Invited over to the neighbours for drinks/nibbles - Dreading it!!!

NatW

Guys,

The neighbours have just kindly invited us to come over to their place for drinks and nibbles tomorrow evening.

They're really nice and we have just moved in the area a few months ago so we didn't feel like declining their offer.

Now, I'm scared because I really don't want to fall off the wagon but at the same time I don't want to offend/disappoint the neighbours by standing there and only sipping water.

I am sure that the wife will have gone to some extent to serve us a few tasty nibbles and I don't know how to behave because I don't want to offend her.

What kind of excuse will I find to justify the fact that I cannot drink or eat anything?

I'm thinking I might just tell them how it is and say I'm allowed nothing really.

Hopefully my husband will make up for it and devour everything!

Have ye ever confronted to such a situation?

Cheers,
Nat

hey! i did it yesterday at my friends house, i knows its different as she knew but her family didnt and i had to sit at the dinner table sipping water..and going to the pub and not ordering anythings tough too...

you could just say it as it is.
you could also say that your feeling abit ill or youve had a stomach bug or food poisoning and dont want to risk eating anything just in case
...think the best option is just to say it as it is...either way theyll still enjoy your company! x

Hi Nat
yes, I have been in a few situations like that, although not to the extent you are in with it being new neighbours, etc.

Personally, what I would do.....go over and see her before tomorrow evening. Just explain about LT and say, "please dont be offended that I dont drink and eat"....it is the company at the end of the day you are going for, not the food and drink!!!

Take over a bobble of nice fizzy perrier water and have it in a nice wine glass.

Cant say it wont be hard, cause I think it will and I just hope the fact that you had a great loss this week will keep you motivated.

Whatever you do DONT DRINK ALCOHOL WHILST IN KETOSIS..very dangerous......

These are the challenges we will face and really, it is up to you to make the decision. I know I wouldnt eat or drink because it would just put me back and being on a roll, well,,,why jeopardise that for a few nibbles...etc...

Let us know how you get on though, but sure others will post and give their opinion.

Hope you make the right decision!

Its abit of a pickle but id do what scotsmist suggested. Its easier to tell the truth then to think of a convincing lie. :)

Good luck and im sure she will be lovely about it!

I agree with scots and mellum - be proud of what you are doing, its a good thing, and it may get the conversation flowing !!
x

Scotsmist is right. Far better to have a word with your neighbour before hand and then you are not having to explain in front of everyone. And then you needn't worry so will enjoy it

Irene xx

Yup I cant agree more with what Iris said!

Honesty is the best policy and i bet they will be very understanding about it!

Hi nat
they won't be offended just be honest and after all the company is more important than the nibbles and drinks. If you don't want them to know about LT just avoid the food and say you have had that much to drink over xmas time that you are sticking to water. Good luck these things are sent to try us.xx

Hey girls,

Thank you all for your valuable input.

You're dead right, I'm gonna be honest about it and tell it like it is. I was first tempted to say a white lie not because I'm not proud of what I'm doing but because some people are scared of TFR diets and think they're dangerous. My hubby was quite sceptical at first and thought I was gonna put my life at risk that way.

Anyway, I will tell her the truth and I'm sure she will understand. I'll keep you all posted!

Cheers again everyone and enjoy the evening!

Nat
PS: just had my very first chicken soup and it's not too bad! Granted it's a bit bland but at least it doesn't make me gag.

I agree with everyone else. Be straight, they will understand. It happened me a couple of times and I just told the truth. You won't feel a bit out of place as you will still have a glass in hand(just water) and hubby will make up for you!!!! He can eat twice as much.

Lots of people don't ever drink alcohol....Im sure they don't go around apologising for it all the time! Be yourself and be proud of it, Im not sure you even need to make excuses.

Good Luck! xx

Hey girls,

Thank you all for your valuable input.

You're dead right, I'm gonna be honest about it and tell it like it is. I was first tempted to say a white lie not because I'm not proud of what I'm doing but because some people are scared of TFR diets and think they're dangerous. My hubby was quite sceptical at first and thought I was gonna put my life at risk that way.

Anyway, I will tell her the truth and I'm sure she will understand. I'll keep you all posted!

Cheers again everyone and enjoy the evening!

Nat
PS: just had my very first chicken soup and it's not too bad! Granted it's a bit bland but at least it doesn't make me gag.

:) Enjoy the evening and getting to know your new neighbours....honestly, I believe is the best policy..if not, then you end out lying and well, let's face it, starting a friendship, etc on lies, aint good!!!

Look forward to hearing all about it.

Back