Imitt -

Ok Imitt you've had GG's tough love and now it's my turn but only because you have asked. Firstly I absolutely feel for you and I say that with genuine care because although this is a virtual place I know there is real person at the other end who is feeling desperately low. Sadly I had a feeling that you were heading for a fall and I think you "choice" of chicken chow mein despite being home cooked and lower in calories led to this fall. Try to put into action the suggestions I have made previously. If you are finding CD hard then have chicken dry cooked or stir fried with a spray of 1 cal oil. Or cottage cheese etc. Whatever is allowed on 810. Go over in your head how you were feeling after you felt sick with the shakes you didn't like, ask yourself why did you choose to cook chicken chow mein with noodles and not just the chicken alone? I believe it was calculated decision to have chicken chow mein as you actually made the effort to cook it because you wanted it and then eat it. It wasn't as if it was there and you suddenly were overcome with a binge urge and you ate whatever happened to be there (I've done that many a time). You must question yourself as you only have to answer to yourself. No one else and certainly not the virtual people here including me! If you can do CD for 3 weeks I believe you have it in you to do it for longer albeit with a back up of planned allowed foods to take you to 810 when you feel like caving in and also with counselling as per GG's suggestion. Whilst I may not have had as much to lose as you I DO understand the comfort eating, the eating to take the pain away, the addiction to the soporific effect of carbs such as pasta, rice, pizza, bread etc. Try and stick to CD as if your life depends upon it and sadly in one respect it does. If CD is not the right plan try my fitness pal and record your calories so you can have the foods you feel you are deprived of on CD. One of the things that helped me to distract myself (usually when I am at home) is I googled before and after weight loss pics on tumblr and they are both interesting and helpful. I don't subscribe to you tube but one day I stumbled across two American women who I found inspirational not in terms of their weight loss alone but there attitude. These women were both morbidly obese. Google Divaslimsdown and Amanderson1979. I've seen a few others but these two I continue to follow now and again and I guess I should subscribe. They have taken a few years to lose the weight but every time I felt like stuffing myself I though of these two ladies who not only watched what they ate but included lots of exercise. From walking to home fitness videos. No fancy gyms or trainers. You have to want to really lose weight more than you want to eat the food. You need to work on you mental status as you go. This time for me I have got to this stage because I re-read my old journals, identify where I went wrong last time. I didn't not mentally prepare myself nor change my attitude towards food which is I have to eat less food and be mindful of what I eat and exercise. In one respect very simple but I know in reality it isn't. You must analysis your thoughts and emotions to give you the mental strength you need to continue your weight loss journey. Ask yourself do you really mean it?

Hi IMITT, I can relate you the posts you made up to your chow neon incident. Last time I tried CD I was gagging and couldn't get the shakes down (even though I could at first). I do think it is mind over matter as I can now tolerate them again, however I too fell off the wagon and put on more than a stone than I was when I first started.

It sounds like you do want to do this as you came on here and asked for help. And it sounds like you haven't fallen face first into the cake.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you (if I did, I'd be 10 stone by now!). The best advice I have is if you want to eat, try and stick to the allowable foods list. I have eaten so many eggs and cottage cheese lately! Probably more than I should, but at least it wasn't the sandwiches and crisps :)

Good luck IMITT, you can do this. Just one step at a time x

Nicki :hug99:

Wise words, very wise words, from GG and Kira already. I think you're doing what so many of us do, over and over again. And that's the whole, "I've blown it, I'm so stupid, 'they're' right I'm a failure, I'm useless, I deserve to be overweight, I might as well eat everything in the cupboards/fridge/supermarket" vicious circle thing. And it truly is a vicious circle in every sense of those words because so many of us repeat it over and over again, go around and around. Strict diet - slip - binge - gain weight - self-loathing - strict diet - slip - binge...

If I had the definitive answer to fixing this, I promise you I'd share it. I'd shout it from the rooftops, plaster lamp-posts with flyers, take out adverts in national newspapers. Strap myself to the wings of an aeroplane and get the pilot to write it across the sky!

Bizarrely, I think one of the secrets is actually to stop expecting absolute perfection of yourself. Don't know about you, but whenever I embark on a diet, I try to do it perfectly. Follow the rules to the letter, measure everything, stand on the scales every morning willing them to move - and immediately assuming I've done something wrong when they don't budge. And if I slip and eat something not on the plan, the sense of guilt at having messed up, at having spoilt that ridiculous 'perfection', overwhelms all rational thought and usually I go on to eat a whole load of stuff that really messes things up! The trick to dieting, it seems, is not being perfect. It's about holding your nerve at the tipping point, the moment when you've had something you "shouldn't have had" - and pausing long enough to decide that you'll just put the blip behind you. To carry on as though that blip never happened.

I've seen it in someone's signature around here - a Japanese proverb:

"Fall down seven times, get up eight."

If you get this diet - any diet - right more than you get it wrong, you will lose weight. Maybe not as quickly as you'd like but it'll work. But you have to commit to keeping going, no matter what. Food can never fix things for longer than about the twenty minutes it takes to regret eating it. You do deserve to feel better than you feel now. You don't have to keep on doing what you've always done.

:bighug:

I have to say I totally agree with the previous comments, I think now is crunch time.

As a person who has been morbidly obese i am going to repeat a stark message my GP said to me....

You have 4 choices:

1. You choose a diet and make a personal commitment to losing weight; or

2. have tablets prescribed that will repel fat out of your body - that means you are likely to have fat seeping out of your pores and you will probably have to wear incontinence pants; or

3. if that doesn't work, you could have a referral for a gastric band surgery which will result in you not being able to eat a normal meal for the rest of your life; or

4. you gamble dying young.

It really is YOUR choice - was the chow mien really worth it???

Can only echo the others.

The odds are not in your favour regarding a long life you know. I know that sounds awful but the risk of diabetes/heart disease/gall stones/high blood pressure will be high for you. They were high for me at 15 stone - I could feel my knees hurting and I had constant heartburn. The loss of one stone stopped that. So... this all being relative ... the loss of one stone then another then another etc.. will take you further away from the high risk stuff. You say you are unable to do much housework purely because of your weight. You're an intelligent woman... life is for living.PLEASE try and make the changes.

I was in a car accident this afternoon. I wrote off my car and I broke my nose and some teeth and came home from the surgery to a vomiting 5 year old who is still awake and unwell now. My father is terminally ill and my mum had a scan for cancer today < luckily clear > - they were both involved in a serious car accident 7 weeks ago and hospitalised.... I tell you this because I think I have had a stressful run of things lately and am proof that you can still control your eating. I love my life and I will always strive to improve it and maximise my chances. PLEASE DO THE SAME!

Morning Nicki,I hope you will be reading posts this morning. It's a new day, and you can make a new start. Please, please use the support you have here. I really want to help you if you really want to help yourself.

Morning Nicki, I'm not giving up on you..... Not just yet.

Please read Ali Gal's journey on a vlcd called Alizonne. She started off around 21st it's called "120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening". It is a vlcd same principles as many others except it is supervised by doctors and they do ultrasound treatments etc for loose skin. Very expensive. I'm not suggesting you do that but suggesting to read Ali's journey who like you had a large amount of weight to lose. You know already Christy who has posted here has also lost a large amount on CD and she is now in the 14's.

Im hoping you will be re-inspired and "get" the mindset change towards a food,choices and portions so you can at least make some changes to slowly make a difference.

I am not perfect and I've got it wrong so many times and I continue to learn and try to change my eating habits as I go along. Drawing inspiration from those who succeed and are succeeding and keep going at it is how e can move forward and succeed ourselves.

I do hope you will read it and come back to give it another shot.

Morning Nikki

I do hope you are still with us and continuing your journey.

I was thinking about you this morning and thinking about how I felt 5 months ago when I started CD, I remember feeling that losing 9 stone was an impossible undertaking. I was reading all these diaries of people who had lost 4-5 stone and part of me hoped that would be me in the future but if I am honest I didn't think I had it in me to do it - it simply felt too much for me to hope for.

On the advice of someone on here I decided that I'd just try and get 2 stone off, then I'd reevaluate what I wanted to do. I have only ever thought as far ahead as my next weigh in and I would by one nice item of clothing a size smaller than I was.

I have had slip ups, by each time I climb back on the wagon and keep chipping away. 5 months on I find myself just under 3 stone off target and feels a lot more do-able than the original 9 stone!

I flew out to Amsterdam in June when I was 21 stone and I managed to get the seat belt fastened, like you I was terrified I wouldn't be able to do it; your dreams and goals are achievable, as Adam said you just need to believe! Give it a shot, there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I'm rooting for you :) xxxx

Morning Nicki. It's w new week and I hope you'll join us to give things another go? I had a STS and I'm going to be strict with the calories and decided that I would try a 100% vlcd day and have 4 SnS packs today and hopefully over next few days with a view to completing a week.

So for me it will be like starting vlcd all over again as I have been re-feeding for a couple of weeks. I hope you will come back and give it a go.

Happy New Year Nicki! I know you mentioned you didn't really celebrate Christmas but I hope you enjoyed time with friends and family over the holidays anyway.

Remember you can come back and join your friends here at Minis any time. Many of us are starting the hard slog to shift the weight gained over the festive season.

Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for all the messages and secondly sorry for disappearing off the face of minimins earth, after a few majorly bad diet weeks and a couple of personal problems I've basically spent the year so far comfort eating my lost 18lbs back on.

I'm back because - well I have my internet back but mainly because I'm at my lowest point, i'm in a cruddy state of mind and I have to get on a plane in less than 2 months but if I can have a little success when I'm done maybe the next disasters won't knock me on my bum quite so spectaculay.

My main problem is that I can't afford to do cambridge anymore, I've got about a weeks worth left and I've got a few slim & shakes (but they're a bit grim)
So I haven't really figured out when to do!

Morning Imitt. Sorry to hear you have had a tough time and gained the 18 lbs you lost. It is scary how quickly we can regain weight once we take our eye off the ball. If you have Cambridge and s&s packs left but can't afford to do either of these plans then my suggestion would be to use these packs as per the respective plans and in the meantime "plan" whether" you will calorie count or do a ketogenic diet plan so that you remain in ketosis. However, whichever plan you choose ie. with real food you still need to work our your budget to spend on food per week. I actually think S&S may possibly cost the same as "real food" if you sit and work out the costs. Obviously if it doesn't then you will still have to plan what you are going to have. I hope that makes sense!

Hi Imitt, how are you doing? Have you tried to do a budget for real v versus S&S or CD? Even cutting out bread, pasta and rice and potatoes would be a start and you'd lose some weight.

Back