Independence Day Challenge!!

Aww Witchy. That's not good - they sound pretty insensitive! I doubt she's going to be up for doing a test considering.

With the porridge I think it's okay, as long as I put a teaspoon of another flavour with it, like toffee and walnut. Not as nice as the tetras though, so I don't bother. Also don't have the flavourings, but that's only because I only like water anyway even when not dieting.

I have just bought some for my friend though who isn't even doing the diet, but loves the flavourings - so they must be good! Some people make ice lollies with them in the summer.

I am not keen on the bars and find they ache my jaw. Not the best person to ask really as I only have choc tetras lol.

I had my WI today and lost another 3lbs! Am pleased, but need to get into the 12's by tomorrow. On the plus side I tried on some old dresses and they now all fit so am in a good mood.

Also got my slendertone finally. It feels very strange! Hopefully it will work though. Am going to combine it with x-trainer as well as when I'm just sat on my backside doing nothing.

Hope your daughter is okay Witchy x

Well done watergirl on the 3lbs!
Witchy what are schools like, my daughters school seems to be the opposite, my daughter only has to sneeze and I get a call to come and collect her! Hope your daughter is ok.

Hope your daughter s OK Witchy. Can't believe the school are callous enough to make a little girl sit through an exam in pain!!:mad: Hats off to you for drinking 6litres of water. I struggle with 4!
Well done on the 3lbs Watergirl and in getting into your dresses!
I went on the toning tables today, I was surprised at how well they worked the muscles. I am really going to ache tomorrow!
Has anyone got plans for the weekend?

Thanx guys she is fine and hope been told to keep up and rest it, airline fracture and badly bruised, ooohhh she is milking it today thought bless her.

OO will have to ask about flavourings I dont know about those.

Well done with WI watergirl xx

Fatfighter i love toning tables been trying to find some round here, not been on them for years though, would love to find some though.

I don't even know what a toning table is lol.
Thanks for the congrats everyone.

I am going to my BF's family this weekend, as it's his Grandad's birthday and then it's my birthday on Sunday so going over to see Parents and hopefully getting some nice pressies :) what's everyone else up to?

I would like to join. I don't start CD till 2moro but would love to have lost 28lbs by 4th July.

Good luck to us all!!

Welcome mumto4 and good luck!

Aww bless her Witchy. There's 3 different water flavourings, orange, summer fruits and vegetable. The fruit ones taste like weak squash and apparently the veg one is made with hot water and tastes like stock. Think they cost about £6 each.
Have a lovely weekend and a very happy birthday watergirl.
Welcome and good luck mumto4 :)
MiL is trying to persuade me to do the race for life on 5th July. I want to do it but not sure if it's practical whilst on this diet. Has anyone ever done it? Is it possible do ya reckon? I'll ask my CDC's opinion at WI on Monday but just wondered if anyone had already done it.

Thanks Vickie.

Never done it...wouldn't want to race for life and lose mine in the process!

Think you can walk it though, so a gentle walk would be fine with maybe an extra shake if you feel you need it.
It's an admirable thing to do :)

im doing the race for life!! we all have so much in common, we should all meet up when we get to goal, how fab would that be??
josh is much better today, spent the day getting spoiled by grandparents:rolleyes:
well, i wi on wii fit as my scales are a bit dodgy and cdc in NYNY, and it says ive lost 5lb:confused::confused:
well, im very happy but im sure you all guessed that:D
have a good bday, fellow gemini;) watergirl, we have tooo much in common, lol!!
tc
tx

I'm a Taurus lol! All of my best friends throughout my life have been Geminis bizarrely.

Wow 5lbs that would be lovely :) well done.

Hey everyone! Very sorry I haven't been in here the last two days, been so busy with revision and A-levels. Not to mention the fact I've had mock exams as well, so been up to my ears in books and past papers the past few days. Can't wait for 15th June to be over and no more exams!
Glad to hear everyone is getting on so well! You're all doing brilliantly. I feel awful for saying this but I may as well confess, I slipped up last night and had a piece of ham. I've been 100% until now, and I have no idea why I did it. Loads of other days I've felt huge cravings for food, but I haven't touched a thing, and last night I was fine, I just saw it and ate it. Really strange. After beating myself up about it all last night and this morning, I've decided to put it behind me and move on though. Funny thing is, CD is clearly engraved in my mind, because I peeled off the fatty bits when I was eating it and put them in the cat bowl lol, always trying to stick to protein only!

Apologies for next paragraph, food mentioned ***
Anyone else find it weird thinking about what they haven't eaten since they started CD? I was talking to a friend today about how I haven't eaten anything other than the shakes etc since starting CD, (except the dreaded ham), and she was like, "Really?! So you haven't eaten cheese, pasta, bread, potatoes, rice, meat, fish, any fruit, any vegetables, chocolate, no coke, no alcohol, nothing?!" And I was like nope!
When she put it like that, it just made me feel really proud of myself, and everyone on minimins too in fact, that we've all managed to give up so much. This diet isn't easy at all, it is no quick fix despite what people might think, and everyone has done so brilliantly. I think it's helped me realise that I don't need chocolate and junk food etc, because since going on SS I haven't craved any of that sort of stuff, I've craved REAL healthy food, and it makes me think that all the stuff I ate before was so unneccessary. I've felt so much better since doing CD, healthier and more energised, I don't need a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps to feel good anymore, because this feels SO much better. I really am looking forward to getting onto maintenance and making the right, healthy choices in my lifestyle :)

Anyway, sorry that went on for far too long lol, I'll update the list! :D

Luci-de-Milo - 25lbs - 5lbs lost, 20 to go
Sarette - 25lbs - 4lbs lost, 21lbs to go
Alexmummy07 - 19lbs 3 1/4lbs lost, 15 3/4lbs to go
Cat Bee - 28lbs - 5lbs lost, 23lbs to go
Water Girl - 28lbs 3lbs lost, 25lbs to go
Trisha - 10 lbs
Scojos - 16lbs
Issywissy42 - 28lbs 9lbs lost, 19 to go
Thelma - 25lbs 1lb lost, 24 to go
Fatfighter - 28lbs 5lbs lost 23 to go
Mia- 28lbs
Cooky888 - 28lbs
Fatgirlslims - 28lbs
Witchy - 28lbs 10 lbs lost, 18 to go
Fenix - 25lbs 1lb lost, 24 to go
Leahtm - 28lb
Shlinz - 28lbs
RuthG - 30lbs
Mumto4 - 28lbs

Scojos, let me know if you want your Wii weigh in to be added to the list :)

Keep it up everyone! Tomorrow I will announce the ID challenge Slimmer of the Week :D xxxxx

That's my worry too watergirl lol.
Scojos 5lbs is amazing, well done!!
Good for you getting straight back on with SS Luci. I generally only crave healthy food too, odd huh?

Heard this quite today, seemed really pertinent to me when I have wobbly moments
"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all"
I also have Miley Cyrus' song The Climb on my ipod constantly just lately coz I find it so motivating!

hi can i do the independance day challenge aswell.i want to lose 30lbs. well done all of you for your great losses. im on day 2 and am not finding it that bad.got my first weigh in on monday after only 5 days.am looking forward to seeing what i have lost.
good luck everyone and keep up the good work xxx

I have A-levels in 4 weeks and even my parents aren't bothered!

Hi Luci speaking as a parent of a daughter doing A levels I am sure they are bothered, I know I am about my daughter, will she get the grades etc I know how hard she is working, but they are probably trying not to put extra pressure on you by fussing about the exams

Last edited:
sorry not been on much past few days my daughter hsa been using comp for A level revison, and I've been at the gym then catching up with housework. diet not going too well exercsiisng makes me so hungry and as I've been doing 810 found it hard not to eat extras, back on ss+ tomorrow though so should be better. well done everyone on their losses

Trisha - 10 lbs
Scojos - 16lbs
Mia- 28lbs
Cooky888 - 28lbs
Fatgirlslims - 28lbs
Leahtm - 28lb
Shlinz - 28lbs
RuthG - 30lbs
Mumto4 - 28lbs
miss_mallow-28lbs

Trisha - 10 lbs
Scojos - 16lbs 5lbs lost, 11 to go
Mia- 28lbs
Cooky888 - 28lbs
Fatgirlslims - 28lbs
Leahtm - 28lb
Shlinz - 28lbs
RuthG - 30lbs
Mumto4 - 28lbs
Miss_mallow - 28lbs
Fatandfedup - 30lbs

Welcome miss_mallow, we'll do our best to support you all the way to Independence Day :)

Fatandfedup, you are also more than welcome to join! The first week can be difficult but push through it, it gets so much easier, and the losses more than make up for it :) Well done to you for sticking with it, you and miss_mallow are both in your first week and hopefully can support each other on your CD journey.

Scojos, I've added the loss to the list. Congratulations :D xxxx

Cat Bee - 28lbs - 8lbs lost, 20lbs to go
Trisha - 10 lbs
Scojos - 16lbs 5lbs lost, 11 to go
Mia- 28lbs