Introducing the new Pro-points plan: *UPDATED TO THE CHANGES IN 2011!*

I like that, I used to feel like such a failure if my online points showed a minus. It's like having a little overdraft that you don't have to pay back :D

that's actually a great simile! Yes, it's exactly like a free overdraft :D

thank you all ladies and gentlemen, I wasn't expecting all these thank yous :) you'll make me blush!:eek:

Thanks so much!
I live in the Middle East and can only do online and they won't send a calculator over here - would I be able to buy a calculator via Paypal from a leader and have it sent or would that not be allowed?
Thanks!

I'm sure you can buy the propoints calculator through an online seller, I don't think they follow the mailing rules of the WW website!;)

I'm really sorry to add to the list.... I can't get to a meeting until next week now :-( could someone please work out my PP's? I'm 28 - 17st 3lb - F - 5ft 10. Thank you in advance, sorry to be a pain xx

40pp per day plus weekly luv xx

Hi guys

Trying to come to terms with the new plan...not doing too bad.
I have a monthly pass, but cant get to a meeting this week :-(
Please could i have some suggestions of what people are eating on a typical day...?

Also im guessing im on 29 points, could you correct me if im wrong..im 5ft 6, weigh 9st 13lbs and im 26.

Many Thanks in advance x

yes, 29 plus weekly xx

hello again, calculators not arrived as yet is it possible for you to work out my sons allowance 6'3, 18.1st, 28 years. He has been doing so well with the Discovery plan lost total of 2st 10lbs, he's really excited about the new plan.
Many thanks in advance and Kagome75 you do deserve the thanks I learned more about the new plan from your threads than WW.

thanks for that :eek: I'm just doing my best! :eek:

your son is on 55 pp plus weekly, mate :) enjoy!

In the new plan, the minimum propoints allowance you can have is 29 propoints. You CANNOT (and I underline and stress out, CANNOT!!!!) go lower than your daily allowance. That is to ensure that all the right nutritions are taken during the day, that you take the right amount of carbs, proteins, fat and fibre for your body to function.

You have given us loads of information about this, thank you. However, i am going to have to disagree with this statement.

I have stressed this loads of times recently but i will do one more time! You do NOT have to use all your points, not on the old points plan and not on the new Pro Points plan either.

It is true, you cannot carry ProPoints forward to the next day if you do not use them but you certainly should not feel like you need to eat all of your points.

The rule is simple: If you're hungry, eat your points. If you're not hungry, DONT EAT! Eating for the sake of it is a habit we all need to get out of, that's why a lot of us are over weight in the first place! There is no need to eat food just so you use up all your points. It is pointless! (pardon the pun) and it is a myth that has been bouncing back and forth for a long time.

Only eat when you are hungry!! :D

(to be honest, i dont think anyone will have any trouble eating all their daily points because it is a healthy sensible amt of points that is probably calculated in a way that means a healthy days food will add up to about that amount.)

Good luck everyone! :D xx

Julia is an assistant for ww and she is right we should eat all our daily allowence.....sorry I understand 100% what you are saying but it is by ww recommended we eat the daily pp as its low the same as fast start.........like 16 points and I know we shouldnt eat if we are not hunger but most of us are here through emotional eating so hungry tummy hunger is something many people dont have until they lose weight over months,me for one I completely lost the feeling of physical hunger as my emotional need for food was always there to comfort my problems its only 8+ months of ww that has ta me not to eat for emotions but only when hungry.
I think everyone will work out how this works for them but I wouldnt promote people not eat all their daily allowence as its been researched we should.
I will say no more but ditto good luck guys x

I have stressed this loads of times recently but i will do one more time! You do NOT have to use all your points, not on the old points plan and not on the new Pro Points plan either.

if you're not hungry and still have loads of propoints it means you have been eating the wrong kind of food and not something that gives you a healthy balance. I can stay with eating fruit and veg the whole day and have a full day with 0 propoints but never feel hungry. Does this mean that I have given to my body all the nutritions that it needs? Does fruit on its own, or vegetables on its own, give you all you need to sustain your body? They might be make you feel full, or bloated, but they cannot replace everything else!

I'm not saying eat for the sake of it, but I'm saying PLAN your day in a way that you have your 29 points every day, because you MUST have them. If this means having some full fat stuff, or a square of chocolate, then by all means, have it: don't demonise fat, it's extremely important to your body.

For me, I have found that I get all my propoints if I have 25g of nuts at lunchtime, which top up my fat and proteins intake and give me nutritions that are invaluably important for my body, with only 3pp. I can have at the end of the day 1 or 2 pp left to take, in which case I have a slice of ww cheese and a couple of slices of ham before bed, or a cup of coffee with skimmed milk if it's only 1pp, before bed.

If you don't eat the right amount of nutrients during the day your body won't function properly. There's too much involved, including nutrients essential to rebuild your cells after exercise and protection against bad health. No excess is right!:rolleyes:

Julia is an assistant for ww

thank you, my friend. I'm not an assistant to WW though, I only help out at my weekly meeting :) I would love to be hired by WW, I tried to apply for the position of leader, but seems that I don't have enough time to be one because I can only do meetings in the week end, when my fiancé's not in work and I can have the car. :cry:

Lol Helping out is assisting ? You'd think they'd want weekend leaders as many people struggle going week days? Why not write to the top bod and explain how you feel you can offer so much and you feel weekend leaders are essential? It would be easier for me weekends, surely they having much to lose letting you try?x

Thank you very much for all of your help Kagome75! It's much appreciated x

Thankyou kagome75, really appreciate all your help and updates. Keep up the good work :)

I'm a little confused by the eating all your points... at my meeting, we have been told that while you cannot carry points over they are "use it or lose it", and you don't HAVE to eat all your points every day?

if you're not hungry and still have loads of propoints it means you have been eating the wrong kind of food and not something that gives you a healthy balance.

I'm not saying eat for the sake of it, but I'm saying PLAN your day in a way that you have your 29 points every day, because you MUST have them. If this means having some full fat stuff, or a square of chocolate, then by all means, have it: don't demonise fat, it's extremely important to your body.

If you don't eat the right amount of nutrients during the day your body won't function properly. There's too much involved, including nutrients essential to rebuild your cells after exercise and protection against bad health. No excess is right!:rolleyes:

I'm a little confused by the eating all your points... at my meeting, we have been told that while you cannot carry points over they are "use it or lose it", and you don't HAVE to eat all your points every day?

My leader has stressed to us for a very long time (and she has been a leader for MANY years) that we do NOT need to eat all of our points. I am not for one minute saying that you should eat fruit all day, or miss out on 10 points a day. As i said in my earlier post (or maybe a post somewhere else - can't remember now!) I am talking about the odd point here or there. A sensible balanced day of food will obviously take you to nearly 29 points because it is a very carefully devised plan which works and they have given us 29 points for a reason. But no-one should be eating for the sake of eating! That's how we get fat, by eating for the sake of it instead of when we are hungry! How will your body learn if you keep putting food into it when it doesn't need it?! So it really doesnt not matter and it will not jeopardize your weight loss if you don't eat every single point every single day. One loses weight by eating LESS food so you WILL still lose weight if you only have 26 points one day a week or 3 days a week or whatever. There is no reason to eat all your points if you are satisfied. WW has always said, eat until you are satisfied which is a trick we all need to learn. I have eaten a very well balanced and perfectly healthy set of food today, i have not gone hungry and i have not eaten the wrong foods, i have had a huge portion tonight, probably too much in fact, and i have had a chocolate muffin, and i still have 4 points left. I am not going to use them just cos they are there to use.

Crooked Smile - your leader is absolutley right, IMHO

Sorry Kagome - i am sticking to my guns on this point!! No offence to you at all! We have both obviously been given different information from our leaders but the information i have been gien makes sense to me so i am going to stick with it so please dont feel like i am having a go at you xx

Sorry Kagome - i am sticking to my guns on this point!! No offence to you at all! We have both obviously been given different information from our leaders but the information i have been gien makes sense to me so i am going to stick with it so please dont feel like i am having a go at you xx

I had always thought like you, I was the person who was constantly on 14 points per day even if she was supposed to be on 21, and sometimes even 13 at times! But actually I have been following the new plan for 2 weeks and the first week I didn't eat all the propoints because I was feeling too full (not many off, just one or two). I lost nothing last Sunday, not even 1 ounce! This morning I weighted myself because I'm going away for the week end and I can't weight myself on Sunday, and I have lost 1 lb. I have been eating 29pp per day as I want to lose another few lbs before Christmas. I had 9 of my weekly propoints on Sunday at the Chinese and ate 29 every other day up to now. In the end of the day, if I had reached 27, I had 1 slice of WW cheese with 50g of ham. If I had 28 I ate 1 slice of WW cheese. So I have been "eating unnecessary" because I wasn't hungry. But 1lb off, and I'm close to the minimum healthy weight for my height. That's the only thing I can say :cool:

I have nothing against you, I'm just talking about what my leader said and what my experience has been. She did tell me that she too lost nothing on the first week and she too hadn't had all her propoints.

I had always thought like you, I was the person who was constantly on 14 points per day even if she was supposed to be on 21, and sometimes even 13 at times!

I have nothing against you, I'm just talking about what my leader said and what my experience has been. She did tell me that she too lost nothing on the first week and she too hadn't had all her propoints.

It's not just what i think, it is what i have been told by my WW leader whom i trust - and it makes sense to me. And if it was essential that one must eat all of their points everyday i would have thought it would be written in stone somewhere in the "ProPoints rules" and therefore all leaders would have to stipulate that all points MUST be used. I have not seen it written down anywhere and i dont believe that my leader would lie to us!

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree for now and the proof will be in the pudding! I will stick to what i have been told in my meeting and will question it if i don't lose any this week! :) xx

Putting aside all other aspects of the debate (revelant as they of course are!) my query is what the official WW line is. I got the impression from these posts that WW is saying you MUST eat all your points, but I can't see this anywhere in my file nor has my leader said it? I guess I'll do what I feel is working for me anywhere but I always like to know what the official line actually is :)

Back