Imitt -

You need to tell yourself - until your brain accepts it - that you need to give over a year of your life at leas to sorting this out. You need to halve your body weight to be close to 'healthy weight.' You cannot do this in a few weeks or months... you need to be in it for the long haul. Or you will make yourself even more unwell than you probably already are.

Don't waste more years of your life to this when you can sort it out. You don't want to get to 40 or 50 and have had a life of struggling.

We can't do this for you though, through sheer force of will. YOU have to do it. And throwing in the towel after 3 weeks means... what? Another re start in a month's time? You need to dig deep girl

Imitt said:
I met with my CDC last night and she was lovely as ever, welcoming me back after me previous (short lived) attempts. I have gained another 2 stone since then taking to me 24stone at least its a nice round number! We set my first target of 10% by Christmas, she is confident I will smash this but I'm not so sure especially if my previous attempts are anything to go by.
I have to remember that although this diet is tough and i'm going to be miserable, life is tough and I am miserable anyway at least with being miserable on a diet i'm making some changes and there is a light at the end on the tunnel. I also need to remember that most of my 'cravings' are in my head, last time I was well into ketosis but I needed to eat and I caved into that, this is what i need to manage. Hopefully doing my uni work in the evenings will distract me from this.

I thought i'd start a diary just to keep track or maybe a blog which i can make pretty. Anyway day one is going ok but then its only 10am, I'm lucky this time around are i'm in a better job, before i was in a call centre. Now i'm in a lovely office with lovely people and lovely minimins access :D which will be good when it starts to get tough. I'm looking forward to trying the new coconut shake, going to half it with a chocolate shake and see how much like a bounty it is.

Imitt - I have been following your journey but sitting on the fence because you have great people spurring you on and I didn't think I had anything more to add. However, I feel I need to say something.

1. I have quoted your first post to try and remind you why you are doing this. "at least I am miserable on a diet and doing something about it" - yes you are and doing well!! Please re-read your words to remind you of your motivation to do CD.

2. You say you have tried this diet and it only lasts a few weeks. Forgive me if I am wrong but this really sounds to me like history repeating itself and you giving up after a few weeks again? Please dig deep and try and change the diet cycle once and for all :)

3. I know exactly what it's like to be 20 something stone and wearing large clothes with no self esteem. It crushes you and leaves you feeling like a young woman trapped in a big body that causes you to feel frumpy, breathless and downright poorly.

You need to decide if this time you really want to lose the weight and improve your health and start living life to the full - if you do - grab it with both hands and make it happen. This weight loss can only happen if YOU want it hard enough.

I promise you that you will feel like a different woman when you get your weight below 20 stone...if I can do this I am bloody sure you can!!! Yes I have my slip ups, I don't pretend to be perfect but I want to be a healthier person so I will live long enough to see my son grow up - I am damn sure you have people in u'r life who u want to grow old with. If u can't do it for u, do it for them.

I won't apologise for being brutal because it is me being honest and I KNOW YOU HAVE IT IN YOU TO BEAT THIS!!!

I am here if you need to talk anything through xx

Thanks GG - its not an easy journey for any of us is it?

You've done brilliantly and always give fantastic advice :)

Well they do say the diet is the easy part...keep the faith! It's going to be a learning curve over the next few months until you find your stride :) if anybody can do it you can :) x

Well, me scarfing a load of Thornton's chocolates this weekend is not going to inspire success in anyone BUT I am over that now and feel fine and normal once more : )

How's tricks IMITT?

Hello Lovelies,
Thank you soooo much for your posts, you all hit the nail on the head in one way or another and they definitely helped me stay on track this weekend. I did feel better today but no right, not like before. Anyway I think its SS'ing - its the only thing thats changed since then so i'm going to go back to ss+ because I think that little bit of food really helped me stay on track and stay positive.
Weigh in was good, I lost 8lbs so thats 18lb in 3 weeks, sounds a lot when I say it like that. I think its the most I've ever lost on a diet plan. So I am still ploddin along, still 100% just a bit down but Its not the diet just life in general I think, my new filofax arrived today and my new phone, so I'm gong to be playing with those, trying to organise myself. :D thanks again for your support, I promise to catch up with diaries tomorrow xxxx

8lbs is a super good loss. And you're three weeks in! Aim for a loss of 5 next week - you can do this you know

And you'll be more down if you cave in now. So keep that in your mind

Put some ideas in your Filofax , polish the kitchen sink and disinfect your kitchen sides - I promise you'll have an enormous sense of well being after!

Well maybe not ' enormous ' but every little helps yeah ?

What were your losses the week you last did SS plus ? Compared to this week when you have SS only ?

Bear this in mind! Can you consider a day on and a day off re SS Ing? I'm just thinking about you and trying to help you shift this weight ASAP - would love to see you under 20st - and with help and support I think you can do it

Imitt A fab loss well done for not caving in. It will be so worth it. If you can do the odd SS that would probably boost your losses but if you need to do SS+ just to keep you from wavering and caving in then do that. Combining the two would be fine. Can you tell all the posters on this thread are willing you to stick with it so you can succeed? You have not just support but complete frankness and that is really important.
Keep going!

Brilliant loss, well done! :clap:

SS+ may well be a better plan for you. It'll make half a pound difference a week, if that. Well worth it if it helps to keep you sane!

So glad you're going to keep going! :winner:

I read this post as I was struggling on the train home, and think you're doing excellently IMITT - totally impressed with how you're doing, and know you can do this. Everyone here seems so supportive, and I think that's half the battle :)

Well done on your loss so far! You're doing so well! Looking forward to keeping up with how well you do x

The honesty of everyone's posts probably kept me on track, i'm glad I stayed on plan even if I did spend the weekend miserable and crying.
SS+ last week was 4lb but it was a *week and I was retaining water so cdc thinks it played a big part in the scales. I think I'm going to alternate days, I mean at the moment I'm hungry but not enough to go raid the fridge, I'm certainly in ketosis but it doesn't seem to be dimming the hunger, my tummy rumbles constantly so I don't think its in the head.

:hug99:I really do appreciate all your support xx

Another thing you should do is sit down and really think about why you want to lose weight - and write all those reasons down. Copy them, put a copy in your purse, one on your bathroom mirror...wherever you will see it frequently.

My reasons included: preventing diabetes 2, improving cholesterol and other blood measures, doing things I had given up (sailing, horse-back riding), doing things I was afraid to try because of my weight, shopping for clothes in normal size shops, ..... you get the drift. It really does help keep you focused, at least it did me. Losing weight to look better wasn't enough of a reason - there needed to be more than the cosmetic for me.

Stick with it - you're doing very well! Remember, you can't fail if you don't quit - so don't.

Hello everyone, another busy day at work so not had a chance to jump on much, I'm having a bad week and its only Tuesday.
I did some measuring this morning and it says I have lost 7inches from my waist, It doesn't sound right to me because nothing is lose clothing wise. I've also have a problem - Money - the finances were already stretched and we've just had another blow of now owing the tax man a stupid amount of money so I honestly don't no what to do diet wise, got to wait for hubby to call them.

Ok practical advice here. If CD is working out expensive then look at the alternative vlcd Slim & Save and compare overall prices. Then compare the Slim Save prices to what you would normally spend on the food you usually eat and I think you will find out that S&S will work out less cost wise than you're usual shopping bill. You have to be brutally honest when you list you usual food items and drinks consumed by you both (pre you doing CD). I actually think even CD over the month would be similar to a shopping bill for two at the supermarket and that's including McDonald's etc. We all have to eat to live so somewhere in our budgets we find £X amount for that and you will if you give up CD. I have to be brutally honest but are you looking for an excuse to give up CD/vlcd? A rhetorical question really because it's a question you have to ask and answer yourself. x

Hi

Just want to say I echo Kira's advice - plus remember it's not fancy gym membership/personal trainer fees - CD is your FOOD. No tax man or reputable debt recovery agency would expect you to stop eating to pay a bill. As a single mum I had to carefully consider the CD cost versus my normal food shop and CD is cheaper, I have saved at least £30 a week on my old shopping bill.

Be completely realistic with yourself and keep up the good work :) xxx

Who owes the tax man? You or hubby? Is the tax bill your fault? Why hasn't money been set aside to pay the tax bill? (God, I'm a nosy cow! :)). Hubby will have to stop ordering takeaways, won't he? ;)

Honestly, we always save money when I'm on Cambridge - for 2 reasons. One, because when I'm not on the diet I can get through an awful lot of junk (I will of course address that!) and two, cos my OH doesn't buy as much cr*p because of feeling guilty that I can't eat it. OH gets much healthier when I'm Cambridging.

Don't be coerced into giving up if you can possibly help it!

Last edited:
I haven't actually sat down to work out the finances that is tonights plan, worst comes to worse i'll move up to the 1000 plan and the supplement with slim and save (which are vile) but i'm not giving up, its working and quickly.
Its my tax thing, I had a rebate a few months ago and now they've decided that actually it was an error and I have to pay it all back and then some, .
I have saved a bit of money since starting cambridge because I used to buy 2 maybe 3 (sometimes more) takeaways a day and every 1lb i lose I'm putting £1 away. I have some things I can trim down like lovefilm and magazine subscriptions and hubbs said he'll help and in a few months a loan is up so i'll have an extra £50 a month so its a temporary thing,

Back