Imitt -

I can confirm that weight loss sadly doesn't wave a magic wand over the rest of your life but it does generally mean better clothes!

Kira is right - And at this stage, I wouldn't even think about this in terms of losing 14 stone. I'd consider losing a stone and set my stats to reflect this. And then... another target of another stone etc and so on and so forth. I think you could be under 20 stone easy pips by the time February is out... and that'd be good wouldn't it? We are usually always around when you're having a weak moment anyway for moral support.

That would be awesome, do you think I could lose that much by then? I don't really no how quickly it should come off to be honest although my cdc has said at first it will be quite quick.

I'm usually on and off forum throughout the day as it helps me even when I'm not wavering but especially when I am! Imitt prepare mentally for doing the vlcd and the bigger picture of longterm and you will achieve the results you want. As GG says small steps are better. I'm not advocating 'cheating' ion cd but if you find you have slipped or chosen to eat then don't eat any more as that's what got you overweight in the first place. Mentally prepare to get straight back on track. You'll have to,do that when you reach your magic target number in any event.

Also have a long chat with your husband and explain how you feel and you need his full support to do this. We're here for you. Also start thinking about Christmas. Are you going to cd all the way through the festive period or will you eat something and avoid carbs etc. start planning now. Use my fitness pal. If I knew all of this when I first started vlcd years ago I'd bee maintaining. I just didn't plan mentally pr physically. X

me too, I have access from work so I'm always sneaking on to have a nose whats going on :D I am definatly trying to get into the right mindset and actually speaking to people on here has helped a lot the past few days, i'm not used to speaking to people who can relate to what dieting is like, if you no what I mean. Oddly you say that because me and hubs had a heart to heart last night and he is behind me 100% and he is now going to try not to cheer me up or make things better with food, I came down this morning to find him putting all of his bad stuff like biscuits and crisps in a bag to take to his office because he's going to be good with me. He also going to the local butchers tonight to get me a supply of chicken and eggs. He is trying but we'll have to see how long it lasts and what will happen when he wants a takeaway.
As for Christmas I try not to think about it most years as I don't like it or tend to celebrate it (bah humbug) but I do have a few parties to go too, i'm doing ss+/810 so I could have a bit of turkey and some veg :sign0137: I hate veg! I don't really want to have a day off as I'm learning from last week that its much harder to get back on the shakes once you've had a few days off.

Myfitnesspal keeps telling me off for not eating enough :D

That's fantastic that you're hubbie is behind you. Also in my opinion doing SS+/810 is a great as doing purely SS is really hell! In other words you are more likely to succeed doing that where you can eat protein and salad/veg when you are in a social environment without giving yourself the psychological torture of thinking you have cheated or failed. As for Christmas I completely admire you for continuing to stick to plan, again turkey and a bit of salad or veg (even though you don't like it) will be fine. You'll find that you will start feeling really good in a couple of weeks (though it depends on the individual as to when you get that in zone or buzz feeling). I do agree that trying to get back on after having gone through the pain of getting into ketosis extremely difficult. Believe I have been there and done it and I really don't recommend coming of plan as it is hell trying to get back on. As GG says you could easily lose a good few stone by Feb if you stick at it but take a week at a time. Put a calendar on your fridge or in the kitchen that you can cross off the days. Each day 100% means you are closer to your first goal. Have a great day!! Btw if your hubbie wants a take away let him have it and remind yourself you will be able to have it (now and again) once you've reached your target. The other suggestion I have again learnt through mistakes don't put a time scale on things. eg. " I want to lose X amount by X date" You are likely to set yourself up for a fail. Better to tick off on the calendar each day you complete. Feeling very excited for you! So want you to succeed.

On day at a time is going to become my mantra I think,
Something is certainly different for me this time, I feel confident this is the right plan for me which is usually a problem for me and I am giving myself credit for things when I usually don't. Today the office is full of fresh cakes and goodies and I don't even feel a little tempted, I am hungry, headachey and tired (only slept 2 hours last night) but I my brain has realised a cake won't change that in fact it would make me worse because I'd feel guilty. A work colleague has just said 'go on, it won't hurt, you can't possibly never have anything nice again' and I sat and thought about it and said that I can have anything I want but I am choosing to do this because getting on a plane is more important then a slice of cake.

Thats a win for me :D

It's great that your husband is on board and being supportive. He absolutely shouldn't buy you sweets/cakes/whatever... it's not a kindness to you at all... it's doing you harm. So brilliant that this finally seems to be sinking in for him.

I'm amazed at the sabotage that others attempt when you're on a diet. My mother is terrible for it! I would definitely think in terms of this diet being a choice for you. So, yes, you could have a cake but you are actively CHOOSING not to - because your long term health is vital and Kit Kats will still be in the shops next year.

Yes, absolutely you could lose that amount if you stick with it. You will see big drops at first - the more you have to lose the bigger the losses. And they will hopefully motivate you to keep going.

I'm looking forward to weigh day and I think that is the first time I have ever said that, EVER!
Today has been good, Still got to have a shake but will do that in a mo, I was a little hungry but that passed after I had my little dinner. On sunday I am going to a Christening but the mum is my best friend/cousin so she will be actively shoo'ing me away from the food if I waver, she wants to be doing cambridge but she is 4 months preggo so she is thinking about doing it after she pops.
Hope everyone has a lovely 100% weekend

Husband is at work, I'm hungry and I'm having a down day. I want to do 'something' that will keep me motivated like a collage or a photo diary or something but I'm have no idea what I could do.

Hi there! Here some suggestions to see if any of these will help but as I don't know what stuff you have to do collage not sure what I can suggest off the top of my head (sorry I can't seem to do a return on this to make it a list). De-clutter your wardrobe, re-organise, plan to de-clutter kitchen other rooms start making list if you don't actually want to do it just yet, go on Pin Interest don't even have to be registered but by googling you can see images of organization stuff (a lot American and great!) for laundry rooms, kitchens, bedrooms shoses, clothes, hangers etc. Have to say that really helped me for a couple of hours as I sipped my hot mug of water (has to be warm can't drink cold!) If you are really struggling go for a little walk. Just getting out of the house can really distract plus it is gentle exercise which hopefully you'll start doing further down the line. If you do have mags cut out images you like be it for housey stuff, clothes you'd like to wear. You can also window interest shop adding stuff to your basket and simply deleting it at the end. I think doing a physical declutter or re-ornganisation thing in the early days is quite good as you use up and stored glycogen stores by being active. If you keep your glass or mug or however you have your water close by that will serve as a reminder you are sticking to your new diet plan. Hope that helps Imitt.

And here are my tips for staying motivated.. By the way, you are NOT hungry and even if you were... you'll live < said with love > Drink some water and stay focussed

1. Make a long list of targets and goals. From very small - losing 2lbs or dropping under a stone or BMI point to bigger goals. What do you want to wear ultimately? Also a list of things you can treat yourself to.. so, as a reward for your loss this week could you treat yourself? No, not to a bag of Minstrels but a nail polish or a lip gloss or a nice hair conditioner? Looking after yourself/treating yourself goes hand in hand with weight loss.

2. Get into a series. Download netflix - month's free trial. I really recommend Breaking Bad or Dexter if you want to really really get into something

3. Read. I can give you plenty of great recommendations for books that will have you hooked.

4. Go for a walk. Yes, bit dull but helps focus the mind

5. Read the stories on here

When is weigh in?

Kira you are a legend, I've been on Pintrest and it is fab, can see me spending a lot of time on that. It has some amazingly motivating diet stuff.
Hows you?

And here are my tips for staying motivated.. By the way, you are NOT hungry and even if you were... you'll live < said with love > Drink some water and stay focussed

Haha that actually made me laugh, your right though I wasn't hungry because I had some water and started stalking pretty things on pintrest and I forgot about it. I also joined twitter and its a bit random, I expect i'll get used to it.
I am a bit of a book worm, I've very recently got into the whole ebook thing so I do have a ton to read, I've also got some cross stitch to get finished.
Weigh in is Wednesday, but My scales are being mean today saying I've gained, I no this is physically impossible so I'm taking no notice.

You're doing great Imitt! I just lurrve Pin Interest. I had no idea what is was and there is all sorts of things on it that distracts me especially re-organizing stuff making lists etc. Spread out your packs over the day and if your danger time is evening make sure you don't use it before then. As GG says that hunger feeling won' kill you yes it's awful and makes us feels jittery and anxious etc we just feel awful because we are so accustomed to over eating. Cross stitch is fab and a great habit/hobby to have instead of munching crisp and the like or whatever we do. Only do the daily weigh in the morning post pee naked roughly at same time if you feel you can handle the ups and downs of the scale. There will always be around a 2 to 3 pound or even more difference from a morning post pee naked weigh to a weigh in later in the day. Ideally morning weigh's are more accurate in my mind. However, its good to go by CDC scale really and try and wear the same clothes each weigh in. Can you tell I am so excited for you!

Hi Imitt - you're getting lots of good advice here from 2 of the best - hope it's helping!
Just take it a little at a time and keeping busy really does work. I don't struggle nearly as much during the week when I'm working than on the weekends when I have more free time and social events!
Hang tough!

I'm so excited but what I have managed today. After the Christening we all went to a pub where we could order our own meals but I didn't have one and neither did hubby, we sat there and watched everyone eat there lush looking food and pudds (well we weren't watching we had the baby so distracted with all the 11week old baby goodness) but I didn't feel tempted or annoyed I couldn't have any, just content to look after the baby and talk to the family as I don't see them often. Someone even commented that i'd lost weight - he is my new favorite person right now :D
I think the real motivation is from the fact that my mum is loaning me, hubby and brother the money so we can go over and see them in Cyprus, It will be my first adult holiday (im 27) and mine and hubbs first holiday together, I'm so nervous about not fitting in the damn plane seat that i'm going to work my arse off (literally)
*whispers* I don't want to jinx it but I think I can do this!

You guys have been truely amazing and I know its only been a few weeks but you've helped me get into the groove and I no you'll help me stay there.

Awh! Imitt I'm so pleased for you! Well done!! You can do this if you really want to and you do! That's the first hard bit out the way. And how fabulous you now have an incentive! Cyprus! Yeah! Brilliant that your husband also didn't have anything now that's really supportive not giving you food treats! Keep ticking off the days you've done and keep posting don't disappear if you do have a blip but I have a feeling you are going to do this 100% which is even better. At 27 you have the rest of your life ahead of you and you don't want to waste it being down about being overweight.

Have a good evening and another day will soon be coming to a close. X

Can only echo Kira. Don't spend years and years of your life overweight..it really is so debilitating, both physically and mentally. When I topped 15 stone I was rather reclusive really. Of course I'd go out but I felt not good about myself. You're a young girl < I'll be patting your head next : ) > and this is ENTIRELY DOABLE. Any wobbles just get straight on here!!

< bossy >

Ok Imitt you'd better take heed of Ms Bossy Boots er! I mean GG. She pulls no punches and straight to the point. I have to say the point I was at I only got to where I am because I read and read read GG's thread. It's quite simple, you want to lose weight stick to plan yup! It's hell but no more hell than being fat an d unhealthy and putting on a brave face. You don't want to gain you HAVE to change lifestyle otherwise you'll gainit all back.

You have your very own personal cheerleaders here! You know I don't think I've read a thread like this and the response and support in this way since I joined minis in 2008! GG's approach has been fresh honest no I mean blunt! That's really what we all need - blunt with ongoing support. X

Imitt - you can do this and you will! It really helps to have an incentive - that is brilliant! When would you and hubby be going to Cyprus?

The plane seat is also a good incentive. Did you know that despite the world's population getting taller and wider, the seats and the spaces between the rows have gotten smaller?!? And the food ... bring your own. :)

When's your next weigh-in? Also great motivators...

Aww thank you for your lovely comments, I think I need blunt this time around - I need people to be honest because the people around me don't tend to be incase they upset me.
I will be going to Cyprus mid April for a week and apparently its cooler out there then and my weigh in is wednesday and i'm very excited about it, my scales this morning said I'd lost another 7lb but its not official until wednesday but i'd be chuffed at, aiming for 8lbs then it will be a stone in 2 weeks.
Its busy at work, taken about 3 hours to write this so will catch up on diaries tonight.

You're doing fab! You could potentially lose 4 stone if you stick 100% to CD by April or at the very least 3stone I would have they. CD or should I say CWP say an average of a stone a month. The first month you'll lose the most. Just keeping glugging that water (obviously don't go overboard on it either just drink the amount CD recommend.

Tickets are booked and we are flying out in a little under 4 months. I'm in ketosis, I was actually going to ask about water I am drinking about 3lts throughout the day but I always have a dry month, is that normal?

Back