Introduction. :)

Letresta

Hi there, Letresta here and this is my first post on Minimins.

I have been looking around for about 3 days reading the posts and checking out the weight loss pictures along with reading people's weight loss diaries. Which inspired me gratley into joining the forum. I started Slimming World back on the 22nd of May 2012 and I weighed 13 stone 1 1/2 pounds. Since then I have, it has been like a rollercoaster with some weeks losing other times gaining. I was 15 stone and 4 pounds back in September 2011, but that was due to the fact that I started living with my grandmother and adapting to new food habits. (Completly different now).

At the moment I weigh 13 stone exactly, and starting next Wednesday (25th of July 2012), I am going to be restarting my journey in order to lose weight. By then I will have weighed so I know what weight I am going to start off as. I am aiming to be 8 and a half stone, when that will be I do not know. However there is no rush, because taking small steps will ensure that I will lose weight regardless.

I am losing the weight in order to feel confident about myself, get over my stage fright, fear of cameras and my health. Also it will give me a positive outlook on my future. Being 17 is difficult and I see teenagers my age or younger and they look so much healthier and fitter than myself. I am not trying to fit in but it would be nice to look the way I used to be from when I was 9 years old, then I started gaining the weight.

Here we go, new start, new me.
Even if it isn't a new year. :)
Letresta xox

welcome good luck with your journey wish I'd hd the courage to do it when I was a teenage

Hi ya gorgeous... I found your thread... Yay! I'm totally impressed.. Well Done!!! Wow you're aiming to be tiny!!!! 8 stone something?!?! Impressive! It's a nightmare living with ppl with different eating habits.. So plan plan plan what u eat! That's my biggest bit of advice! Enjoy good food! What's next in your future? U got anything planned for your 18th?

Hey Letresta!

Well you already have an awesome attitude for moving forward; so step one: complete! Please try not to worry too much about others your age and comparing yourself to them -- you are who you are, and that's amazing. You are still really young, so now is the perfect time to work off those weight burdens and start living a happy, healthy life. And if you ever need any help along the way... well, I guess that's what this forum is here for! :3

B
x

Hi ya gorgeous... I found your thread... Yay! I'm totally impressed.. Well Done!!! Wow you're aiming to be tiny!!!! 8 stone something?!?! Impressive! It's a nightmare living with ppl with different eating habits.. So plan plan plan what u eat! That's my biggest bit of advice! Enjoy good food! What's next in your future? U got anything planned for your 18th?

Haha, yes I am aiming to be tiny! Future is going into nursing looking after special needs or mental health individuals. Nothing planned as of yet for my 18th. :)

Hey Letresta!

Well you already have an awesome attitude for moving forward; so step one: complete! Please try not to worry too much about others your age and comparing yourself to them -- you are who you are, and that's amazing. You are still really young, so now is the perfect time to work off those weight burdens and start living a happy, healthy life. And if you ever need any help along the way... well, I guess that's what this forum is here for! :3

B
x

Aw, thanks for the positive support. Always nice to have support of people, as they know what you are going through. :)

We gotta stick together kiddo!!!! I'm in middle of night shift... Yawnnnnnnnnn just been crunching on my carrot sticks... Can u think of anything more depressing sob x

Well I stayed down my parent's place for the night (always do once a week as I miss my little brother ;D and my two cats, I see my parents every Tuesday night anyway after Slimming World to let them know how I did, but dont see my brother as he is in his room on the Xbox or the Wii), and my dad made me a steak roll (no butter), and he didn't cook it enough and that's how I got it. So blame my dad! :) He did say he was sorry like a million times earlier when I was crying in pain on the sofa when my mum, dad and brother was at the table eating their chicken cooked dinner. (Torture considering I love chicken!) I am back down my grandmother's place now, anyway so yeah I will be ok. :)

Awwwwww I bet ya dad feels awful!? Lol what a nightmare!!! Well make sure u drink plenty of water n get plenty of rest!!!! I'm home from my night shift.. Ain't goin swimming.... YAWN!!! Getting up this afternoon n maybe goin swimming then!? C how I feel... Then slimming world tonight... It's always tricky after nights.. Never seem to loose anything.. Think I hold more water.. We will have to wait n c huh!? Night night honey!!!( I'm totally sulking cause the sun is shining n I'm blocking it out with my blinds... Sulk!? YAWN zzzzzzzz

Erm....... Hanging head down low... Kinda didn't make it to swimming... I'm soooooooo tired lol!?!? Dragging my heals ha ha .. Shower now then cook so I can get back later n crash... I'll let u know how I get on... Here's hoping x x

Well just decided to be 9 and a half stone now, if I need to lose a bit more I will. 9 and a half sounds more reasonable than 8 and a half. :) x

Oh I totally agree honey!!! 9 n half sound much more maintainable too... Go with ya gut.. If u get down to that n find u wanna loose more, then decide!!!!! It's a journey so enjoy it.. Well that's what ppl keep telling me.. Mutter mutter!!! Half a pound on.... Grrrrrr :(

Well the weigh in is tonight, ready for the diet and exercise tomorrow. I am feeling a lil nervous but not much. If I gain weight. I gain. But I am determined for tomorrow. :)

Back