Insanity workout... Anyone?

bettiesrevenge said:
I think I would love it in the end. I may become a fanatic! Haha.

Have you seen any of the dvd's Nat. They are really hardcore!!! I'm exhausted just watching them lol

Lose2Win said:
Have you seen any of the dvd's Nat. They are really hardcore!!! I'm exhausted just watching them lol

Haha! I'm that sick person who is addicted to infomercials! I often watch it in the morning and get tempted to buy them, and p90x!

Maybe it's just the fit guys. I think I'm getting hung up on becoming seriously lean. Like Jodie marsh only not as scary!

Also, for those of who have done insanity, since doing it i lost 1.6 lb but now, 6 days in ive put on over 2lb! What's going on? I know you build muscle too but my sole purpose is to lose weight with this, since i already weight 159 lb, i dont want to go any higher! And im not great at measuring the inches on me.... what am i doing wrong?

Sami your doing nothing wrong! As long as you are eating alright then it's probably muscle mass

Because us women don't produce as much testosterone as men, it takes a wile to build the kind of muscle mass that would effect the scales so quickly. You'd also need to be following a specific diet and exercise plan aimed at specifically building muscle mass. Weight gain when you start a new exercise plan is usually down to muscles retaining water, not getting bigger. Make sure you stay hydrated and eat enough food!

Good luck and keep us posted with the results-I'm dying to try this workout but I'm too unfit for 30 Day Shred let alone this!

Hi, I started the insanity workout today, and did the fit test - I currently weigh 18st 9lb, and am following slimming world but am eating more protein. My fit test results are as follows;

Switch kicks: 90
Squat jumps: 68
Knees: 85
Power jumps: 15
Globe jumps: 4
Suicide jumps: 5
Push-Up Jacks: 1
Oblique plank twists: 27

I will keep you all updated - tomorrow is the plyometric cardio circuit! :D

Wow Anna your results for your first fit test are great. Are you a regular to working out? I've been umming and ahhing about doing Insanity but I think I'll try P90X first. Did you take some photos and your measurements? I'm addicted to watching utube clips. I think done of the transformations are amazing.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted xx

I used to be a member of a David Lloyd gym, and absolutely love working out, but since not having the money to pay for the gym each month, I had to give it up, and since then I have found it very difficult to do home workouts, even though I have countless dvd's but am very excited about Insanity - it's really my cup of tea!

I have taken measurements and pictures, and will use them throughout my journey, and will be sure to be updating!
I've looked at P90x, but went for insanity, but I want to try p90x at some point for sure - let me know how you get on

Keep smiling x

I am soooooo tempted to do Insanity, I have heard such good things about it and seen amazing before and after results on other message boards , At the moment I am doing Kettlebells and although i am seeing good results its highly tempting to switch to this for a couple of months and see how I fair.

By the way Anna your fit tests results are fab, I hope you keep us updated on your results. Good luck. :)

Midnight-Sparkles said:
At the moment I am doing Kettlebells and although i am seeing good results its highly tempting to switch to this for a couple of months and see how I fair.

:)

Ohh I love kettlebells and have 3 DVD's. What one are you doing?

Lose2Win said:
Wow Anna your results for your first fit test are great. Are you a regular to working out? I've been umming and ahhing about doing Insanity but I think I'll try P90X first. Did you take some photos and your measurements? I'm addicted to watching utube clips. I think done of the transformations are amazing.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted xx

And I thought I was the only weirdo who looks for P90x before and afters!

Midnight-Sparkles said:
I've been doing Kettleworx for about three months and I love it. It really changes your body shape and pulls everything in. How about you? can you recommend any good Kettlebell DVD's? :D

I saw kettleworx but thought they were asking too much for what you got. Instead I've got

Kettlebell Bombshell by Lisa Balash - she competes at Kettlebells is in her 40's and has a super hot body. The work out is OK but has too many breaks for me.

Svetlana - Power and Beauty - again she is a kettlebell competitor but from Russia (I think). I've only done it a couple of times.

The best is Kettlecise by Guy Noble, Just for Women Vol 2. It's fast moving and I really work up a sweat. It has 3 programmes 20 min express, 8 min abs and 50 mins.

Last edited:
I saw kettleworx but thought they were asking too much for what you got. Instead I've got

Kettlebell Bombshell by Lisa Balash - she competes at Kettlebells is in her 40's and has a super hot body. The work out is OK but has too many breaks for me.

Svetlana - Power and Beauty - again she is a kettlebell competitor but from Russia (I think). I've only done it a couple of times.

The best is Kettlecise by Guy Noble, Just for Women Vol 2. It's fast moving and I really work up a sweat. It has 3 programmes 20 min express, 8 min abs and 50 mins.

Thanks for the recommendations, I think i'm going to purchase kettlercise vols 1 & 2 next week, funnily enough I was looking into it the other day and now that you have said its good, I think that just sealed it for me :giggle: It will make a nice change from Kettleworx. Thanks again :D

Midnight-Sparkles said:
Thanks for the recommendations, I think i'm going to purchase kettlercise vols 1 & 2 next week, funnily enough I was looking into it the other day and now that you have said its good, I think that just sealed it for me :giggle: It will make a nice change from Kettleworx. Thanks again :D

Great, let me know how you get on :)

Did day 7 today - which should have been a rest day, but I had to have my rest day on Tuesday as I had a migraine, which should have been plyometric cardio circuit, so I just swapped the days. Feeling good! DIG DEEPER!

I'm considering trying this, is it as hardcore as it looks??
It's super pricey but considering asking for it as a gift. Any feedback on the workout be ace :)

RebekahR said:
I'm considering trying this, is it as hardcore as it looks??
It's super pricey but considering asking for it as a gift. Any feedback on the workout be ace :)

It is hardcore and difficult, you need a lot of stamina, having said that I'm 18 and a half stone and I can complete all the moves, without having to take a lot Of rest, however previous to doing insanity I was a real gym bunny and a walker/runner, if you already exercise frequently you should have no problem, but I would say its not really for beginners who are just starting. it's very much cardio based so if you're looking for a lot of resistance work then insanity won't give you that, but I love it!!!

If you want more resistance work try P90X. It uses weights &/or resistance bands but is just as tough going!!! I've not tried it yet. I'm planning on doing it in July once I've got my fitness up :D

I quit doing insanity, but I'm not sure whether to start it up again or not? I find my life schedule doesn't really help insanity to fit in as I go to college full time and work 22 hours a week too. I finish my college course in a week so should have loads more time to do it but I've been thinking about selling my Insanity boxset lately only something deep down is telling me not to. I might give it one last go and if I can't keep up then I'll stick it on eBay. I've still got my kettlebells although I do workouts from myomytv.com not a DVD.

My weight is slowly creeping up, I was 14st 7 when I first started dieting and I lost 25lb, now I'm back up to 14st 3lb and I feel ridiculously rubbish about myself. I wish I had the money to join a gym cos I would love to go!
I've got a lovely 2 week holiday coming up soon and I would love to lose 2st by then, its 2 months away and losing 2st is pretty unrealistic in my opinion.

If I did Celebrity Slim or Slimfast and kettlebells or Insanity do you think it would be a recipe for disaster??

spudsnipes said:
I quit doing insanity, but I'm not sure whether to start it up again or not? I find my life schedule doesn't really help insanity to fit in as I go to college full time and work 22 hours a week too. I finish my college course in a week so should have loads more time to do it but I've been thinking about selling my Insanity boxset lately only something deep down is telling me not to. I might give it one last go and if I can't keep up then I'll stick it on eBay. I've still got my kettlebells although I do workouts from myomytv.com not a DVD.

My weight is slowly creeping up, I was 14st 7 when I first started dieting and I lost 25lb, now I'm back up to 14st 3lb and I feel ridiculously rubbish about myself. I wish I had the money to join a gym cos I would love to go!
I've got a lovely 2 week holiday coming up soon and I would love to lose 2st by then, its 2 months away and losing 2st is pretty unrealistic in my opinion.

If I did Celebrity Slim or Slimfast and kettlebells or Insanity do you think it would be a recipe for disaster??

Don't be disheartened. Look at it as just a bump in the road. I don't think it's unrealistic to have a great loss in 2 months doing insanity and following a healthy eating plan(say 1200kcal a day). Maybe not 2stones but certainly enough to make you feel and look better. Insanity is so high impact that you'll need more calories than what CS or SF will give you. If you do Insanity you can Look at it more like reshaping your body than trying to see a number on the scales.

I am a great advocate of exercising but because I wanted to lose the weight quickly I did Cambridge. So although I'm much slimmer now I'm no where near as shapely as I was before when I dieted and exercised. I now have the hard job of trying o build my fitness back up and reshape my body.

I say go for it and commit to try Insanity one more time. Good luck in whatever you decide xx

Thanks Lose2Win, I'll give it another go for definite because its an expensive thing to have to buy again if I change my mind later on down the road!

I would rather see long term better results than a quick loss, admittedly. I lost the weight first time round quite slowly and its taken its time to go back on so I truly agree that losing weight slowly is the best option. I just want to look good on holiday and be quite fit as me and my fiance tend to do a lot of cycling around islands on my holiday - it'll be the last holiday I have for about 4 years whilst I'm at university so I want to be able to have nice pics instead of hiding them away cos I'm too much of a chunker! lol

Back