I'm really bad at finding titles that people will want to read! :)

hiya hunni,

just had a good read through the last fe pages of your diary to see where you are up to!

Well done on loosing so much weight already! your doing fantastically!

me and DH dont have many friends in common, although since moving down to be with him, iv had to kind of just get on with being round his squaddy mates... getting used to the vile talk and skanky girls who chase them round lol but we prefer to sit in and "wnjoy" eachothers company - by that i mean usual watch telly and only talk when necessary hahaha

well done for beating your halloween goal! its so motivating!!

dont worry about wees 4 and 5, only people who want to fail fail, you seem so positive, you make your own path in life, so dont worry about the paths other people choose, you dont have to be like them!

onwards, and downwards!!

xxxx

Thank you so much for your motivational message, it is really lovely. To be honest, OH doesn't even have that many friends either as we're new to the area and he works really long hours. I have a couple of very close friends though, but they live away too. Never mind, we still have a lovely time together, it is just that I miss speaking with girlfriends, etc. If only we were all living in the same area!

I know I won't fail :) I'm just bracing myself in case it gets a little tough :D (I'm a worry wart, haha)

Leek? bloody random or what? Thats like me saying that I am craving poo!

Actually leek and broccoli are 2 of my favourite food :eek: I'm also craving eggs on toast. Strange! :D

Without sound smug, Ellie - Im not craving anything but it is taking an immense amount of will power.

I cant tell people enough my mantra:
Im not wasting my £40 a week on a morsel of food that will snowball into a buffet style gorge. If I ever gain on this diet, I might as well set fire to £40 for all the good it does.

But if I really think about what I miss the most its fresh tiger bread and lurpak butter.

You're so right Rumbles! I wish I could lose all the pounds I pay the CD company.... Now 40lbs a week, that would do the trick :D

40lbs a week? Id have to cut off my little finger to just about make that ;)

I'm craving pasties right now so very random because in general I wouldn't even entertain a pasty but now..... I crave that and cheese on toast with marmite, yet another random but I love cheese on toast with marmite yum. Not to worry, choc tetre and a glass of water it is then. X

Day 22

Only 2lbs lost yesterday at WI, but I lost inches!

Since day 1, I've lost:
  • waist: 4"
  • hips: 2" (always hard to lose fat there!)
  • chest: 3" :)( )
  • arms: 2" x 2
  • thighs: 3" x 2
  • underbust: 4"
So i'm a bit disappointed but as long as I'm losing the inches I'm fine!

Busy day today again :D

Hi Elie. Don't be disappointed about STS, you are doing great, losing lots of inches and i bet you get a really good loss next week to make up for it.
Stay strong xxx

Hi Hon, just catching up on everyone's diaries. Just wanted to say congrats on your weightloss and your amazing inch loss. I think inch loss is almost more important than weightloss as it affects how you look really, so well done on losing all those inches. The weightloss will follow - don't worry.

Have a good week. :)

Thank you ladies for your lovely messages!

OMG you'll never believe what happened this weekend! It was our 6th anniversary, our last as an unmarried couple and OH.......had organised a romantic weekend in London! And not just any romantic weekend, a weekend with a room in the May Fair hotel, near Hyde Park! (thank you lateroom.com, lol)

We never do anything together as we're saving so hard for the wedding, and for once, to feel treated like a princess for a weekend.... Well, it made me cry to see how much my oh loves me :eek: I knew he loved me of course, but to see that he did all that just to surprise me! The room was great, and the bathroom :eek:

And for the first time in years I took a bath, because the bath tub was big enough for me to sit and relax in (another horrible side effect of obesity: bath tubs are too small :eek:)

And yes, I ate, but (and please, sit down before reading this) I resisted all the desert and the meals full of carbs and only ate salads :eek: I can't believe it, I'm actually changing and I don't need to stuff my face to enjoy myself!

Unfortunately, even the salad threw me out of ketosis, but I don't regret it, and I'm back on track now :D I only put 1lb on, which i'm pretty sure I'll have lost tomorrow. But I am also celebrating a mini victory on food.

And to think that in a few months I will be slim enough to take a bath in my bath tub :D

DAY 27

It's actually nice to be back on the diet after my little interlude :) I weighed myself this morning and have lost the wieght I put on during the weekend and I still have 2 days to see if I can get a little loss.

If I STS I won't mind of course :) I'm still dreaming about this romantic weekend, it was so nice, and I miss the bathroom terribly :( I always buy these lovely bath bombs from Lush to other people, and I am dying to try them myself! I love Lush, it smells divine and it makes me feel all pampered, and it is healthy, cruelty free cosmetics: what more can I ask? :D (no, I don't work for Lush, I am just a Lush enthousiast, lol)

I have a lot of catching up to do with your diaries, and it is really distracting me in my work now, haha.

DAY 28

Mmm, very strange, I put on a lb since yesterday :confused: Oh well, I won't pretend to understand how it all works, as long as in the end I'm at my target weight :D

I had a lovely pampering session last night, it felt so good. I used to buy a lot of lush products, almost every week, but would never use them because I didn't feel like making any effort with my body. I think I was just buying them because they smelled gorgeous and they were stuff that I could choose, as opposed to clothes, which would choose me. I.e., like many fat persons, I had to buy those that fit me.

But last night I thought my poor body deserved a treat and it felt great to be taking care of me, and I'll make sure to do it more often :) It's a great boost to the self-esteem.

Ketosis is back. I'm not too cold yet, but I have the lovely smell (and taste!) in my mouth, haha.

I tried making crisps as well yesterday and :( It was disgusting, so no more crisps for me, I'd rather drink my shakes :D

I've been really good with water and I'm not hungry between shakes anymore. Hopefully, now that ketosis is back I'll have some of my energy back! It's amazing how elated and full of energy I feel when doing this diet. :eek:

Day 29

I only lost a lb today, but I still lost inches! I lost 2" off my waiste and 2" off my hips :D

Had a very busy morning, had to rush to the vet's, then had to rush to work. I'm home now, took a long steamy shower, wash my hair and am going to drink a soup.

Well, definitely back in ketosis: I am freezing! :gen125:

I was trying to explain to a friend of mine how the diet works, and at the mention of ketosis, she got all concerned :rolleyes: It is because she works with animals, and of course it is a really bad sign when that happens to them. I, however, have a voluntary-induced ketosis, it is NOT the result of a serious disease!!!!!! Anyhoo, I think I managed to explain :D

I also told her how hunger is not a problem on this diet. Cravings are. CD is a mind game, and I think it makes it even more difficult. Of course, hunger is a horrible thing to live with, but when you are used to comfort eat all the time, I'm sure we'll agree that this is just as much of a torture than real hunger. At least at the start.

My energy levels are back up although I almost fainted this morning at work. I had forgotten my water and I got all dizzy. And as soon as I drank, all went back to normal. I went to the pharmacy to have my blood pressure checked and all was normal. I was a little scared though :eek:

One of my guinea pigs is ill :( He has a mild respiratory infection. Thank God I noticed it immediately :cool: Still had to rush to get his medicine and now I feel like the scum of the earth force feeding him his antibiotics and his probiotics :(

(I'm really crazy about guinea pigs, you'll have to get used to it :p If I could I would become a guinea pig only vet :D )

your break sounds lovely and lovely to read about you having a bath. good luck for the rest of this week.

you are doing so well :) I am with you on the Lush stuff .. I love it , but dont often have a bath as the water never used to cover me !!! May have to take a trip !!
Sounds like you had a great time in London , we went for 3 days after our wedding in august and stayed in the Park lane Hilton , so near where you stayed , it was amazing ( and free :) did you see any shows or do anything nice ??

keep up the good work :)

Thanks Leeds and determinator :)

Determinator, we went for a walk in Hyde Park and then I HAD to go to Harrods! We didn't go and see any shows because I can't sit comfortably in the seats :eek::eek::eek: My fatty back pushes my legs forwards and my knees don't have enough room as they press against the seat in front of me and it hurts like hell (broke both my knees 4 years ago falling down concrete stairs and they are very sensitive to say the least).

I had a horrible week :( I had diarrhea (sorry, tmi!) and I ate toffu and 2 eggs :( I'm still in ketosis though, and I have lost some more weight, but this diarrhea episode really wore me down, I'm now exhausted but even more disappointed that I ate :(:(:( Having said that, I drank a lot of water, and for once I didn't have to force myself. It was like my body had to drink or it would dry up.

I'm back to normal now and............ I don't know how that happens but I now have a cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Poor little creature, she lost her front leg and her owner dumped her at the vet because he didn't want a three legged cat. What was I suppose to do? :eek: Plus my OH is a real huge cat person, and he now has a pet he adores (not that he doesn't like the small furries, but they're more my "babies" than his :rolleyes: )

OH also worked last Sunday, for his old boss (previous job) and he got me a wii fit to help me in my diet!!!!! I could cry, he is so nice with me, so encouraging. It's in moments like this one that I realised how lucky I am that he chose me to be his wife. Because let's face it, I'm not easy to live with all the time :eek:

I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow, back to the library (and the cold, made worse by ketosis)

hey lovely, just checking in xx

hey lovely, just checking in xx

Hey Rumbly, I'm still going strong :D

Change of plan today: I am staying home to take care of the wedding paperwork. Plus I haven't finished to secure the area for the cat so she can't stay on her own.

Indeed, my guinea pigs' cages are open at the top as I did them myself with NIC cubes (very cheap way to make a cage btw, if you need advice, I can help :D ). So I need to devise something to put on top to secure them. The kitty is not really interested by the piggies though. She finds them intriguing, but if they go too close, she runs and hides! :rolleyes: But I don't want to risk it, so I have to secure the cages.

The scales on the wii board are pretty accurate! And I like how I was told that I was too fat, haha! I knew it, no need to tell me :p So now my Mii is enormous :D But I managed to put my Christmas goal on the wii fit so we will work from there.

OH's BMI is 19.9 :eek: How unfair is that??? He eats like a horse!

It also said on the wii that people with a BMI at 22 are statistically less likely to get ill, and 22 is actually my ideal BMI for my type of body structure, so we will have to work toward that :D

How hard is this yoga thingy!!!! I can't breathe AND focus on my balance :eek: But it is going to be great fun, especially the balance games. Most of my weight goes on my heels, which would explain why my heels are painful sometimes! So I have to force my toes to work a little bit more! Lazy toes!!!

Day 34

Day 34 and still holding strong!

TOTM has started on Monday, which may explain the tiny 1lb I lost last week. I remember from the first time I did the diet that I tend to retain water the week before I'm due and then lose it all during my periods. Hopefully it'll be the same :D

I'm so looking forward to have regular-ish periods again! I hadn't had a period in 3 months because of my weight. And everytime my BMI comes back in the 38s, my periods start again. We may want to start a family once we're married, so this is even more important for me to lose weight :)

Still playing with the Wii Fit and really enjoying myself! I love the hoola hoop and the ski jumping. Although I don't really fancy the running and cycling :eek: Even the beginner stuff lasts too long for me :eek::eek::eek: I don't know if it'll help me slim down, but I'm having fun so that's a good thing :D

Back