Imagine if i wasn't fat

Hey hun, liking the sound of your new plan, hope it works well for you :D

Im totally with you on the cleaning front, there is definately something that is released when you have finished and have a clean and fresh home xxx

I ve just read your diary from start to finish. How inspiring is all I can say. I need as much inspiration as I can get and reading peoples diaries really helps me. Am sure you will do your goals in 2011. :D
I can really relate to the guys ;), been in similar situations myself.
Hope you didnt mind me popping in
xx

It is day 6 of Projct Motivation. I'm not sure how I'm getting on. On Sunday I was soooo hungry that I had a portion of oven chips with my dinner that were not on the plan. I knew half way through the meal I was full, but I kept eating, thinking on the hunger I;d suffered. However yesterday I kept to plan almost 100% as well as giving blood, doing a spin class and the 5 mile run and went to bed satisfied. Perhaps I need to just give it more time and have more filling soup. I know I'm still learning how to work this protein thing, and the advice from miniminers on quorn definately seems a good idea- less animal passing through teh system. I must also increase my fish. Did you know that you should try and have 2 meat free days a week (advice from my sister doing a masters in dietetics and no BMJ source to quote!!). I also need to look into cooking pulses as my source of protein. Give me time, I can get there. More importantly is the mind stuff. Every morning I fill out a quick handout which is basically "I am at my desired weight of ______ and I feel _________________" and there is a tip. Then on my way to work I listen to the motivational CD. I also have the book to read, but I'm reading a Happiness book (on my kindle) and "If you eat at the refrigerator Pull Up A Chair" and both are more inspirational, humourous and practical so I'll stick with them til I've them finished (is that cheating?!)

Life in general is ok. I'm dating a nice guy the last few weekends, and I like him. Last night's run- I went alone as JK had the cold/ flu, and used my Christmas iPod- definately motivating! I was slower no doubt but only around 5 mins over 5 miles, which is a minute a mile, a big deal as you get into training, but after an 8 week break, I'm happy enough. It felt good, even if it was bucketing down and it was rush hour.

I got a kindle (belated Christmas present) - WOW! I love it. And somehow in a month I have gone from a technophobe to a techie, I love it! Talk about new year new start!

Kellie, your sounding in a great place at the moment, keep it up, well done on the exercise front especially getting back into the running :D Also Yay to becoming a techie whoop (im not alone anymore hee hee)

x

Hi x
Sounds like its going really well :D x
You ll have to tell us more re the guy you ve been dating, Hope he treats you well xx

End of Week 1 of Project Motivation

While I get weighed officially this evening, I like my morning weigh ins. Last Wednesday I was 12 9.6, this morning I am 12 7.2. So 2.4 pounds.

Not massive folks, not massive. Throw in giving blood and several hunger pangs and I do wonder if this high protein malarkey is all it is cut out to be. But, saying that, my old ways did not work, so 20 weeks of this is worth a try. No, its worth all my energy for another 19 weeks.

As i said before, and I will remind my consultant, 1 lb a week and I'd be happy as long as I am retraining my habits and reducing/ eliminating my binge eating.

On another note, I don't want to go for a run- its too cold!!

2.4lbs is fab, keep it up and if you carried on at that rate you would be around 11.3 in the next 19 weeks xxxx

Well done on the loss Kels. Its really interesting learning about yet another approach to weight loss particularly when its trying to teach you really good new habits. xx

I had my appointment this evening. I told her about teh key points of feeling hungry and we agreed that i could have an extra carb, and we'll see how I weigh in next week. I lost 2% body fat which i apparently great, as most lose water. So I'm losing the good stuff. She also showed me what 3lb looked like.

This week's aim is to start cooking with quorn, and come up with a new vegetable soup.

19 weeks to go.And I hope to be happy, fulfilled and lighter each week.

At the clinic, I regualrly do an assessment of my attitudes and behaviours to determine my mental weight. The questions look at what you eat and when, where you eat, how long it takes to at, your mental attitude to life, to others, yourself. While most overestimate how fat they are, I apparently underestimate. The consultant seemed to initially agree that I may be lying to myself about the weight, but backed down somewhat in that generally I am quite healthy, helped by the exercise, drinking loads of water and taking a wide variety of food. The key areas seem to be portions that are too big, emotional eating and rebelling.
Personally I'm happy that I think myself thinner- after all, it was the whole idea behind this blog- living my life as if I weren't fat.
I do it again in a few weeks so we'll see what happens. Every day I also listen to a CD for a few minutes. There's a book too but I'm not really into it yet.

I got a kindle as a Christmas gift, and one of the first books I downloaded was a book on happiness. The author worked on her happiness for a year. She had a good life and was concerned she didnt appreciate so the year was about focusing on areas to help her realise and appreciate how blessed she was. It was a good learning for me- like how you don;t always have to give out- sometimes there's just no point, or not nagging, using humour more, meeting people more and getting invovled, but most of all Be yourself. There's so much that I'd like to enjoy, but simply don't. I won't enjoy rollercoasters- they freak me out. I love to sit and read, especially somewhere different. I like talking to random strangers. It's very true in my life- I am very blessed in many ways and yet rarely appreciate it, or when I do, my gratitude only lasts moments. So the idea do good feel good, feel good, be good and to be happy act happy both rung true for me. Time for Wednesday to begin, have a good day folks!

Hope you have a good weekend x Well done on your weight loss:D I always enjoy reading your diary and I ve always underestimated how fat I am I was definitely in denial! Not any more though
Speak soon x

Heya, don't knock that loss! It's great!
That books sounds really interesting, it's true that we dont appreciate our lives as much as we could.
Keep up the good work.

My weekend plans went skew wiff! I was meant to go to the gym and then help at a car boot sale. Instead I had a friend send a random text and the day took a bizarre turn. No, not an adventure, more a place to hide out for a day! Still, I am sitting here by the fire, watching come dine with me, and sure who can beat come dine with me- one question though- why haven't the contestants practised cooking the meal before the cameras and 4 strangers arrived!

Food wise, its gone very well. Mainly I have not been hungry which as everyone knows is very important to me.I cooked a big pot of soup, and a pot of red lentil stew (tastes like a good soup). Porridge for breakfast, red lentil stew and 3 pieces of chicken quorn for lunch and now I'm having a banana and babybel light (I have to take protein at all snacks/meals). Should knock back a few glasses of water too actually.

I don't want to go out tonight, I want to just have a restful weekend.

How are you finding the quorn foods? I love them, enjoy your evening in xx

Those meals sound fab. It's always good to have something healthy, warm and filling. I make a couple of soups every week and keep them in the fridge, then there's a decent meal just 3 microwave minutes away.
Hope that you enjoyed your evening in the end :)

Last night, I made wraps for Ems and I, but as she was beginning to hurl (delayed hangover) i ended up eating 2.5, instead of one. I'm not quite sure why as I actually didn't want it, and though i decided twice not to eat it, I didn't get rid, and so it made its way into my mouth.

So today, I didn't feel hungry getting up. I went for a run after the papers (delivered to my bed courtesy of the kindle), and had a banana and a Babybel light and plenty of water. Sunday roast without the gravy and a little scoop of mash potato and roast beef, and I was fine saying no to dessert (no idea folks but I did not miss it) and had a nice coffee instead. Tonight i had red lentil stew with cheese (a little too much actually- i believe my taste buds are changing!!). So I think i compensated for yesterday- fingers crossed. I actually have my tea and protein bar beside me, but you know what, I'm not hungry, and it'd serve me better to have something before the gym tomorrow morning.

Comic boy got in touch, it had been quiet since tues, but somehow i didn't let it annoy me much, i trusted that it's ok to go quiet after a fairly intense 3 weeks, and it was nice getting the message this morning. I like him, but its early days and I'm focusing on enjoying the moments.
I have a short week at work this week- I'm taking my little sister for her operation on her knee and I'm planning a run while we're there (thur- sat). The clinic is near to where I used to live so I know a good long circle I can do. I've never measured it, nor was I able to run when I live there, so I wonder what it'll be like!
I'm off to fill in my food diary and listen to my motivation cd!!

Back