit my progress piece by the end of the month and I want it to be good, obviously! It's hard, especially since I have to get used to drinking shakes only, haha.

I'm not really good with the water though :( I just hate having to go to the loo all the time. Every time, I need to unplug my laptop, carry my bag to the loo and try to find a cubicle without a carpet of (dirty?) loo paper on the floor. Ugh, I hate it when people behave like pigs!!!!

They are staging protests here today on campus, but my uni has a nice bunch of students, so they are not planning on having any building occupied. Therefore, i'm burried under my books in the library.

At the moment, I'm wearing a nice grey cardigan I bought a couple of months ago. It's a nice size 22 one from Asda. It was really tight at the start of the diet so it got forgotten in my closet! And yesterday, as I needed something warm to wear on top of my long-sleeved tee shirt, I decided to throw it on and it suited me perfectly!

I have troubles with my jeans though. Just after I wash them, they fit me nicely, but after a day, I need a belt and even the belt doesn't do a great job to keep them in place! The jeans still fit my bum and thigh, but not my waiste, so they hung too low and it's ugly, I look like a hobo! The smaller size is still too small for my bum and thighs though :( I guess by Christmas, i'll be able to wear the next size down, hopefully!

To motivate myself, I have decided to reward myself with a nice outfit for Christmas. I'm thinking something to wear at the Christmas eve party with my family. I found a couple of really nice outfits both in Asda and Tescos, but I refuse to buy anything above a size 20, so I have some slimming down to do, haha. I actually told my fiancé NOT to let me buy anything above a size 20 for Christmas, so I don't have the choice. If I want a nice outfit, I have to lose the weight!

I saw a very nice dress in Asda, which would go very well with a lovely cardigan waiting in my closet. My only worry is that it is quite short (above the knee). Not that I would find it shocking on another woman. It's just that although I'll be slimmer, my legs will still look like tree trunks, and I am worried it will look ugly.

I also saw a nice top that would go really well with a pair of nice black trousers I have.

Decisions, decisions!

If I can I'll post picture while shopping in December, so you can give me your advice and opinion.

Who would have thought that shopping could be a fun thing to do though? Who would have thought that I would actually look forward to dressing up for Christmas? (it is quite a formal affair in France, haha).

My sister sent me pictures of last year's Christmas and I look enormous on these pictures!!!! How could I let myself go like that? I was just one big ball of lard! I still am, but at least I can feel some bones emerging now :D A lot of my friends have commented on my weightloss, and it feels good :D

Right, off to read more diaries now!

Ellie, great to see you posting on your diary again. Glad you are better after the chest infection. You sound busy, but focused, which is good. It's great having the incentive of smaller size clothes you want to wear.

Ellie, great to see you posting on your diary again. Glad you are better after the chest infection. You sound busy, but focused, which is good. It's great having the incentive of smaller size clothes you want to wear.

Thanks Disney! Yes, I'm incredibly focused today. I hope it lasts! :D

Here is the dress from ASDA I was talking about.

Wow! The dress is gorgeous, l love it. :)

I've bought the dress l'm planning on wearing to our office Christmas dinner on 23rd Dec. I've posted a picture of it in my minimins profile album (link on the left). It's the one with the black lace overlay and dark red underneath. I've also bought a dress and bolero jacket for new year, it's the purple one in my profile album. Both outfits were in the sales. :) I so love shopping for clothes now l'm thinner (still got just over a stone to go to goal, when l bought them both dresses fitted (just!) but will look a lot better when l've lost more lbs).

Last edited:
Wow Disney! I love the red/black dress, very elegant!

I so can't wait to be at goal! It'll be hard to resist the temptation of all these clothes though, haha!

Hi Elie
Just wondered if you had a good Christmas ? and how are you getting on now ??
xxx

Hello everyone, I am back! And I am amazed that I only put on 4lbs! Let me explain, no cheating, I got swine flu in December and although I lost more lbs while sick, the doctor asked me to eat (sensibly) as I was really weak. And I ate sensibly and I only out on 4lbs, I can't believe it. So I am back, Day 2 of SS. I know I will lose these 4 lbs easily now :)

Only major problem. I am now late in my weightloss and I haven't lost enough to fit in my wedding dress............. My fitting is Feb 4th, and hopefully I will have lost some inches around my waiste by then. We shall wait and see.

Welcome back! I'm sure you'll shift that little gain no problem. Well done for keeping it that low!

Welcome back! I'm sure you'll shift that little gain no problem. Well done for keeping it that low!

Thanks Surfhunny :) I know the weight will be lost very quickly, I am already 2 lbs down :D I am just worried about the 2inches I need to lose. But again, I lost 2inches around my waist in my first week the last time, because of my reserves emptying. We shall see anyway, the wedding is not till the 19th of March and I found a seamstress who does last minute alterations (for a higher price of course).

Another day gone, and one half gone and I am finding it easier. But I know Days 4 and 5 are lurking around the corner and they scare me!

I am good with my water and I cannot wait to see the weight come off!

I have just hopped on the scales (couldn't resist it!) and after a couple of days, I have already lost the 4lbs I had put on :D So now I am back at 260lbs, the weight I was before the horrible swine flu.

By the way, if you catch the flu and your temp stays really high for more than 4 days and you start coughing, please, be careful. It started like this with me and I didn't do anything thinking it was normal winter flu and I then developped a very bad chest infection.

A 9lbs loss this week, not bad at all. But I can see I will have to stop weighing myself every day now that my weightloss has started to slow down.

Indeed, the first few days on CD are so exhilerating because you notice at least a lb loss every morning. However, this morning, I had only lost half a lb, which tells me I should be back to weekly WI if I don't want to feel disheartened. It will be hard for the serial weigher that I am :D

My jeans are again feeling really comfy, but I know that this is mainly due to loss of water and of some reserves of something around the tummy once we are in ketosis. So it doesn't mean I can get lazy and relax!

Instead of looking at the long time goal, I have decided to follow minigoals instead. The long time one with my target weight on makes me feel pretty depressed. Whereas looking at things in the short terms help me feel like I am achieving great things every month.

So my first mini goal is to get to under 35 BMI. Then I think I will only be obese and not morbidly obese. Am I correct? So as soon as 34.9BMI arrives, I will celebrate but I don't know yet what my reward will be.

I have a cold, another one. I always have a cold when I start eating differently, probably because my body needs to adjust. But on this diet I don't feel weak or unable to do anything. Actually, I am feeling quite full of energy! If only OH would be the same, we could have all the DIY done in one weekend and I could have decluttered the house like I want to :D

Just back from the shop and bought my 2 litre bottle of fizzy water: we are SAVED! :D

I will now wait for OH to come home so I can drive to Tesco's and buy enough fizzy water for my weekly needs :) I hate having only one car for the two of us, especially because I work at home (I am a postgrad student), and "home" is in the middle of nowhere, haha.

Back