Instant mash Pasties

I made these earlier on for my lunch tomorrow, but added in a handful of peas and a very finely chopped carrot plus a tablespoon of passatta to help with the dryness and it came out gorgeous!

I have made the SW pizza and the base was made with instant potato, the secret is getting it as thin as possible, these pasties sure look good

Just had these and they were very yummy, added a little passata and chopped carrot...delicious, will definitely be making these again x

Wow! This is an amazing idea! I was wondering, would it be ideal to freeze and then cook in the oven from frozen? It seems a bit time consuming to make so I'd rather make a bunch in one shot!

So does half a bag of smash make one pastie? That's a lot of smash!

When I was experimenting with this recipe I used 1/2 packet and made two large ones, it depends on how thin you make them, also how large they are.

i have tubs of smash so how much would i use for these? n what filling could i use? its not for me but for my very hungry all the time bf lol!!

In the original recipe I used 125g of instant mash to make the two in the picture, as for the filling take a look at the previous postings as to what others have used, I used only meat and it was a little dry.
Pete

thanks i have found a syn free tinned filling that im gonna use! hoping all goes well as i have a bf that is to much set in his ways

What a great idea. I'm thinking maybe cheese, onion and sweetcorn. Are they fairly portable i.e. would they stand being packed in a lunch box or do they break up really easily?

Thanks

The ones I made were fairly delicate but I didn't try to pack them in a lunchbox just to the plate! Depends a lot on what the filling will be, the egg wash does help a bit.

Back