Extra Easy im stuck

Flossy81

Hey there im new here, i joined slimmingworld on nov last year and lost 3stone iv another 3 to lose tho im starting to struggle cos i dont eat any fruit or veg. Could anyone give me any help for meal plans to help me out?? Iv also such a sweet tooth and struggle at the wkends :(

Flossy, firstly you have done amazingly well so give yourself a pat on the back. Secondly, you've already saw results so you know you can do this and your half way to goal! Thirdly, you've identified your weakness i.e. sweet tooth so now you need to get to grips with it and fine a solution.

My advice would be to plan ahead and with a little effort learn to incorporate veg in to your diet by eating more soups packed with veg or one pot meals in a slow cooker like a stew but bump up the veg content in the stew. Have you also tried quorn mince etc. This is a great way of getting a good result on those scales. Remember, veg is a flusher & when you combine that with drinking lots of water, it should ideally help flush the fat out your body.

Are you exercising? You don't have to go wild but start off by walking if you're not used to being active. My doc insist that a 45 min walk taking the dogs out is all the exercise a body needs!?

Also, eat a 'burner' with every meal... This burns the fat and the veg and water flush it. A burner is a carb & I was taught to eat a small burner after strenuous exercise to get a good result as it boosts the metabloism.

Lastly, the sweet tooth. If you know that your gonna crave something sweet of a weekend, why don't you treat yourself by doing some slimming world recipies? For instance, there was one I found the other day for 18 homemade Ferrero Rocher copies which are made with scanbread, or weetabix and nutella! Save yr Syns up and treat yourself. Also, some of the cheesecake recipies are to die for. Sugar free jelly with added tinned fruit with a scoop of W.W. vanilla icecream, yum! It does take a little time and effort but.....your worth it so be good to yourself & forward plan.

BTW, I have lost over 8st previously following all these tips but......eventually my old habits slid back in & I've put most of it back on soooooo don't do the same as me lol!:cry:

Good luck. :)

When you say you don't eat any fruit or vegetables - do you really mean that you don't eat any at all? Because this doesn't just have an impact on weight loss but on your overall health. They are essential elements of any diet.

sorry to say but fruit and veg is pretty much a fundamental part of sw.... without it you aren't having the same levels of portion control with the free food that is a bit more calorie dense. You can implement veg into sauces, and just increase it gradually. I find eating my third difficult at times too. A lot of the time I do green or red days as it helps to reduce my calories, and I don't have to eat quite as much in terms of superfree. But its essential with EE. xx

Try and make your own smoothies to indulge your sweet tooth and get your quota that way. Surely you like berries and bananas?

Fruit is synned when pureed or blended so this won't work. Sorry!

A bit of tough love here. I was like you 8 years ago. Didn't eat fruit and veg. I did a detox plan that contained oodles of them. I made myself eat the fruit and veg I hated for a month and I acquired a taste for them. My health dramatically improved, as did my hair, skin and nails. I now love all fruit and veg and get that I crave it. Sometimes it's just a matter of learning how to cook it properly. not boiled to death granny style :)
I think sometimes we just need to be grown ups and eat our veggies. You really can change your taste buds to live them

Plus there are so many dofferent flavours and textures, I find it hard to believe someone wouldn't like every one of them! I see loads of people stuck saying the same things they did as a kid 'i dont like fruit or veg'. Not because they dont like them, but because they haven't tried them and are just used to saying it!!!!

You need to find ones you like. Not just for losing weight, but because your health could be dramatically affected by not eating any.

Jael said:
No, according to SW books fruit is always synned if pureed or mashed. It doesn't matter if you do it yourself or not. Ditto with cooked fruit, whether you add sugar or not

I'm sure I've read that if you buy a smoothie it is synned but if you make it yourself with whole fruit it's fine. It's somewhere in the literature because it surprised me. Will have a re read to find it

leanerandlighter said:
I'm sure I've read that if you buy a smoothie it is synned but if you make it yourself with whole fruit it's fine. It's somewhere in the literature because it surprised me. Will have a re read to find it

Well, the book in front of me says pureed fruit, fruit juice, nectars or smoothies always count as syns. If you look in the syn section, it lists fresh and frozen fruit as free if raw and whole but adds a syn value for pureed. It's not much, usually 0.5-1.5 syns, but it's still there. My book's the lime green one

Jael said:
Well, the book in front of me says pureed fruit, fruit juice, nectars or smoothies always count as syns. If you look in the syn section, it lists fresh and frozen fruit as free if raw and whole but adds a syn value for pureed. It's not much, usually 0.5-1.5 syns, but it's still there. My book's the lime green one

Ok thank you. If I find a contradiction in print I will let SW know because it's confusing.

Anyway for the slimmer who does not eat any fruit and veg, I personally think you should make allowances like this if it means you will get some fruit down you. It's so unhealthy not to eat any you must get ill a lot

You're thinking of soup. If you buy shop-bought soup it doesnt have a free food allowance. Nor do pasta sauces etc.

But if you make your own soup it's free, even if you puree it. Veggies are free whether whole or pureed.

Fruit is not the same - if you cook or puree it you have to syn it because it contains a lot more sugar than veg. The syns for cooked and pureed fruit are all in the book.

leanerandlighter said:
Ok thank you. If I find a contradiction in print I will let SW know because it's confusing.

Anyway for the slimmer who does not eat any fruit and veg, I personally think you should make allowances like this if it means you will get some fruit down you. It's so unhealthy not to eat any you must get ill a lot

Sorry, but can't agree with this. It is so easy to overeat on fruit if you make a smoothie. If you look at how much fruit is in a smoothie, then think about eating all that fruit whole, its really unlikely that you'd eat it all in 1 sitting, but you could easily neck an entire smoothie in 30 seconds & still feel hungry. You'd be better off taking a multi vitamin if you are worried about your health.

It is important to eat a variety of fruit & veg to maintain a healthy diet. As Shrimpy says, you need to re-educate your tastebuds & brain to eat it if you don't like it at present. I hated spinach & butternut squash, but now i eat both at least twice a week.

Hey there im new here, i joined slimmingworld on nov last year and lost 3stone iv another 3 to lose tho im starting to struggle cos i dont eat any fruit or veg. Could anyone give me any help for meal plans to help me out?? Iv also such a sweet tooth and struggle at the wkends :(

Hey

You will need to eat fruit & veg! It's essential! Is it that you don't like it? If so there must be some fruit or veg that you like that you could eat. I tend to eat it anyway, even if I don't like it, but I mask it with other things. I didn't like spinach but the SW canneloni recipe uses it and I love that dish! The spinach is hidden behind nutmeg, cottage cheese, a tomato sauce and loads of seasoning so I don't even notice it. I think I actually like spinach because of it! I also struggle to eat apples, but when they're cut up into slices and mixed with a muller light yoghurt I love them. You have to find ways to eat things you don't like when they are so good for you. Yoghurt is a great way to eat fruit, cut up some mango, pineapple and melon and smother it in a muller light or other syn free yoghurt! This will also help with the sweet tooth cos you feel like you're eating a yummy pudding but it's completely free. As for veg you could make soups, so it's all blended down and you just get the yummy flavour - if it is a texture problem. Try different ways of cooking them too, roasted veg with balsamic vinegar is a good one, or steamed veg rather than just boiling it. Raw veg is yummy too if you haven't tried any - carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, sweet red peppers (it may just be me who eats them raw lol), they all go well together and with your HEA cheese, home made hummus or cold meats or boiled eggs, or all of that together can make a really good salad!

You need to give veg a chance!! xx

Back