Inkie's LT Diary

inkie

Well I have read the literature, lurked on the forum, and have bitten the bullet to go for it.
I am well and truly sick of being big. Can't buy the clothes I want to wear, fell out of breath and have no energy......you know how it is.
Packs at the ready, I am starting in the morning. Went for WI this afternoon and came in at 20s 9lb - the biggest I have ever been, and about twice the weight I was when I got married 19 years ago today. Fizzy water in the fridge ready to go. Wish me luck!

Good luck inkie :D your story is pretty much the same as the rest of us, were a pretty supportive community here and if your struggling post and there is normally someone who will reply and keep you on the straight and narrow :D

Good Luck on your journey x x x

Good luck hun... i started about the same weight as you!!! Now 3 stone down.... just stick it out hun and you'll be the same in 10 weeks sweetie!!!

The first few days are the worst then its easier!!! We're all here to help!!!

Hows it going today inkie :) ... thought I'd stop by and see how day 1 is :) just remember to drink lots of water and it really does help x x x

Thanks for that! Yes, so far, so good :) Shake for breakfast, peanut flapjack for lunch and then another shake for tea. Had lots of water through the day - and not felt hungry one bit. Feeling a bit cold just now, and so going for a long soak. How are you doing?

Well, just having shake 3 at the end of day 2. Still feel generally OK. Cooked tea for family - went round supermarket and surprised as to how I wasn't bothered about things! Hubby had a chest infection last week and i'm sneezing and wheezing like a gud 'un, and so I hope I'm not starting with one!

Well, today was a bit of a challenge. I have been away on a conference, and every one else was there partaking of the provided food at lunchtime - I went out and sat in the car with the ipod, and ate my peanut bar. Then to top it off, this evening the kids wanted fish and chips - and so went and bought them, plated them up, but managed to stick to it 100%. They smelled lovely. Must say that I have an heightened sense of smell.
I have begun to realise how much of what we eat is habit - normally I would be picking at chips whilst plating up - but managed to do it. Onward and upward!

Well Done inkie ...it does get easier preparing others food after you've been on this a while. I bet your so pleased with yourself for not giving into temptation ;) especially at WI day :) x x x

Good luck on your journey! Im on day 6 today and can't quite believe im still doing it and how easy im finding it. feeling great! x

Hi inkie! Sorry it's taken me till today to reply - just wanted to say your doing great! I started in January at 22 stone and with a break and a restart at last weeks weigh in I was 13 stone 7lb and honestly it can be done! Everyone on here is so supportive and the challenges you've already had show how great you are :)

Can't wait to hear how you get on at your weigh in!

Tc XxX

Thanks for the encouraging words ladies. Just managed another day on conference, and a 'big shop' this afternoon without giving in. I honestly cannot believe that there is no hunger - must be in ketosis by now, and looking forward to weigh in on Monday. Great to hear your stories of your journey so far. Keep up the good work, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Well, been for the weigh-in today, and lost 11lb, at which I am delighted! Motivated me for another week! Keep on keeping on everyone!

Its so easy to stay focused when you have WI's like that isn't it :D

Excellent going and keep up the great work honey x x x

inkie said:
Well, been for the weigh-in today, and lost 11lb, at which I am delighted! Motivated me for another week! Keep on keeping on everyone!

Vow Inkie that is brilliant loss:)
I had my first weigh in today as well and lost 11 lbs

How are you finding diet so far?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MrsRR said:
Vow Inkie that is brilliant loss:)
I had my first weigh in today as well and lost 11 lbs

How are you finding diet so far?

Wow!! 11lb is brilliant. Well done!!

Thank you Pamdev :)
But I still haven't lost my cravings. Lol
Hopefully they should fade away by end if this week :)

Well done you! A great result! I'm finding it OK.I'm in the zone, and realise that I have to shift some weight for the sake of my long-term health. No problem with cravings/hunger etc - am able to shop and cook no problem. Just could do with a few more flavours of the shakes lol. Also, it would be nice to be able to have a hot drink - I can't stomach black coffee, can just about manage earl grey black - and so cold water all the way here lol!

Well done you! A great result! I'm finding it OK.I'm in the zone, and realise that I have to shift some weight for the sake of my long-term health. No problem with cravings/hunger etc - am able to shop and cook no problem. Just could do with a few more flavours of the shakes lol. Also, it would be nice to be able to have a hot drink - I can't stomach black coffee, can just about manage earl grey black - and so cold water all the way here lol!

You are doing so well Inkie. You go girl:).
I totally agree with you on flavours and hot drinks. Wish they done a bit more of them.

I am also loosing weight for health reasons and to feel better about myself. I am a bit worried about loose skin though as I have got a bit to loose:confused:

Have you tried warm water, its suppose to be good for you to :)

Do u like peppermint tea??? I love the twinnings peppermint and fennel at the min x

Back