Interesting facts about your hometown..

Think they are doing that here too Delli..... wouldn't mind but it hasn't exploded for the last 60 odd years - what makes them think it will tonight.... caused utter chaos it has!!!

LOL - that's exactly what I was thinking going home last night!

I'm a Brummie, and my (slightly) interesting fact about Birmingham is that it has more trees per head of population than any other European city!

Some famous people from Manchester where I grew up:

Take That, Simply Red, M People, The Stone Roses and James (the group) are just some.

Oh and I can't forget good old Manchester United cant leave them out as I only live 5 mins from the ground.:D I suppose I better mention Manchester City too boooo.:D

Interesting thread!!

In my town, the tap mechanism was invented as was the Bailey Suspension Bridge.

Jeremy Clarkson came on holiday here and had a kebab butty!

Famous (!) people include: The Chuckle Brothers, David Seaman, Shaun Murphy (Snooker champ) several members of the Corrie cast have lived here, Paul Shane, William Hague and Dean Andrews who was in Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes.

And of course, me ;)

Well I was born in Ilford Essex .... at the same hospital as Sharon (Summerskye) also birth place of Steve Interesting Davis (and having met him at a nightclub .. he's dreary!!) Dr Banardos homes also started in Ilford.

Lived in Tonbridge Kent and went to same school as (Dame) Kelly Holmes. Henry Cooper - the ex boxer lives down the road to my parents and you often see him getting his local paper!

Now live in Middlewich - famous for salt, 57% of the UK market for salt used in cooking comes from Middlewich!

I'm from Hayling Island where some believe the holy grail is hidden. Don't understand how it couldn't of been found if it was here were an island that measures about 3x5 miles

Back