Inconsistent CDC advice?

Angela83

Silver Member
Maybe inconsistent is the wrong word maybe it's simply just differences of opinion.

Surely all CDC's get the same training but then again they all have different experiences (see how tactful Im trying to be?!-wouldnt want to offend anyone!!)

Anyway my CDC is advising I loose my last stone more slowly by moving up the plans-I'm happy with this. Its just that some people SS it all the way to goal or move up when their BMI is less than 25 and I just wondered if one way was better?

Nobody should be letting clients SS all the way to goal-under 25 BMI you have to move up the plans, however you can move up earlier if you want to.

You can ss all the way to goal you just can't start ss if your BMI is 25 + 1st....or maybe that's just something someone else on here said...I'm confused now! lol.

Surely all CDC's get the same training but then again they all have different experiences

I guess training has not necessarily been the same. Training will have changed in accordance with the changes in the NICE guidelines. Of course, all CDCs will have been informed, but I guess it's whether they read the info sent.

Anyway my CDC is advising I loose my last stone more slowly by moving up the plans-I'm happy with this. Its just that some people SS it all the way to goal or move up when their BMI is less than 25 and I just wondered if one way was better?

Nobody should SS or even SS+ if they are BMI25 or below.

810 is the lowest you can go at that point.

Moving up the plans is good, though staying at 810 until goal can also work :)

I have a similar kind of question, I use my scales first thing in the morning as they are right and I weigh first thing in the morning. My cdcs scales weigh me 4 lbs heavier and add on a few lbs as she weighs me in the evening. So I will be half a stone heavier on hers. I want to move up the plans when I'm 12 stone 6 on my scales, but she wants me to move up when I'm 12 6 on her scales, so 12 on mine. I'm more than happy to stay on ss until her scales say I'm 12 6, will it do much harm to still ss for that final little bit? I am happy either way really, just curious.

DO we really weigh more of an afternoon?

I WI around 5pm every tuesday mind you all balances out in the end dont it

I retain water throughout the day and meals take a while to digest I assume. I can weigh half a stone more at the end of the day on my scales than I do in the morning, but I drink about 5 liters of water.

Yeah i drink loads too although 4 litres not your 5 i'd be well bloated lolol

I'll carry on of an evening x

I too always weigh more in the evening than I do in the morning by about 3 lbs

Back