Insane Ramblings on Route to being Fit & Fabulous Forever

Liking this idea will work on my Mantra later! Its was on QI one week about the waking yourself by repeat the time before sleep or something like that?

I think if we can harness our brain it can do amazing things but can also be a pain in the bottom if it plays silly b*ggers!

So I went to class tonight - which was heaving again another 13 newbies. Whole group lost an amazing 11 and a bit stone :eek: I lost 2.5 which is fabulous but left me a mere teeny tiny 0.5 of a pound away from my lovely 9 stone loss. That shiny sticker will be mine next week. Even if I have to chop off a few toes!

Feeling much better but voice still patchy! Skipped run this morning as it was very windy & wet. I was trying to be sensible thinking if I go out in this likely to be sicker for longer but really hope to be back out there at the weekend :rolleyes:

Made a daft error today as hadn't had time to do my meal plan and shopping list so winged it at the supermarket. Be prepared for some slightly odd meal combos over the next week :8855:

Eeee sods law!!! You will definitely rock it and then some next week though!!! You can do it!!

Terrific loss again Shelley. Bet you wished for that extra half a lb but next week for sure, that new award will be yours. Nine stone. NINE stone!! Its fabulous and I can't wait to see it added to your sig. You should be very proud of every one of your awards, they've been hard won but totally deserved. xx

9st eeeek xxx u will definitely get it next week xx what an amazing feeling that will be xx you are an inspiration to everyone xx

Morning (only just!)

Hope everyone is well & thanks for all the lovely positive vibes for next week. I'm worried cause once before I was close to an award and had a totally unfair half pound gain and was gutted but just going to stick to plan as normal and see if the Gods of the Scales are kind to me cause thats all we can do :)

I'm a happy bunny cause I got out for a run this morning. I woke still feeling little croaky but well in myself so went for it. Was only going to do a little easy 2 mile one but felt great so ran my usual 3 miler and in a personal best :D Nipped to supermarket to get some extra supplies otherwise I'd have been very unhappy with my weird meals!

Been trying to snow here a bit today but not too much and not settling. Hope it stays that way.

Off to check out everyone news x

That half pound is so gone - and (Susie gets her crystal ball out) I see two more pounds gone too! :D

Blooming heck well done on the run, Shelley, especially when the weather's not great! Or is this what happened? :D

Running.jpg

Last edited:
Totally agree with Zafira, you give us all such inspiration, well apart from getting me running, that will NEVER happen hun, I'm afraid. I'll walk miles any time I can but run.... no way, they'd have to stretcher me back home again :rolleyes:

Totally agree with Zafira, you give us all such inspiration, well apart from getting me running, that will NEVER happen hun, I'm afraid. I'll walk miles any time I can but run.... no way, they'd have to stretcher me back home again :rolleyes:

hehehe, I USED to run....when i was a teenager :D
would like to again, but don't think it will happen, painful joints & age!
BUT, like you i could walk for miles too, although i did ache for 3 days after delivering 1000 SW leaflets in one day!:D

That pesky half pound will be gone along with more in no time. I used to run but it depended upon who was chasing as to which way I was running :D. Have a great week x

Hi SJB,
Wow what an amazing journey. Reading through your thread is fantastic and very motivating for all of us.
9 stone is an amazing achievement, I really hope it goes your way at weigh in next week.

When I have pondered the question about emotional eating in the future when trying to maintain - I think ''normal'' (!) people do indulge in cake, I cream and crisps but a) it's not every day and b) it's a few scoops of I cream, not the whole pot. Ir it's just one bar of choc, not a family size pack. I think for me, this has been the main difference, it's allowing yourself the treat, but if you do have a treat, then it's being good for the rest of the day, or the rest of the week.
I think that's what I'm really going to try and work on if/when I get to that point.

i think you are amazing for going out running in this weather!! XXXX

Thanks all for more lovely comments

I was hardcore this morning with the exercise - even though it was quite icy out I still went for a 3 mile run was a bit careful on the few slopes as it was slippy! But I genuinely love it and it gives me such an amazing buzz. So high when I came back did a core workout & some kick boxing (can you tell I want to lose that 0.5lbs this week?!)

I never ran even as a kid - always had my period if it was cross country at school :rotflmao: If anyone is keen to try I can't rave enough about Couch to 5K which genuinely takes you from barely being able to run for 1 minute to running for 30 in very easy and mostly enjoyable steps :p Plus the huge advantage of running as exercise is it costs nothing other than some good shoes. I've joined and paid for so many gyms and gone a handful of times before stopping and paying for rest of contract!

Claire I think you're right its about learning that its ok to have a biscuit or slice of cake but that a treat is not an entire cake and that it can't be every day or every meal! I love the idea of being "normal" about food but not sure it'll ever happen :rolleyes: I have had a small victory since Christmas. Got a lovely box of chocolates (got loads but one of Thorntons which I love!) I gave away the vast majority of my haul but keep a small selection of the Thorntons in little portions. I'm amazed as ate the last few yesterday evening in a planned and restrained fashion, in former times there is no way I'd have held out even when trying to diet. I'd have scoffed the lot then played catch up! Being good today batch cooking some Cock-a-Leekie Soup & Bolognese.

I realised I hadn't updated my measurements for ages. I put my weight & measurements into the fab spreadsheet done by Squiddie which is so motivating. I don't measure all my body parts but so far I have lost loads of inches :) Will add the losses to my weight stats post.

So Susie suggested a mantra so I've done some thinking & come up with one. I'm going to recite it a few times every evening before going to sleep. Can't hurt and might help. Plus will try to think of it at moments of temptation.

"I will be fit & fabulous forever using food as my fuel not my friend"

Evening,
Long work day I was in at 6.30am and arrived home 10 minutes ago :sigh: But its nearly the weekend right??!

I took in portion of bolognese for lunch and chicken salad for tea plus lots of fruit & fizzy water. Resisted the lure of pizza too :eek: Going to have quick catch up and then off to bed!

Hope everyone some where snug and warm x

Evening,
Long work day I was in at 6.30am and arrived home 10 minutes ago :sigh: But its nearly the weekend right??!

I took in portion of bolognese for lunch and chicken salad for tea plus lots of fruit & fizzy water. Resisted the lure of pizza too :eek: Going to have quick catch up and then off to bed!

Hope everyone some where snug and warm x

Well done resisting pizza and being so organised with your food xx

wow, that's a long day!
thought mine was bad enough!:D
What do you do for work?

Good job on resisting pizza!....hope the smell of it wasn't too much of a temptation :)
Hate smelling nice food, makes you feel hungry even when youre not :D

Back