.....I'm so confused!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by RugbyGirl, 17 June 2009 Social URL.

1. RugbyGirl

RugbyGirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    I have recntly lost 22 lbs on the CB diet. Thrilled and in 8 weeks have only put on 3lbs or so. Thinking of doing SW but I cant get my head round it. There are sooooooooooooooooooooo many calories in carbs, yet your allowed as much as you want! Surely this defies all logic.....Can someon please speak to me like im 5 and explain it???

Cheers

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

Hey I am new and don't know the science behind it. I'm on the green plan and all I can say is it works!! :) I had been on WW before and couldn't get my head round how this could possibly work... but it does! Xx

4. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

And congrats on the loss that's ace!! X

5. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Heya, give this a read should explain all, if not PM me :)

Natt xxx

6. henna!

henna! I can do this............

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(17.09%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I was just thinking you are the perfect person to answer this!!

7. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    There aren't 'that' many calories in carbs, it's processed carbs which are not good. It's about using fresh ingredients, and balance. Carbs, protien, fibre, dairy, sugar and fat. Our bodys need all these, SW proportions them in the amount we need. That's why HEX's are important, and so too are syns.

8. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    Hi Rugby girl, I think you mean CD diet :D There is a thread on here for CD to SW you may want to have a look, will bump it up for you.
    It's hard to get your head around the different kind of eating....food for one! It took me a while too. You just need to tell yourself that this is a completly different diet but it does work. Well done on only a 3lb gain thats good whilst moving across :) I'm sure you will love SW x

9. RugbyGirl

RugbyGirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    I'm just really really excited about food again.....but also petrified by it! I do NOT want to gain weight, I have worked too hard and like my body now, which I never have. Not to mention its so much easier to run around the pitch its unreal! I hate the 3lbs that I have, I dont intend on making friends with it! Sooner it leaves the btter. But the idea of all this food is amazing!!!! Thanks for your advice and links....I think it really is the difficulty of getting my head around eating again. x

10. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    What you have to do is suspend belief jump in and do it! It really is that easy! What have you got to lose?:rolleyes:

11. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    Well said judimac I totally agree!:D
    Trouble is on CD you can't eat and are taught the complete opposite, so to start with your head is all mixed up :silly: Don't worry Rugby girl by next week that 3lb just may be gone

12. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Protein contains 4 calories per gram

Carbohydrates contain 4 calories per gram

Fat contains 9 calories per gram

HTH
    J x

13. RugbyGirl

RugbyGirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Wow. I did not know that! interesting, its a good job I'm a MAHOOOOSIVE fan of pasta! I have that 3lbs i wanna shift again, plus an extra 7-10lbs. I will then hopefully be lifted in the line out without those poor girls legs buckling! ha.

I have to just reprogramme my thoughts about food and eating! Also, the alchol part.....being a rugby girl its kinda part and parcel! But I'm glad SW gives you the freedom to drink, where as SS'ing drinking is a sure fire NO NO! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.