I'm starting to get negative weight loss comments....

HMurphy

Having lost my 2 stone so far and pround of it and the fact my thights no longer rub together, it's obviously too much for some people I know. I'm starting to get comments like "you're far too skinny" and "oh no you've lost so much weight, are you ok?". It doesn't make me feel great and in fact I'm getting rather fed up with them. Nobody seems to be positive or has anything nice to say. I'm hardly skinny on my current weight and I want to loose another 14-20 lbs to be in the middle of my BMI. I didn't think it would be like this. :mad:

I'm getting the same, and I put it down to jealousy. I've had people tell me not to lose any more / don't go too far / you'll end up looking gaunt etc. I almost laughed it off, I'm only just out of the obese BMI!

The comments I get are generally from woman who are overweight - but they were thinner than me when I started. Now I am slimmer than them, it's just jealousy that we have got will power and control over how we look and have the commitment to do something about it. I only get it at work, and don't let it get me down too much.

I also tell them that I will stop when I am just under BMI 25 as I want a healthy future and to actually be around for my daughter in future!

Yeah, I'd take no notice. Like Jojo says, maybe you could also say that once you're at a healthy BMI is when you'll stop dieting :hug99: xx

dont listen to those people, you go as far as you want to go and where you feel the happiest, there is no point stopping because of a few jealous people as you will never be happy. you are on this diet for you and you only, therefore forget them and what they have to say. dont let them bring you down, you have done so well so far.

Jealousyyyyyyy!

People don't like change and don't like to think others can do things they can't do themselves!

If you want a trump card, go to the doctor, say that you've lost a lot of weight, feel great but people are saying you should stop. They will give their honest opinion! So when some other busybody (who, let's face it, never showed any concern for your weight before you started losing) starts to make comments you can say well the doctor says I'm doing really well!

Last time I lost weight I got called anorexic and bulimic and all sorts, and I was well into my health BMI!

You're not doing it for them, you're doing it for you. So chin up mrs, do what makes you happy and ignore the haters! :grouphugg:

I can't wait for people to tell me I've lost too much ;0)

I'm inclined to go with "jealousy" too.
Take no notice, if you still have weight to get off and if your goal weight is a healthy BMI then ignore ignore ignore.
I think sometimes it's a shock to people when they first really notice some ones weight loss and I'm one of those people who does look a bit gaunt if I drop quickly but there's no reason to say it in a negative way. I would make a big song and dance to the negative nora's about how great I feel, lots more energy, how much healthier I am, how many new clothes I'm going to buy...ha ha

Probably not suppose to swear on here so sorry,tell them to pi&@ off and get a life :D,that's words of wisdom there from an old fat bird x

I think its all about peoples perception of "you"....those who know you, are used to you, and are comfortable with you as you were. The human race does not adapt well to change, and seeing you changing will be bringing up all sorts of questions, thoughts, ad emotions within the people who are making comments. Don't forget how bullies operate, they make someone else feel bad to make themselves feel better. Your change makes them feel uncomfortable, and threatened because on the whole, people talk a lot, but never make things happen, and seeing one of the few who put thoughts into action makes people very uneasy.
If you met someone new tomorrow, they wouldn't comment on your weight, because that would be how they know you. Nobody ever meets a new friend and says "oh you're too skinny", it's all perspective......to those who have been in the 9 stones their whole lives, the thought of being 12 stone for example would fill them with dread. To those who have been overweight their whole lives, 12 stone seems like an amazing achievement - and it is!
People have defence mechanisms, we like to protect ourselves, and our bubble. They feel threatened by your success, and they're lashing out. The comments are not true, nor are they justified. Just hold your head up high, keep going until you get to goal, and then stay there, they'll soon get used to the new you and the comments will stop. If they don't replace them with new friends ;) Live life for you and let the haters hate xxx

Some good points there Thisis, especially......

seeing you changing will be bringing up all sorts of questions, thoughts, ad emotions within the people who are making comments.

Relevant to you JoJo - the ladies who are making the comments are probably embarrassed, ashamed, jealous and most probably baffled at you weight loss, even more so as you're now smaller than them :) Do you tell them what diet you're on?

It's a strange one HMurphy- those same people probably said nothing when you were gaining weight/at your heaviest and were unhealthy, didn't seem so bothered then did they? You're doing fab, don't let them get you down.

As long as your happy... Screw them lol

Back