Insane Ramblings on Route to being Fit & Fabulous Forever

Recently I've been doing something odd on my shopping trips that I've termed supermarket self harming - I wander into all the naughty aisles and look at lovely stuff for ages. Stuff I can't & wont buy. Like some weird form of self torture. Hope to write out my list and only visit relavent bits!

Nah i read that as you knowing your own strength now. You have your Hotel C treats, so you can go and look at other stuff and know you'll not pick it up (unless it's called Ben and Jerrys lol). I say well done!

Nah i read that as you knowing your own strength now. You have your Hotel C treats, so you can go and look at other stuff and know you'll not pick it up (unless it's called Ben and Jerrys lol). I say well done!

On the B&J front I actually have a tub in my freezer - bought it 3 weeks ago and its still untouched :)

However I dare not open it as although have the strength to have it in the freezer once its open I think I'd eat it all. I was going to share with friends on Friday but they were so full after SW jambalaya mountain no-one wanted any :8855:

hi shelly wow your amazing love and a marathon that is fabulous love x x x

Morning Shelley xxx

Morning all :D

Been very productive so far on my day off - run 3.5 miles, supermarket shop, chilli on the hob and showered washed and ready to go to fat club in an hour :)

Then will nip home and change (can't wear jeans to weigh in and thats what I'm wearing for lunch!) before meeting up with my friends for lunch.

Think it means I have an hour to sit & browse here which is fab :clap:

Woohoo an action packed morning - if i hadn't had to come to work I'd still be in bed :D

Good luck at WI and have a lovely lunch!

You go girl, running a marathon is all kinds of awesome :)

I give the side eye to all the yummy crisps and savoury stuff when I'm at the supermarket, but I'm going to try Estameme's 'strut' the next time I'm in danger territory

Tracy x

* Warning - whinging post ahead *

So had a great food week, lots of SP days, Syns averaging around 10 / day and lots of exercise although not as much running and more intervals stuff.

Felt like I'd lost weight and a decent amount.

I lost 1lb :(

I promised myself at the start that I wouldn't moan about any loss and I've had weeks where I've been good and gained so I guess could be worse but feeling bit peeved. Especially as was at different (& morning so allegedly better!) group so didn't really know anyone and couldn;t have a sympathetic shoulder. Was behind two ladies saying how terrible they'd been and yet they lost 2 & 3.5 respectively!

Not sure this is going to help my willpower at lunch & with the B&J in the freezer :eek:

Love Grumpy S_J_B

I totally understand, a 1lb is is a 1lb BUT when we have been good and deserve a bit more it's still disappointing.

It's your turn to be grumpy this week, I will be grumpy next time ;)

You'll lose big next week

Don't let Ben and Jerry entice you ( they are cheaters) lol

Onwards and downwards we go

Tracy x

It is still a loss so don't be too downheartened but frustrating when you expect more. It could be because you run in the morning and perhaps your muscles hold water that have gone by evening weigh in but sabotaged this one a bit? There was a lady who came to my group for a while who used to run to group and was always disappointed by her losses even though she saw it in inches and a dress size? It could also be that you are getting close to target and weight loss does slow down then (apparently - I've never got close enough to see.) Hopefully you will see a cracking loss next week. It is always frustrating when people seem to lose without following the plan but then they could be new to sw (I think you get away with more at the start) or seeing a catch up from a good week)

All fab posts, particularly Lydia's - bravo hun for that one :)

You are exercising loads more, so that may have an impact, and maybe there needs to be a little bit more of that fab choccie, to get your syns up?

I know you're disappointed - but honey, don't be, give yourself a big hug, and look in the mirror and shout "12 stone...TWELVE stone!!!" :) xxx

Evening ladies

Feeling much better after lovely day out with friends who were all very complimentary about my weight loss & more importantly I felt reasonably good about myself & how I looked!

On the plus side we ended up at a different location which had healthy option salads :D

That and a couple of G&Ts mean I can still have a chocolatey treat this evening!

Will keep on and know all the lovely comments you've made make sense but still disappointed & cause you've all been there you'll understand that ;)

Don't let Ben and Jerry entice you ( they are cheaters) lol

Onwards and downwards we go

Tracy x
I'm ignoring them! And here's hoping :)

It is still a loss so don't be too downheartened but frustrating when you expect more. It could be because you run in the morning and perhaps your muscles hold water that have gone by evening weigh in but sabotaged this one a bit? There was a lady who came to my group for a while who used to run to group and was always disappointed by her losses even though she saw it in inches and a dress size? It could also be that you are getting close to target and weight loss does slow down then (apparently - I've never got close enough to see.) Hopefully you will see a cracking loss next week. It is always frustrating when people seem to lose without following the plan but then they could be new to sw (I think you get away with more at the start) or seeing a catch up from a good week)

Thanks Snow x
Is 1 lb closer to where u want to be my lovely xx
Yup thats true :)

All fab posts, particularly Lydia's - bravo hun for that one :)

You are exercising loads more, so that may have an impact, and maybe there needs to be a little bit more of that fab choccie, to get your syns up?

I know you're disappointed - but honey, don't be, give yourself a big hug, and look in the mirror and shout "12 stone...TWELVE stone!!!" :) xxx

Going to have few more syns and needed to do more running than gym this week to make my May target anyway :)

totally agree with other - it's still a loss and it's all about the overall loss (TWELVE STONE!!!) and you know that weight loss goes up and down - important thing is that it's a LOSS. you're doing a brilliant job, as you always do!! Xxx

Are you checking the measures?
When we do lots of exercise, we may gain some lean mass, which is good, but will reflect on the scale.

I hate when I have a good week and then lose no weight. It's not fair game :(
I always binge after that.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Thanks lovely friends x

I do check measurements every couple of months so might do that over weekend. Did have brief moment when I thought I've not had a binge so maybe I need one to boost things but am trying to ignore that! I think I've been very lucky so far with consistent good losses. I know it will slow down now as I have much less to lose.

Anyway going to just keep doing what I've been doing as it has and is working (still hoping for a good one next week :8855:)

Sorry for being a petulant child about it ;)

I'm glad you have had a good day with your friends :) Nothing to add to what everyone else has said. The human body is a strange thing. You have done fantastically so far! And 1lb is still a step in the right direction :)

Have a good day tomorrow, and don't let Mr Ben and Mr Jerry lead you astray! :)

well done on your loss hun your amazing x x x x x

Morning Shelley :wavey:,

Well done on your loss hun. Your doing super ! I hope you have a lovely day ahead :).

Kay xx

Surely it'll be lean gains you'll be making now? Do you measure your body fat ratio? I would suggest you do now you've not got much to lose and you are interval training etc. I'm pretty certain that most sites about weight loss/fitness recommend measuring your body fat percentage at this point because scale weight it harder to take off. If it carries on giving you these results, yet you feel slimmer and fitter (whichv you no doubt are) I'd highly recommend popping to on a body fat monitor.
Glad you had such a great day with your friends. No wonder they are complimentary, cough 12 stone cough. xxx

Back