Internet meet ups

Hey hun, just seen your posts. Wow you were brave meeting up with him, well done! Glad it went ok and you're going to give it a chance - there's nothing to lose!
Did you mention your cat? ;)

lol, i forgot about the cat:p

Good on you Tinytootz! I met my BF online about 2 years ago now, we've been living together for 9 months and couldn't be happier! You seem like you are doing things safely, have fun!

Haha, no, no mention of the cat. My friend thinks that is all I talk about! But I did explain to her, that cats are quite boring, and its only her I talk to him about as she works for Cats Protection, so whaddya expect!

In hindsight, he has silly hair. Now whether I can cope with silly hair, I will have to ponder. And he wears nail varnish. Now I know this all sounds rather strange (my friend was wetting herself by this point)...but you never know!

He is a supervisor in a pet shop, which is nice, I am partial to the odd animal or 14!

We will see.....:)

Silly hair and nail varnish? Totally sounds my type! Hope it goes well for you :)

I have my date today at 2 and I'm so nervous. It's in a very public place...a museum haha. I'm gonna have to pretend to read the little information boxes instead of staring at all the cool stuff and moving on.

Cat's aren't boring! I think they are perfectly acceptable conversation topics!!!
Maybe you could meet up with him one more time - you probably can't judge it on one meet x

Before I met my hubbie I went out for a few internet dates, most of the time it was fun!
Once I met this guy online, we chatted for a while, he asked me for a photo, I posted mine but he had a lot of excuses not to post his. Because he was really funny, understanding and soo easy to chat, we started to chat a lot more. After a while we decided to finally meet in public.I said you need to post me your photo so I know what you look like. When I received the photo it was a very poorly quality.Still went back on chat and set the date. Arranged the meeting in the local small restaurant, when I arived he was already there, sitting and drinking beer. He looked a very different from the photo, (ugly as hell, sorry :) but I thought I am here so I will give a go. Went up to him and started to chat, he looked at me and said are you the girl my mum set up for me? It comes out that his mum was looking for a girlfriend for him, she created the account, and the photo was soo bad quality as it was taken early hours in the morning when he was leaving home to go to work, oh yes he still lived with his mummy. The guy was sooo boring and desparate that I had no choice but to escape through the toilet's window!!!
ps still keep in touch with his mum, and he is still single LOL

And it was Plenty of Fish. It is FULL of strange people from what I have encountered! But there is the odd non-strange person, like me :)

My sister uses that site and I would say she is one of the odd ones. I won't tell you how many men she has met off it and got personal with :eek:

I won't tell you about the time that me and a friend met with two blokes off the internet. We completely broke all the rules about meeting in a safe place (we met at mine!!!) and my god, they were AWFUL. That'll teach me :D

Have you heard anything back yet Hastalavegan? I've got a 2nd date on Sunday - eep! Going out for a meal, which isn't ideal, but seeing as Harry Potter has hijacked both the cinemas over the weekend, and bowling isn't exactly ideal IMO for two people who don't know each other that well, and I'll be driving (so no going for drink), it's the lesser of the evils. Fingers crossed his strangeness was just nerves........:D

i met my OH on an internet forum, it was a dance music forum for northern ireland and we knew the same people and went to the same clubs most weekends yet we had never met lol

i was at a festival and this cool lookin lad plonked himself down beside me, my bf at the time and my best mate and started to chat to my bf ( they knew each other ) i whispered to my best friend "hmm he is hot" lol i knew things were going nowhere with my current bf and had wanted to break up with him for a while and i did a few weeks later ... but i had no idea who the lad was

few days later i posted the pics of the festival on the forum and some lad on the forum quoted the pic and wrote " look at the state of me, im so drunk" lol turns out it was the hot lad lol

i was out at a club one night and he came up to me and started to talk and was buying me drinks all night, he went to kiss me and jus run away lol i was so confused!

we talked on msn alot and bebo mail lol and then it moved to texts and we arranged to meet up for an after party one night when he was at a club and i was at a different 1, so i met him and all his friends and never knew a single person there ...

next wedensday makes it 3 years to the day and turns out one of his friends i met that night ( clare ) turned into 1 of my best friends and im going to be her bridesmaid for her wedding :)

I met Mr Pogle on a dating site - we've been together 4 years now, and couldn't be happier :D

We emailed for a while, moved onto texting etc, and finally arranged to meet in a pub early one Saturday afternoon (me thinking that if it was disastrous, I could leave fairly early that way lol).
In the end, we were in that pub for over 10 hours, and left well after midnight! (thankfully, they did food there, so we didn't starve lol) - we just clicked immediately, and talked endlessly :flirt2: I think the bar staff has started wondering if we would ever leave PMSL. Within a couple of weeks, we were pretty much inseperable, and we moved in together after 6 months.

It can definitely work out :D

Speaking of which, it is Mr Pogle's birthday today, I should probably think about what to feed him once he comes home from work :eek:

Back