I'm the cheshire Ketosis cat with the cream!!!!

billiebimbo

Good morning and what a GREAT morning it is toooooo -

Am only weighing in every two weeks after the first week as I don't want to be a scales bunny - for me this is about losing fat not weight so its how my body looks not what the scales say!!

This said I am delighted with my first weeks weigh in
weight loss on day 8 = 10lb!!!!

I now weigh 164 lb's whoop whoop!!!

wasn't expecting that!!! Because I run every night and knowing that this can impact on the metabolic rate putting the body into what some call 'famine mode' but it looks like I've hit the balance :D:D:D

I'm expecting a much smaller weight loss next weigh in in line with what other people experience - very happy bunny today - well on target for easter challenge!!!:clap::happy096:

wow....well done :D reading everyone's WI's to get me through the non-ketosis days...hehehe

Is it true that exercise slows down weight loss in ts as i started 4 days ago and have already lost 6lbs and wanted to join the gym next week to help with tonning and definition, oh and get more fat off lol, but dont want to embark on a gym routine that will just mess my ts weight loss up, any ideas gys.Thanks for listening

contraditing schools of thought!!

I run every night for half an hour and run very slowly for another half hour - I've slowed down my exercise since starting on this diet - I used to run for an hour a day and to resistance - I've stopped resistnace until the end of my diet -

I lost 10 pound in my first week - I have no idea if this would have been more if I had not exercised but in my opinion if you don't go crazy - weigh up the mental well being from exercise with the speed of weight loss - it's still a great weight loss for me - if after this week I am slowing down too much I will finish this month and come off meal replacements to lose the last stone as running for me is far too important
it depdends on priorities I suppose - I have got another 20 odd pound to lose - if I lose 15 or so in next three weeks with running great if its only 10 great!!
From reading Lyle McDonald's book the concern is the usage of tissue to create the energy required to run if you go hectic on it or are not used to it
CD (cambridge diet advise no exercise for first two weeks - Exante advise 20+mins of exercise a day)
I would say don't do anything for first few days as it is hard enough without food!! I didn't exercise for the first two days then I couldn't stand it any longer!!
However I have been running for a good 6 months and lost couple of stone that way - went on to Exante to speed things up a bit so I may not be best person to ask
You could try downloading the Ketosis diet book by Lyle McDonald - it is very informative - I've heard you can get it from some of the 'free' downloading sites but I wouldn't know (I bought mine on Kindle)
McDonald is certainly an authority on the subject - but it is a lenghty tome!!
good luck hope you manage to keep it up!!!
I'll let you know what I lose this week - keep an eye out on Thurs - if I lose more than 5lb I would say sensible exercise is probably no impediment !!!

Good luck and if you go gym hope you enjoy it (I hated it!!)
take care Bills

Back