in need of some advice

Jack_D

Hi everyone,

I am going away for 4 days and 3 nights tomorrow, to Butlins we are going bed breakfast and evening meal.

Now would you come off the plan or not bearing in mind, there is going to be lots and lots of drinking involved.

look forward to hearing your replys

Jack_D

Hello,

The most important thing is that you enjoy yourself!!

I wouldnt come off the plan myself, i would still enjoy myself but make sure i still felt like i was in control by knowing exactly what i have and havent had and syning it.

You'll most likely find yourself following the plan / making healthier choices without even realising your doing it!! Just remember the little things like diet drinks and stuff and you'll be fine. You can be as 'naughty' as you like as long as you will be okay if you gain a couple of lbs when you get back.

Hope this helps
Jess
xx

I'd go for damage limitation! Personally I don't wouldn't come off plan it's a note to self to just eat anything & just think how bad you'll feel knowing over a short space of time how easy it was to gain xlbs.

What I normally do is, eat within the plan at all times:cool: But just enjoy the drink & don't bother with the syns.

Have a lovely time :D

personally I would:

Eat to plan as near to 100% as physically possible
Use my syns for drink, making use of diet mixers
Take some emergency supplies for the chalet (mugshots, cous cous, fruit, alpen lights)
Plan to do LOADS of activities to make up any extra syns on drink- go swimming with the kids, lots of walking, running, dancing

Have a good time

xxxx

I would personally keep a track of all your syns and try your best to eat as 'free' as possible! As others have said try and go for the lower syn drinks eg gin/vodka with diet mixers- have a few wines as well if you can afford them! Ooh yes, some emergency supplies for the chalet is a great idea for if you're peckish after the night out! It's better that you are having the evening meals provided because the choice in the main section is all chippies and burger bars! Why don't you aim to maintain rather than lose- better than putting on-and make sure you dance your socks off at the end of the night in Jumpin Jaks to burn off a few syns!! I went on a hen weekend in Minehead Butlins last year- we had a great laugh, we did find the wipeable mattresses on the beds a bit strange, until we realised they were there for a reason- urrghh!!X

hiya! hoping you will get a notification for this, just wondering how you got on? im going butlins minehead on monday, ive been a few times before but wasnt on sw then.

i dont drink anyway so i wont have to worry about that, but how did the food go? ive got morning breakie and dinner package. i have a 2 and 3 year old so there will be LOADS of running about! (specialy when they run off in different directions!)

im so close to my target that i just dont want to have a week off!
im going with a friend who is also on sw. shes going to stick to the food, but she drinks so has accepted a maintain or gain week.

anyway hope you get to read this! any advice welcome :) xxx

When I used to go we used to take prepared food with us for luchtime, my mum would cook a shepards pie or quiche, maybe you could take a couple of sw recipes already cooked. You can easily stick to plan at breakfast, lunch is taken care of and try to make sensible choices for dinner, but you will have your syns to use as you wont need them for alcohol. I woulndt worry about being rigid , just enjoy your break away and with all that swimming and exercise with the kids you will be ok. enjoy.

we booked last minute so only have a room with bathroom and kettle, else i definatly would have taken some meals. i am going to take some mug shots- my little ones will need a nap at midday to keep up with the evening shows, so will eat those then. other than than i cant think what else i can take!

ive read online there are jacket potatoes and salad bar- so i shall be there most nights- breakfast will be hard with these fry ups tempting me- if only they had industrial size fry light!!!!! haha! o well. i will enjoy myself and il try my best to choose healthily! thanks! x

hiya! hoping you will get a notification for this, just wondering how you got on? im going butlins minehead on monday, ive been a few times before but wasnt on sw then.

i dont drink anyway so i wont have to worry about that, but how did the food go? ive got morning breakie and dinner package. i have a 2 and 3 year old so there will be LOADS of running about! (specialy when they run off in different directions!)

im so close to my target that i just dont want to have a week off!
im going with a friend who is also on sw. shes going to stick to the food, but she drinks so has accepted a maintain or gain week.

anyway hope you get to read this! any advice welcome :) xxx

Welcome to my area of the world! i'm impressed you are planning ahead. I've got to admit I'm a bit strict with myself - but thats me - I've got a lot of weight to lose.

If I was planning a trip like this I would take plaently of fruit and snacky things like alpen light bars for me to nibble on when the kiddies are playing! There is a supermarket very close walking distance to Butlins in Minehead and the town is also within walking distance if you need to stock up on any healthy goodies, best of luck and enjoy yourself! x

thanks for advice, i will jot down any low syn snacks and get them tomorrow, my friend has decided to completly let go now!!! so thats going to be even harder to stick, but im pretty determind these days! just looking forward to a lil break, the boys are going to be so happy!

thanks!! xx

Back