Inspiration!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Zomble, 13 December 2007 Social URL.

1. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Yesterday I heard about someone who had lost 10stone in 8 months on LL. She's probably here on Minimins somewhere... Anyway, apart from being totally awed by this achievement, I was inspired that she put her success down to drinking 8 litres of water a day (OMG - 8!!!) and here I am struggling with 4. Hah!

So now I'm feeling inspired to up my water consumption and see if I can race to the end of this diet phase and get to Management. I know some people find it tough to lose the last bit, so I'm planning to flush it out! Anyone care to join in???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peanut

peanut Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Oh Zomble... lets do it shall we? Im gona go for 6 a day this week?

Lets do it! xx

4. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I managed to do 5-6 yesterday, I find it easier on the weekends, but going to try every day too.
    I just want to get rid of this excess baggage so I can become a butterfly and not a big fat caterpillar any more :D

5. peanut

peanut Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Yep lets bin that excess baggage...

I even just took a bottle in the shower with me! lol.

Thats my plan over xmas - drink LOADS of water. Im going to mums and will get some S.Perlingro (i think its spelt like that) water and just drink and drink it. Beacuse it comes in a fancy bottle its like having something nicer then water. And its sooo nice - i never like sparkling water b4! So thats my plan !

You know what also a friend came round yesterday and she had diet coke and i didnt want it. Felt a bit uck thinking about how sweet and yucky it would be! I like the change im seeing here guys..

I also think the water is key in keeping the weight off after as well. Im not going to go back to milk in coffee either - its calories I dont need. I will now and again but not at work when I drink 4/5 cups.

P x

6. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Yayyy! Thanks for the support, guys. Let's get glugging!

7. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    LOL - now THAT is dedication!!!! :D

Or was it just to fill your bottle :D ;)

8. Christovee

Christovee Full Member

Just so you know, it's spelt Pellegrino. I only know this because there's a bottle in front of me on my desk. :)

I never used to be keen on sparkling water but now I love it. It's become the replacement for diet coke (which I'm not sure I could drink anymore).

9. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Serving it in a nice crystal glass with a slice of lemon makes it feel like a 'special' drink too!

10. cocojo123

cocojo123 Full Member

I try and drink at least 6-8L of water a day as I also go to the gym. I love sparkling water with fruits of the forrest flavouring. It tastes like lemonade. Its a quite expensive at 9 pounds a pop but its is certainly worthwhile when you have to drink so much. I would be definately be up for the challenge!!

11. cocojo123

cocojo123 Full Member

Barb,

Unfortunately we are not supposed to have lemon as the citric content can interfere with ketosis.

12. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    i thought we wernt allowed lemon?!!?!!!!:confused:

13. cc28

cc28 Full Member

Im in! I plan to drink 6 l a day except on Friday and Sat when the constant trips to the loo get difficult!

14. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I am up to 5, which I am quite impressed with as it was quite a struggle until last week, but I seem to have turned a corner and it is getting a lot easier. Woohoo!

15. cc28

cc28 Full Member

I had 6 yesday and have almost drunk3 litres so far today. We can do it!

16. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Definitely NOT allowed lemon!!

17. Christovee

Christovee Full Member

I actually found it easier to drink more water when I was hungrier at the start of the diet (and after my erm...blip). Now I'm in the flow of things and I don't drink to suppress the need to eat I'm far worse at it. I actually have to make myself down a litre at a time some days to make sure I drink enough (I aim for about 6 litres).

I'm up for being very rigid about it. I'm in super keen mode this week to have a big weightloss on Monday.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.