In the news - Woman dies from drinking too much water

along the same lines of tragedy, and not diet related at all ((just showing it isnt just "these crazy diets" that are the problem:

just as the Wii was released, a local radio station in my hometown in california (sacramento) held a contest: Hold Your Wee For A Wii!

Whoever held it the longest (having to drink water in that short time span) got the Wii. well, one participant was giving it a go for her kids (i think she had 3 young ones?). anyway, she went home later that evening not feeling very well and died from having consumed too much water in such a short time. Such a tragedy, especially when the media released a photo of her with all her kids. ((she was quite thin as well!)) but shame for her family.

i think during the competition, a nurse phoned the DJs who were holding the competition and made a comment on air saying that people can die from this and the contest should be stopped! The DJs just said: well, they all signed a waiver. (?!?!?) and laughed at the nurse as though she was coo-coo.

in the end, the DJs were slapped on the wrist as punishment and the station was fined.

such a shame!!!

Dis - that's awful! Disgraceful even ... the attitude of the DJ's repulses me.

:(
That is a shame.
Little and often is the best way with water.
I try for 3litres per day

Back