Injured - need alternative fitness ideas pleeeease

Poppybibby

Hi all,

I like to exercise and had been swimming up until last month when I got diagnosed with tendonitis in my left shoulder and joint inflammation in my neck, so then I went jogging with my dogs instead and now I have tendonitis in my right ankle. Unlucky hey lol.

Can anyone think of any exercise I can do that will not aggravate either of these injuries but either help weight loss or even just help to tone up? I can't do situps because it hurts my neck, can't do weights because it hurts my shoulder and can't do anything high impact because it hurts my ankle.

Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thank you :D

Hi all,

I like to exercise and had been swimming up until last month when I got diagnosed with tendonitis in my left shoulder and joint inflammation in my neck, so then I went jogging with my dogs instead and now I have tendonitis in my right ankle. Unlucky hey lol.

Can anyone think of any exercise I can do that will not aggravate either of these injuries but either help weight loss or even just help to tone up? I can't do situps because it hurts my neck, can't do weights because it hurts my shoulder and can't do anything high impact because it hurts my ankle.

Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thank you :D

You are gonna hate me! Just rest. Beyond gentle walking just rest. Your body is literally screaming at you to take some time out. Once you are injury free start out gently with whatever exercise you enjoy most but warm up properly and stretch properly afterwards. Don't be tempted to over exercise. Eat clean as weight loss is at least 80% diet and get plenty of sleep. That said I think you would be well advised to spend some time with a good sports physio as thats a lot of injuries - I do a lot of exercise and am not a youngster but I have never had that bad a run of problems before!

Have to agree, Unfortunatly resting is the best you can do.
A gentle walk at the most, but focus on recovery. If you push yourself too much now you could get more injuries.

For a core workout maybe do planks instead of sit ups?

As frustrating as it is I guess you are right. I will have to give it a rest for a little while. Having physio on my shoulder at the moment so fingers crossed that will be fixed soon and then an 8 week wait for physio on my foot :(

Thank you for your advice.

Back