I'm starting CD this week and would like a support buddy or two!

Joz

Hi everyone!
I am looking for a support buddy or two for my CD journey. I know for experience having at least one person to depend on for support and encouragement makes the experience more successful. I promise to check-in once everyday to give support and encouragement to my CD buddy/buddies. Anyone interested please let me know.
Big kiss!
Joz

Thanks for the support CW, your weight loss has been amazing! you look awesome!XX

Hi everyone!
I am looking for a support buddy or two for my CD journey. I know for experience having at least one person to depend on for support and encouragement makes the experience more successful. I promise to check-in once everyday to give support and encouragement to my CD buddy/buddies. Anyone interested please let me know.
Big kiss!
Joz

Hi Joz,

I would be happy to be your support buddy as I don't have one either. I am a restarter and have just gotten back on track in the last week. I'm getting married in September so am looking to reach my goal in August as I have a wedding dress fitting just before then, abit of extra motivation.

I'm on here everyday, even at work I check in as I find people here so supportive and motivating.
:grouphugg:

Hi Fenix,
Let me begin by saying, thank you for being my CD buddy. It will be a long haul but we will achieve our goals.
A wedding is probably the best motivators for weight loss so you will definately get there!
I just spoke with my CD counselor and I'll have my first meeting Thursday evening to begin CD on Friday. I'm a ss re-starter too. I lost 3 st on LL in 2007 but I had major surgery a year later and regained 2 st because I was stuck in bed for weeks and could not exercise properly for six months. Then I lost two close family members and gain another 1/2 st from comfort eating my way through my grief.
I've been on the Celebrity Slim for a month and only lost 3.5 kgs but I'm too impatient for slow weightloss. I find it easy to my weight down once I've lost it (I was slim for over a year) but hard to lose any other way than ssing.
Now, I've got several very important gigs coming up in August and I have to look amazing. So, I have good motivation too!
How are you finding CD this time around? Are you keeping a diet journal?
Kiss,
Joz

Hello Joz,

Great to hear from you and I am looking forward to being your CD buddy as well. I have just sent you a friend request so we can chat off the forum as well, hopefully it works.

It does seem like there is a long way to go, but together we will get there, I have my ups and downs but am happy to say that at the moment the thought of fitting in to a size 12 dress is definitely keeping me on the straight and narrow, I have just over 2 months till my next fitting so am trying my best to religiously stick to SS.

The first time I did SS was for three weeks (two months ago), I lost a dress size 15.4lbs and was so happy that I got abit too excited quickly and came off it for two months, enjoyed eating again and now have come back to lose the rest. I was quite impressed when I went back to my CDC as I had only put on 4.4lbs in that two months, which was good because I was not watching what I was eating at all.

I'm going to see my CDC tomorrow at lunch as I have run out of my weekly supply.

So you are starting Friday, that is a good day to start. I usually find the first day a breeze, but after that it gets harder. The weekend is good because you can always find ways to occupy yourself. I'm not sure about you, but when I am on SS, I clean the fridge and cupboards, I can't have anything there to tempt me. My fridge for the moment is filled with water only!

I'm finding the CD okay this time around, I think because after a few failed attempts I have come back this time and I know I am ready and that I HAVE to do it, it isn't really an option. I wanted the easy way as well, fast weight loss, but I feel once I get down to my healthy weight it will be like pushing the restart button, and I can really start to exercise and look after myself like I should have done in the beginning.

I'm a big comfort/emotional eater as well, well I'd prefer to say I "was" rather than I "am". I used to eat through a whole cake, tub of ice-cream, biscuits, chocolate, crisps on the weekend all by myself, and to make it worse, I used to hide all evidence of it from my fiancé because I was worried he would be disgusted by all the things I ate.

I am keeping a journal, a blog of everything, but am looking forward to writing to you and us supporting each other.

Sorry for the late reply by the way, just got back from lunch - am having my spicy tomato soup as I write.

Chat to you again soon - hope you got my friend request by the way - got lots more to say but don't really want to advertise it here - lol.

Hi Joz, Im starting again tomorrow, went a bit mad for a while, good luck for your cd journey, it really does work providing you stick to it tho!
If you wanna ask any questions or just wanna moan about stuff then Im here :)

Hi Fenix & Renee,
So much thanks to you both! Sorry I'm so late replying but I just lost the long message I posted on here to you both because MMs logged me out while I was typing..so I'm a little annoyed.:( I'm way too vexed to rewrite it all and MMs doesn't allow me to access your profiles to pm you because I have under 50 post (as I was told by the nice MMs' techie lady). In fact I can't even access my own CP for some reason. Since I can't PM you, contact me through email until I've done my 50 post. My email:[email protected].
I hope you've both had a good evenings. Take care!
Jozxx

Btw, I'll still be checking on here everyday for general post from you but if you want a private discussion use my email. Nite:)

Hi Joz, just wanted to say good luck with your weightloss. Hope your meeting with your CDC goes well on Thurs x

Hi Joz and Fenix

I started today, feeling ok but its still early lol, gotta start drinking water now and Im gonna try not to have my shake until later as I never did like having breakfast too early. Although my CDC has told me to space out the shakes properly, so I have to be careful as that has messed up things for me before. Hope you're both well! :)

Hi Joz & Reena,

I have the same problem, I can't access my CP either because I have under 50 posts, I've been playing those word games to get my posts up and trying to reply to as many threads as I can.

So shall we all just stay in touch on this thread? My email is: [email protected] if you ever want to write there.

So how are you both doing today? That is great that you are starting today Reena, I hope your day is going well so far. I've just had my chocolate tetra, my battles begin later in the afternoon as I have never been a fan of breakfast so just having shake for breakfast suits me fine. The problem today is a have a terrible migraine, I think I really need to up my water intake, I sometimes forget to drink water, which is really bad I know.

I'm going to see my CDC today at lunch for my first weight in in about two months. I'm not sure I will actually lose weight, I'm just hoping that I haven't put any on! At my last weigh in I weighed 167lbs, so lets hope it is still that or under! I will let you both know as soon as I get back. I've tried to be as good as I can, and if I can't be good I only have protein, like a little tuna, which I know isn't CD 100% but at least it's not the tub of ice-cream that the devil on my shoulder is telling me to eat.

By the way, I'm not sure if you both log your weight, but there is a great excel sheet posted on one of the threads on here which I have been using and which is great, it was posted by SteveM, who seems to be the king of Excel, it is on a thread called Graph or Spreadsheet and is really worth having for motivation.

Well, I will let you both know how I went later on. I must say, it is very exciting to have a buddy trio this time around, it will certainly make this journey a lot easier. :grouphugg:

Am around all day, I have this window open in my browser most of the day, so if anyone is having a crisis, let me know.

Bye :bliss:

Hi there

I started last Tuesday and would love support buddies so count me in.

Good morning Fenix & Renee! I’m sending you both waves of love and support today. I feel bad that I’m not ss-ing with you yet. I am still having meal replacement shakes from Celebrity Slim so I’m having only little more calories than you guys.

Renee, I was always told that it’s actually good to breakfast because eating early kicks your metabolism into gear so you’re burning off even more calories. Obviously you have to do whatever works for you. I’m not a big fan of breakfast myself and I remember running out of food packs by 6pm and feeling like I was going to starve to death before the next day. By the second week I’d lost my appetite completely and wouldn’t get through all my shakes a day which made me feel dizzy and weak. I found if I paced myself –a shake every four hours – I was fine. Also, drink your water 30 minutes before your shakes so your shakes stay in your stomach longer helped me a lot as well.

Fenix, I’m so sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well today. Here’s a huge hug! Yes, you must increase your water intake if you’re getting migraines. Dehydration is the most dangerous part of ss-ing because our bodies need it even more than food. If we’re eating we’re getting a lot of water from our food too but with ss-ing we’re only getting the small amount we mix with the food packs or shakes. I developed small gallstones from being dehydrated and it was almost as painful as giving birth, so drink up! You’ll feel better in everyway with more energy too. As you can hear from my preachy tone, I’ve made water my number one priority while dieting. I don’t drink coffee or tea unless I’ve had a glass of water before hand. I drink a huge mug of hot water first thing in the morning instead of coffee.
I hope everything goes well with your CDC today…I’m sure you’ve lost weight even with the occasional protein snacks. Tuna is so low in calories & fat…I really don’t think it’s going to make a huge difference. I agree it’s 100 times better than high carb junk like ice cream! I will confess that my last month on LL that I did the same thing and still lost over 3 to 5lbs a week. I’m not condoning it, but I think it’s better to do have a little protein occasionally than to give up the diet completely. I will never criticize you for making CD work for you…one diet does not fit all exactly. Bravo for making good cheat choices!
I’m still logging my weight on the CS site but I will checkout the link you left. Thanks for your email address, please use mine if you want to speak in private and I will do the same for you. This 50 post rule is annoying at times! Hey what’s tetra –it sounds like a game?;)

I’m so glad to have you both as well; I know we’re going to be so proud of our success! You girls are already giving me confidence of success. We should have a girls day of pampering/shopping/nite out or something to celebrity when we’ve all reached our goals…it will be something to look forwards to! JozXXX

Hi Emma! Thanks so much! I’m quite excited about it especially after looking at your success! CD seems to work amazing well!

Fenix,
I've sent you an email!:)

Hey girlies!

Its really good to know you have support, especially since this diet is so hard. Ive been doing well today, not picked at anything which I know has always been my downfall. I cant manage anything except my tea or coffee in the morning, I have 3 little ones (one 2 year old and two 1 year old twins - I know its hard to work it out!) and so Im pretty much going loopy all day. Its easy not to find the time to eat but I just want to do it because I know I shouldnt, hope that makes sense in a weird way.
I really should have more water too, I haven't even finished 2 litres yet and its 4pm! Just had a chocolate shake at 1.30pm, will have another one when oh is home and gives me a break!

Yes we should definitely celebrate when we get to the end of this, we deserve some pampering after all this hard work, I just hope I can stick to it till september at least. Joz, don't worry, you'll be joining us soon, not too long to go, just pick up all the helpful stuff so you will be well informed and that will make things easier.

Be mailing you soon X :)

Oh btw Joz, I had my gallbladder removed last year because of multiple stones and I totally agree - pain is worse than labour, worst thing I went through but feel great now, one of the things which made me get serious about losing weight! Let me know if you get my mail later on X

Hey Joz... i am hopefully starting next week.. had to wait until my baby was 3months which she is on Monday.. at last... been dying to start it and didint want to lose my motivation!.. would love to buddy up with you.. xx

Back