Interval Training

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Abiphoto, 24 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Abiphoto

Abiphoto Pink Lady

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers
    hi all,

my personal trainer has got me doing interval training, where i run for 2 mins and walk for 2 mins alternating for a set amount of time.

so far ive only managed 10 mins of it in my cardio circuit as im knackered when i get to the tredmill cause of xtrainer!

anyone else do this type of exercise? its great for me as im astmatic to take the pressure off as i get a break every 2 mins.. :D
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Channy35

Channy35 Wants to do this!

i train like this too and really feel the benefits because as you progress you'll be able to run for longer so 3min run & 2 walk. It works!
  4. Aoife

Aoife Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lipotrim, Calories counting - Now Slimming World
    I've been doing this sort of training for the last 8 weeks. I am following the Running Made Easy programme for the beginner where eventually I'll be able to run 5 k without stopping. I'm on week 8 now and run 3 mins/ walk 2mins for 35mins. I could run further and far longer, but the last year I suffered from shin splints which were very painful and set me back to square one again with running. So I'm holding myself back to the programme for now. It's a great way to build up your running time with a reduced risk of injury. Good luck. The weeks do fly by and you'll be running for longer in no time at all.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.