Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

Hi Molly :)

Have just read through your diary you have done so so so amazing!!!

After reading I definitely will be refering back to Ww pp but trying to make good GL choices. I really hope it works for me!

xxx

Emma
Thanks for the kind words. Gi/ GL principles are the basis of a lot of newer diets. Unislim have a Gi plan. Someone also told me that WW pp is also Gi based. So following pp should work for you. You know you can maintain and you are well back on track. Making good GL choices will also help.

It's going well Ruth and I think I might have a loss tomorrow!

Found you Molly - enjoyed your diary, and picked up lots of useful information regarding the GI/GL which I think I will be adapting after the holidays. I will probably buy both those books that you recommended as well, just to gain more knowledge.

Off to look at the recipe thread now.

Keep up the good work, and good luck for your WI.

How'd the weigh in go? Hope you get some results from all the hard work you've put into getting back on track. It's a pain for me to wait until after the cast removal - i need to see those scales as a motivator!! I don't think I'll have much of a loss- portion sizes have been way too big. I'm going to try and cut back over the next week.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Go me! Go me!!!! Down 2lbs!!!!! Mind you I'm away next week so will prob put it back on!! I'll aim for a STS next week.
Hope everyone is doing well.

WooHoo!! Go you indeed!! :D:D xx

wahey! well done Molly :) x

Thanks everyone. Another week and it will be a bit of a challenge. I will be away this week so will do my best to stay on track.
I've had several breaks before and have managed either STS or small losses so I know it can be done.
I hope to manage as follows:
Breakfasts: scrambled egg and one whole meal toast and bowl of fruit and coffee.
Lunch: a salad type dish or a Nakd bar( I'll bring a few of these)
Dinner: best low gl option from the starter, a fish choice and green veg. A spoon of OH's dessert. Coffee and wine.
Any coffee breaks will be just that so no scones or Danish as they are deadly sugar spikes !!
Anyhooooo, that's the plan! Will I stick to it, I'll let you know!!

Sounds like a great plan - having a plan to fall back on when temptation strikes is half the battle! Have a great week. R x

Brilliant plan Molly. Have a lovely week away x

Great plan. Hope you have a lovely week xx

Hi all. Been awol the last couple of weeks. Holiday got extended due to the good weather etc. But the great news is (drumroll please) I lost three pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! This takes off the Easter gain. I made food choices as I said I would and had lots of alcohol etc so no stinting on fun!! I feel back in charge too. Once I stick with food as fresh and unprocessed as possible and limit bread potato pasta and rice I have no problem maintaining. I never feel deprived or hungry.

My foods will be drawn from this list:

B: 500mls water + 2 coffees with one of:
>50 g porridge oats
>Poached egg on two slices of burgen soy and linseed bread.
>40g Smoked salmon on one slice homemade brown bread
>148 g Mixed berries with seeds and 100 ml yoghurt

L: 500 mls water, coffee with one of:
>68 g tuna , 2 boiled beetroot, salad on two rye crackers
>Carman or Nakd bar
>Chicken salad wrap and side salad
>50g hummous with large salad of lettuce, pepper, tomato, gherkin, olives etc

D: one of these:( (recipes in recipe thread)
>spicy mixed bean dish
>Veg stir-fry with quorn
>Quinoa,prawn and veg stir-fry
>Turkey and veg with 30 g couscous
> Lentil curry with mixed veg on the side

Pudding: 100 mls yoghurt with:
>125g blueberries
>Apple
>Pear
>Two plums
>Two kiwi

Snacks: any two of the following
>two plums with 15 g mixed seeds
>Chopped apple
>2 Oatcakes with peanut butter or cherry toms and cream cheese
>Up to 4 nairns sweet biscuits
>Nature valley chewy trail mix bar
>Kit Kat two finger bar
>Small bar chocolate

Have a good week everyone.

Wow Molly what a FAB result!! :D:D I'm really pleased for you - you must feel great! Not many people could achieve that. A very well deserved drum roll indeed!!!

All good plans in place too - sorted madam!!! ;) :) xx

Wowser Molly bloody brilliant, well done :) xx

Back